• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Has kev lost the dressing room?

I still only blame one man And the sooner he sells up the better it will be for our club .The team is shot to peaces because of him .Keeoing the club in the embargo Kevin and his staff never had a chance .So has he lost the deressing room NO i dont beleve he has Will he still be hear next season who knows .

I'm aware I may get shot down in flames here, and up until this last month he has done a fantastic job given the circumstances, but since lopata gate (I'm not going down the route of him playing) which happened in front of the whole squad before a game we have seriously gone down hill, and the players don't look like they are giving it everything like they were prior to that game (aswell as not getting paid at that time) yes I understand there are alot of factors at play which could have finally caught up with us, but it seems like the fight has gone. Listen, we could also say we have lost by the odd goal and penalties in our last few games, however this is a results business and the recent ones can't be overlooked.

No, Kev hasnā€™t lost the dressing room at all.

Nextā€¦.

Anyone who thinks that the management trio are to blame for the current situation need to give their heads a wobble.
They have been working with their hands tied for virtually all season, the fact that we are not in a relegation scrap is testament to the hard work they have put in.
In answer to the original post....no! Ron lost the dressing room months ago.

Embargoes adversely affect all teams and all managers. It ties their hands completely. I'm sure the team know this. Unfortunately they will be affected by this as well.

I'm aware I may get shot down in flames here, and up until this last month he has done a fantastic job given the circumstances, but since lopata gate (I'm not going down the route of him playing) which happened in front of the whole squad before a game we have seriously gone down hill, and the players don't look like they are giving it everything like they were prior to that game (aswell as not getting paid at that time) yes I understand there are alot of factors at play which could have finally caught up with us, but it seems like the fight has gone. Listen, we could also say we have lost by the odd goal and penalties in our last few games, however this is a results business and the recent ones can't be overlooked.
I personally wouldnā€™t look any further than the Ron factor!

No, Ron hasā€¦ I wouldnā€™t blame Kev if he walked, having to work with both hands tied behind his back. I have been critical of Kev in some aspects (too slow to change tactics when the original plan isnā€™t working, late subs etc.), but Iā€˜m still convinced we would have made the play offs if it wasnā€™t for Ron. Rebuilding a team spirit has been one of Kevā€™s greatest achievements IMO.

The dressing room was lost, as soon the players wages were late and the embargo kicked in. Kev and his team have done a fantastic job under the circumstances and any criticism of them is totally unwarranted.

I think given the proper resources, Kev and his assistants could have taken this squad to the playoffs. But alas, a certain person made it an impossible job

Fair enough, the general consensus seems to be no, I guess I'm glad, was just a question I was putting out there as something has gone wrong and all these defeats and it doesn't seem like another win will come, where as even without getting paid they all seemed together

Dont think he has lost it in the traditional fashion, pretty sure after the wages debacle, lopata, and the season being essentially a massive waste of time and effort a lot of them will be eyeing the exit door.

Fair enough, the general consensus seems to be no, I guess I'm glad, was just a question I was putting out there as something has gone wrong and all these defeats and it doesn't seem like another win will come, where as even without getting paid they all seemed together
I feel it had to be asked, but as I pointed earlier on this thread.
I feel it is the Ron factor, heā€™s like a virus šŸ¦  that has infected everything. The quicker he does one the better.

Was there again today and no way he has lost the dressing room. We should have won or certainly not lost. We created chances as we did at Borehamwood etc but just canā€™t finish. Weā€™ve struggled all season up top. The fault lays at the feet of one man and one man only And itā€™s not Kev. Donā€™t think you will find a tighter group of players and management. We wouldnā€™t have got this far without it

Maybe the wrong question, could it be more likely there may be factions within the squad , I feel the start of this originated on the pre-Christmas trip up at Gateshead something changed up the northeast imo

Hard to judge a manager when heā€™s got his hands tied by the owner. He seems loyal to the club though

Back