• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HDMI Leads - A warning for those that like me didnt know...

Jam_Man

Life President
Ive just bought a Blu ray player and went to Maplins to get a hdmi cable.

£32 !

I didnt buy one and asked the 12 year old who worked there why they were so expensive and fair play to the chap he said dont bother, just go to HMV or somewhere and buy one for a fiver.

I have therefore ordered 3 off of amazon for a few quid each.

Fearing I may be losing some of the Blu Ray experience I just did some research and was shocked to find out that there is no difference at all between a cheap lead and one that costs £120 !

What a rip off.

Now I remember paying a lot of money for analogue cables for my hifi and speakers as you do get better quality (although whether ID have noticed is another thing) so I assumed the same of HDMI.

So despite what Comet salesmen might say when you buy a TV dont fork out for expensive HDMI Cables and thanks to 12 year old Maplin guy for saving me a fortune.

seeing as it's a digital signal, you are just paying extra for 'quality' connectors... not a problem if you're just plugging in and leaving.

Yeah I got some for £1.99 from amazon.

As you say Pubey you get better build quality in more expensive ones but Id rather just replace a broken one with another £1.99

Back