• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help Me Work from Home!

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
After a number of health issues, it has highlighted that health is my number 1 priority. I have a great job in the City but am sure the stress of it all is not helping my health.

I am at a stage of thinking that work away from a desk or working from home would be the way forward. It is something that I would love to try.

The question is what types of business are easy to earn some money and have potential to build up with little experience. I am very sporty, I love my poker too. But, I am not sure becoming a professional poker player would provide me the security I need and I would like some financial security. Something with a more guaranteed income. I have a couple of coaching qualifications but competing against professional sports club who work with the community would be the problem.

Can you recommend any ideas that would generate income and something that could provide a good living over time. I am not an accountant or a professional with any qualifications. All I have is a first class honours in Business and marketing.

What sensible business plans could I adopt?

1. Ebaying.

We do a lot of dropshipping,look up and join ESOURSES.
serious question, does it work for you? My perception has been that the margin you make is only enough to cover ebay fees / google ads, unless you source the products yourself (I know someone who has made a mint out of drop shipping water tanks believe it or not!). PM if you prefer, would be very interested.

tHERE IS TRIPLE THE PROFIT IF YOU CAN BUY STOCK YOURSELF BUT AS WE LIVE IN fRANCE THAT capss off is not viable so the wife does dropshipping to merely boost the family income,profit margins are different on all items but doesnt take up much time for her,so yes it does work for her/us.

What about some sort of pyramid scheme?

Pm me if interested. Then pm 100 of your friends if still interested.

Wow you have a First Class Degree, but claim to have no professional qualifications. Hats off to you.

After a number of health issues, it has highlighted that health is my number 1 priority. I have a great job in the City but am sure the stress of it all is not helping my health.

I am at a stage of thinking that work away from a desk or working from home would be the way forward. It is something that I would love to try.

The question is what types of business are easy to earn some money and have potential to build up with little experience. I am very sporty, I love my poker too. But, I am not sure becoming a professional poker player would provide me the security I need and I would like some financial security. Something with a more guaranteed income. I have a couple of coaching qualifications but competing against professional sports club who work with the community would be the problem.

Can you recommend any ideas that would generate income and something that could provide a good living over time. I am not an accountant or a professional with any qualifications. All I have is a first class honours in Business and marketing.

1. Ebaying.

Can't your company be a little more accomidating by setting you up at home?

Don't laugh, but what about working for Avon? Men do really well working for them, and all it is is delivering books to a territory, hand out to family and friends, shops etc then collect them and you can earn good money from it too.

Don't laugh, but what about working for Avon? Men do really well working for them, and all it is is delivering books to a territory, hand out to family and friends, shops etc then collect them and you can earn good money from it too.

Sorry Hils i did laugh,i know you told me not to but i did.

If your health issues are preventing you from working in london , would the health problems go away if you were working at home.

I would imagine that working for yourself and the added responsibility of having to make it work to pay for food etc, combined with the issues of doing your own tax , NI pensions etc could be more stressful than a normal desk job

What is your background? Do you want to develop a self-employed job (maybe consultancy using your marketing expertise?) or run a business?

1. Ebaying.

The IT department at your company will be able to set you up with either VPN or RDP access to your PC at work. If you are able to work at home but do your job via either of these methods, then HR will be bound to look into it for you.

If your health issues are preventing you from working in london , would the health problems go away if you were working at home.

I would imagine that working for yourself and the added responsibility of having to make it work to pay for food etc, combined with the issues of doing your own tax , NI pensions etc could be more stressful than a normal desk job

nah, tax neednt be taxing. the only stress is credit control!!!

What is your background? Do you want to develop a self-employed job (maybe consultancy using your marketing expertise?) or run a business?

Say that in a radio deeeejay Smashy 'n' Nicey voice and it sounds like the start of an advert that should be played again and again (and again) during the ad breaks on Skysports News....

Anyway, as to the original question I concur with a previous poster - if you really have a 1st class honours degree in business, then why are you asking Shrimperzone? Shouldn't we be asking you? :winking:

Ok, I'll have a go - what about qualifying as a personal trainer? It would a) get you out of the house, b) give you some sense of achievement in helping others and c) you'd get a shedload more sex. All in all, you might feel a lot better about yourself. You're young, you have it all to look forward to fella.....

Back