• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was joking about Carlos I just like bragging about him as he is my Record signing and I think a bargain.
here is the Rochford FC Midfield Academy

=========================
Age       Playmaking      Passing      

17        Inadequate      Inadequate

17        Passable          Solid

17        Passable          Poor

19        Passable          Passable

19        Passable          Weak

23        Passable         Passable

The last one is going to be my main IM the second bottom will also be the second will not be sold but kept and trained passed Brilliant. Top and 3rd will all go once they reach Brilliant and 5th will go at Excellent

OK seeing as you two have put up your training academies, here's mine

Pearstars' Defending Academy

=====================
Age Defending
=====================

17 Inadequate

17 Passable (Just Popped)

18 Passable

18 Passable

18 Passable

18 Passable

19 Passable

- Now the task is to get them all training!

**Edited**

Age       Defending      Passing    

18        solid              

18        Passable          

17        Passable          

17        Passable          

17        Solid        

17        Inadequate          Passable

17        inadequate         passable

18         weak                                 Winger: passable

17         inadequate

17         passable

17         inadequate          solid

Number 1 and 3 are around a week from popping.

Number 2 is around 2 weeks.

The bottom 2 are injured and that is why the weak guy is being trained as an improvised trainee that I pulled one time.

The ones with passing I bought a bit through the season and it doesn't look like they'll pop so that was stupid.

All these will be sold at the beginning of next season, as I have 'ad it up to 'ere with defence training already and will be changing to Scoring.

Well i'm going to train midfielders too, just need some younger players.

Age Playmaking Passing

27 Solid Poor

18 Solid Poor

28 Passable Passable

26 Passable Weak

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 17 2004,18:41)]Ok there's only 4 of them, but it's a start for a team in £85k debt!
only 85K pah I was nearly bankrupt the start of the season I upgraded my stadium & bought some players & went 295K now only 75K though thanks toplaying international friendlies having 8 spokes persons not investing in the youth squad and getting larger gates.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Sep. 17 2004,22:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 17 2004,18:41)]Ok there's only 4 of them, but it's a start for a team in £85k debt!
only 85K pah I was nearly bankrupt the start of the season I upgraded my stadium & bought some players & went 295K now only 75K though thanks toplaying international friendlies having 8 spokes persons not investing in the youth squad and getting larger gates.
You're a very lucky boy then.

I've stopped investment in the youth team, as I feel it is a lottery and you can pick up better players for less than you would put into the youth squad.

I actually managed to pick up 2 18yr old passable defenders for £7k and £6k respectively. I have also just completed expansion of my stadium to £25k as I feel I will win my league next year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 18 2004,09:30)]
[b said:
[b said:

I've stopped investment in the youth team, as I feel it is a lottery and you can pick up better players for less than you would put into the youth squad.

I actually managed to pick up 2 18yr old passable defenders for £7k and £6k respectively.  I have also just completed expansion of my stadium to £25k as I feel I will win my league next year.
it is indeed a lottery but you will always pull 1 or 2 diamonds a season.

just before the end of last season i pulled a cracking player i think Excellent Scoring, Solid, Passing, Solid Stamina, and something else. He was 17 and went for 600K + a fair few of my squad are made up from youth pulls.

i wouldnt dismiss the Youth system it can work in your favour.

and in saying that i have just pulled a TSI 10 bag of sh*t

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 18 2004,10:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 18 2004,09:30)]
[b said:
[b said:

I actually managed to pick up 2 18yr old passable defenders for £7k and £6k respectively. I have also just completed expansion of my stadium to £25k as I feel I will win my league next year.
it is indeed a lottery but you will always pull 1 or 2 diamonds a season.

just before the end of last season i pulled a cracking player i think Excellent Scoring, Solid, Passing, Solid Stamina, and something else. He was 17 and went for 600K + a fair few of my squad are made up from youth pulls.

i wouldnt dismiss the Youth system it can work in your favour.

and in saying that i have just pulled a TSI 10 bag of sh*t

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I pulled my passable keeper from my youth squad, however IMO when you're in debt (as I am currently) then it is too expensive to fund the youth squad. When I did it, I put in £13,333 a week as I don't understand the concept in investing less yet taking longer to improve, but when in debt it is obviously very expensive especially if you are pulling TSI 10 bag's of sh*t!

I like to "hunt" for young trainees as I'll generally know what I'm going to get.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Sep. 17 2004,19:11)]All these will be sold at the beginning of next season, as I have 'ad it up to 'ere with defence training already and will be changing to Scoring.
How long have you been training defending BP ?
from what I have read in the BDF forums from the experienced hattrickers the optimum is train from 17/18/19 till 21 and get them as high as possible. Ideally you have a solid coach (mines only inadequate) hopefully after the end of season I can afford to get a Solid by going 170k in debit again!. Then the next two seasons are training PM as per my trainees from earlier.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Sep. 18 2004,11:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Sep. 17 2004,19:11)]All these will be sold at the beginning of next season, as I have 'ad it up to 'ere with defence training already and will be changing to Scoring.
from what I have read in the BDF forums from the experienced hattrickers the optimum is train from 17/18/19 till 21 and get them as high as possible. Ideally you have a solid coach (mines only inadequate) hopefully after the end of season I can afford to get a Solid by going 170k in debit again!. Then the next two seasons are training PM as per my trainees from earlier.
About 5 weeks, unfortunately with my debt I only have an inadequate coach. One of my players has passable experience so I shall train him as a solid coach, when I get some money, if he won't be a good coach then I shall purchase one.

I just want them all to improve so that they can take over from my old guard soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 18 2004,13:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
About 5 weeks, unfortunately with my debt I only have an inadequate coach.  One of my players has passable experience so I shall train him as a solid coach, when I get some money, if he won't be a good coach then I shall purchase one.

I just want them all to improve so that they can take over from my old guard soon.
I was going to do that but its cheaper to recruit externally as you only need a Solid with poor/weak leadership. Untill we get upto the level of MTS & Bob C the likes of you & me + the ones on the rungs below us have to go for the cheaper options & build up in time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Sep. 18 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 18 2004,13:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
About 5 weeks, unfortunately with my debt I only have an inadequate coach. One of my players has passable experience so I shall train him as a solid coach, when I get some money, if he won't be a good coach then I shall purchase one.

I was going to do that but its cheaper to recruit externally as you only need a Solid with poor/weak leadership. Untill we get upto the level of MTS & Bob C the likes of you & me + the ones on the rungs below us have to go for the cheaper options & build up in time.
I'm getting there.

I should finish 2nd in my league this year, although should really have won it. My poor home form has cost me, as I have drawn twice with the team who will win it.

I thought I would win the div & have the team who are 4th come second the same as last season. But a newbie this season has come from nowhere & beaten me home & away, other than that I am unbeaten in the league he lost his first couple of games & as a result I'm second on goal diff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Sep. 18 2004,12:59)]
[b said:
I've been training defence for a year now.

I sure your right you would get the maximum profit if you train for 3-5 seasons, but I'm just too impatient. Plus I think that training scoring and playing 3-4-3 which I think will win me more games. Also at the same time I am making to my standards a pretty good profit, as I will be able to get some half decent scorer trainees and at some point upgrade from a passable trainer to a solid one.

Also I am not currently in debt and shouldn't be for now. My record transfer buy has been about 26,000 and I've made about £388,000 selling the players I started off with and replacing them with out of form passable players in the positions I'm not training.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 17 2004,19:12)]Well i'm going to train midfielders too, just need some younger players.

Age       Playmaking      Passing      

27        Solid               Poor

18        Solid               Poor

28        Passable          Passable

26        Passable          Weak
Erm, definitely... there is basically no point in training anyone over the age of 23 - they take waaayyy too long to pop (23 year olds take the best part of a season to level up).

That doesn't mean you should ditch older midfielders necessarily - if they've got high experience levels, that's effectively worth another 0.5-1* on their midfield ratings.

But you cannot instigate a training policy based on having 26, 27 and 28 year olds... it's the mother of all non-starters.

Two final thoughts for all trainers:

1. Even though passing is a more important skill in HT 6.7, it's still not as important (for midfielders) as stamina. If your IMs have passable stamina or lower, then I suggest you need a blast of stamina training during the close season. OK, so it has a negative effect on form... but you'll just have to live with that.

2. if you have a burst of short-pass training in order to increase passing skills in your squad, don't forget that your defenders DO NOT pick up passing training. If you want them to improve their passing skills, you may have to play one or two of your better defenders as midfielders in a friendly game midweek.

Matt

Back