• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've just had a pan through the OS statements, blogs etc & I'm struggling to find much in the last 18 months or so that didn't turn out to be inaccurate or simply attaching blame elsewhere. Just out of interest can you, and I really would hope you will be able to, point me in the direction of some positive things Ron said that were actually borne out by later events? :unsure:

Well, the tax bill was paid (extremely belatedly) when he said it would be, and his claim that the club would stand firm financially this year appears to have been confirmed by Sainsbury's and the much fabled £5m credit facility. His claim in the "At Home with Ron" Video delight was that this season a budget would be in place and from August the players would be paid in time, and that's something that *touch wood* looks to be bearing fruit at the moment.

DISCLAIMER - I'm not RM. Or Geoff. Just pointing out that although some blatant mistruths have been said, not everything has came out to be BS.

Well, the tax bill was paid (extremely belatedly) when he said it would be, and his claim that the club would stand firm financially this year appears to have been confirmed by Sainsbury's and the much fabled £5m credit facility. His claim in the "At Home with Ron" Video delight was that this season a budget would be in place and from August the players would be paid in time, and that's something that *touch wood* looks to be bearing fruit at the moment.

DISCLAIMER - I'm not RM. Or Geoff. Just pointing out that although some blatant mistruths have been said, not everything has came out to be BS.

Not a denouncement (on this occasion), more a question. If we're "standing firm" financially, why haven't we paid Tilson?

Not a denouncement (on this occasion), more a question. If we're "standing firm" financially, why haven't we paid Tilson?

Well, my understanding of it is that lawyers representing the two parties are communicating as standard practice, but I'm happy to stand corrected. I know JTSB says that six months of wages are due, and I'm not disputing that or the disgrace of the matter, but RM has said that Tilly's contract will be honoured in full and, until it arises otherwise, it'd be wrong to criticise him for the notion other than the fact that this has taken far too long to settle.

Quick question that i hope someone may be able to clear up. People on here caim that we only have until next year to start the project or planning permission gets revoked BUT how come that there is a development due to start in the Eastwood Rayleigh area that received its planning permission in the 1970's and as long as they build to that specification then there is no need to re-apply for permission ?? Why would we have to ??

Quick question that i hope someone may be able to clear up. People on here caim that we only have until next year to start the project or planning permission gets revoked BUT how come that there is a development due to start in the Eastwood Rayleigh area that received its planning permission in the 1970's and as long as they build to that specification then there is no need to re-apply for permission ?? Why would we have to ??

Not sure about the development you are referring to, but my understanding is you can apply to renew the permission (this is national legislation). As long as you re-submit the application before the old one expires (June 30th 2011) and as long as there has not been any significant changes to the site circumstances or planning policy, it is unlikely to be refused. It is basically re-submitting the application and will be charged at the current fee. Some authorities require the plans to be re-submitted again as well, and some don't. Not sure where SBC stand with regards to that...

Alternatively, Ron can get the contractors to start the foundations - excavate them and start laying them (before 30th June 2011) and that will count as implementing the permission. ie, we could see a few steel rods in the ground and the site cleared soon, but nothing else for a long, long time. Once this is done there is no time limit to complete the project!

I'm sure Sussex by The Sea could give a better explanation on this subject...

Last edited:
I'd like to think that our glorious lead is piping down for a good reason, ie he is too busy sorting out the stadium to write his 2,000 word twaddle which nobody quite rightly believes a word of.

Back