• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Has kev lost the dressing room?

Not lost dressing room... But he is less popular with players than Currie and Bentley. You'd expect that but.. He won't want this run to go on much longer

We have an excellent management team, an excellent recruitment set up, an excellent CEO and of course Stan. The only problem is our owner who is preventing them all from doing their jobs effectively. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and the club can move forward and be ready for next season.

How many losses will it take? Darren Currie should have been manager and kev assistant! I said it right from the start! U need to put aside your love for kev as southend united legend! It was sad to see Chris Powell leave but sorry its a results business and kev ain't getting none!! U must not have seen the current run we are on? Its OK loosing to teams in the playoffs as they are games which can go either way but when u are still loosing to teams below u then that becomes an issue,but I guess that's Ron's fault too.
Even with Currie in charge, we'd still have signed Taylor and Fonguck, you'd still be moaning....and probably suggesting that Bentley should be in charge!

More a personal prediction than a forecast... I did say "hopefully! how do you see it panning out?
I’ll wait to find out what happens at the end of the season
Will the embargo be removed
will any players leave
will we be able to attract replacements
will the chairman provide any funding
will we be able to attract a buyer etc etc etc

I’ll wait to find out what happens at the end of the season
Will the embargo be removed
will any players leave
will we be able to attract replacements
will the chairman provide any funding
will we be able to attract a buyer etc etc etc
I’ll add to that list... Will their be enough fit players to even form a team?

We have an excellent management team, an excellent recruitment set up, an excellent CEO and of course Stan. The only problem is our owner who is preventing them all from doing their jobs effectively. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and the club can move forward and be ready for next season.
Ron was preventing them from doing there jobs as he wasn't paying them! They won 5 in a row then got paid? What the f...k has happened since? Can't find any excuses? Down to management now.We aren't just loosing to top teams now either.

And here is the latest SZ issue everyone can get all binary about... honestly, after everything that has gone on, anyone who seriously believes what we really need is a change of manager at this moment needs to give their head a wobble.

I think the Lopata thing has really upset the applecart as prior to that there was a siege mentality, the squad were all in it together... and then all of a sudden, they weren't. The fact that we haven't picked up a point since then I don't think is a coincidence.

But the players are here because of Kev et al, he has been the glue that has held them together and still represents the best chance of getting out of this league in my opinion. We know what they can do as some of their performances earlier this season belied the league position... the rest of this season doesn't really matter now, its all about Ron finding a buyer before the summer because he has made it clear the well has run dry as far as funding the club is concerned.
We need some stability, not more change.
We need the embargo lifted
And change if we keep losing next season

Obviously as an ex player/legend Kev gets cut far more slack than the previous recent managers, including CP. Ron is also in no position to sack another management team but
In reality the new owners will see 12th in the table as failure.

Much smaller clubs on half the budget and no showers let alone occasional cold ones are above us. lack of goals is far more than just sign a 20 season player. The whole club needs to stop the daily use of the "Its all Rons fault" get out of jail free card.......Time to find a wining mentality before we spend a dozen Wrexham years in this division.

Learn to cross a ball and have some desire to get on the end of it would be a start. Add throws, free kicks, and finishing and there must be dozens of you who have seen better in your Sunday team......The saddest thing is i'm not joking.

what a silly question... the lads have been dragged through it and during this time made us safe from relegation.... includes the management.. and because we arnt flying high in the playoffs ..lets **** the manager off??????????????????? what??????????????? its these guys that saved the bloody club... i take it you people have only supported this club last decade.. go back 40/50 years and you will see many bad managers and back room..but these guys are not in the same boat.. these guys are good and care for the club! and given some funds and restraints lifted we will then be flying... its a joke on here sometimes..really is...up the blues!

Obviously as an ex player/legend Kev gets cut far more slack than the previous recent managers, including CP. Ron is also in no position to sack another management team but
In reality the new owners will see 12th in the table as failure.

Much smaller clubs on half the budget and no showers let alone occasional cold ones are above us. lack of goals is far more than just sign a 20 season player. The whole club needs to stop the daily use of the "Its all Rons fault" get out of jail free card.......Time to find a wining mentality before we spend a dozen Wrexham years in this division.

Learn to cross a ball and have some desire to get on the end of it would be a start. Add throws, free kicks, and finishing and there must be dozens of you who have seen better in your Sunday team......The saddest thing is i'm not joking.
Spot on. I love Kev and I'm desperate for him to succeed but he should be on a pretty short leash once a new owner is installed and he has the freedom to strengthen the team.

Back