• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help Me Work from Home!

Have you considered becoming a mother****ing hustler and/or a player?

The street is my office and my reputation is my CV.

Hi,

Just to inform you that Southend4ever appears to have been banned from the forum without reason. Is there an explanation?

The IT department at your company will be able to set you up with either VPN or RDP access to your PC at work. If you are able to work at home but do your job via either of these methods, then HR will be bound to look into it for you.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for this response. I really appreciate it. I am in a lot happier place than I was but you were spot on that IT are able to execute work from home access which is an absolute beauty. I actually enjoy the challenge of coming into work with regard to this role but am still doubting whether my health would be better working from home. Either way I would love to work from home but I have no ideas for a business plan.

Regards,
Greg

If your health issues are preventing you from working in london , would the health problems go away if you were working at home.

I would imagine that working for yourself and the added responsibility of having to make it work to pay for food etc, combined with the issues of doing your own tax , NI pensions etc could be more stressful than a normal desk job

What is your background? Do you want to develop a self-employed job (maybe consultancy using your marketing expertise?) or run a business?

Firestorm,

Fantastic point mate. I think to be fair health issues need to be treated rather than swept under the carpet so I fully take on board your comments and I suppose I just wouldn't know the reality of it until I tried. But I certainly wouldn't trade my current job for scrapping around in my room looking for bits to sell on ebay to make a 50p profit.

C,

Graduated from Uni in 2008 with first class honours in Business and Marketing. Spent 6 months working at a recruitment firm in a market analyst role, learning about the markets and exploring avenues for the business to grow along with some administration work. Then another 6 months with a market research role at a recruitment company. I was also helping to improve their administrative process and recruitment policy. Now, 2 and a half years to present at an investment bank in a business administrator role that has a number of elements of marketing involved as I manage two of our staff initiatives. I would eventually like to run my own business but I am a long way from having a business plan to doing so. I am short of inspiration and seem to have a severe lack of time to be able to exploit opportunities that exist in the market place.

Kind Regards,
Greg

Firestorm,

Fantastic point mate. I think to be fair health issues need to be treated rather than swept under the carpet so I fully take on board your comments and I suppose I just wouldn't know the reality of it until I tried. But I certainly wouldn't trade my current job for scrapping around in my room looking for bits to sell on ebay to make a 50p profit.

C,

Graduated from Uni in 2008 with first class honours in Business and Marketing. Spent 6 months working at a recruitment firm in a market analyst role, learning about the markets and exploring avenues for the business to grow along with some administration work. Then another 6 months with a market research role at a recruitment company. I was also helping to improve their administrative process and recruitment policy. Now, 2 and a half years to present at an investment bank in a business administrator role that has a number of elements of marketing involved as I manage two of our staff initiatives. I would eventually like to run my own business but I am a long way from having a business plan to doing so. I am short of inspiration and seem to have a severe lack of time to be able to exploit opportunities that exist in the market place.

Kind Regards,
Greg
I'll get pelters for this I'm sure, but if you don't have a unique idea, why not consider opening a franchise in a proven model?

Back