• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Lennon just needs some 'Help'.
Or maybe the people who do not know the full facts and have him thrown to the Wolves need the help and maybe a life

A small clip on social media makes him the enemy of the people unbelievable and deflects the way the WHOLE TEAM let down themselves, the supporters who went and the management team

Or maybe the people who do not know the full facts and have him thrown to the Wolves need the help and maybe a life

A small clip on social media makes him the enemy of the people unbelievable and deflects the way the WHOLE TEAM let down themselves, the supporters who went and the management team

Sorry, whilst I get where you're coming from, my quote was more aimed at the Beatles fans! ?

Lennon’s reaction will determine where he goes from here. If this is the kick up the arse he needed to refocus and put the effort in, he might be okay.

If Sol’s bollocked him and demoted him to the under-23’s and he’s sulked and moaned about how much he wants to leave, Sol will get rid of him as quick as possible come January.

For the record, I don’t think Sol was overly impressed with him against Dover. The mic caught Sol open armed at Lennon at one point, shouting “what happened there?” several times after repeatedly telling him to win the second ball which he failed to do, not for the first time.

Right reaction or not, I think he still might be on his way out in January if we can sign someone better. I’ve never been convinced he’s up to standard and as a top class centre back in his day, Sol will know whether he’s worth hanging on to or not.

If your not having a great game, not doing what you are asked (all be it in good company in this verses Dover) the last message you want to send your exasperated boss is the one he did.

I am not for hanging him out to dry and hope he comes back stronger- but i am very happy that what happened did not meet the standards Sol expects (if some can't see the problem with his behaviour it is no problem at all on the basis that the only person that matters does- and we can all agree to disagree and it doesn't matter).

Second part is a bit weird, either it's some disciplinary process and that's not Sol's responsibility, or Sol is letting Craig Fagan deal with Lennon for the foreseeable future.

It'll be Ron interfering won't it?

It might just mean that Sol has designated the "minding" of Lennon to staff, Fagan or a.n.other and given a timeline for reports and progress and he, like a good manager, has delegated and then is leaving alone.

It's looking like Lennon's going to have to go through a few mind games with the new regime's stance on this now.
In a normal work place he would be on a written warning and then have an action plan; I expect something similar and simple has been put in place based around attendance, motivation, fitness, professional conduct, fairly measurable and sanctioned within PFA guidelines, maybe alcohol ban too.

you see I would play him -and let him prove himself ... if he failed ..

this way hes a bit protected ..

but I suspect RM might be thinking of getting him off the pay roll at Christmas

Yeah he’s getting offloaded. If not I feel playing for the 23’s yesterday would have been the end of it

The first issues seem to be fitness and discipline.

Sounds like Sol has those firmly inked at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back