• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unfortunately, UEFA nailed their colours to the mast when they rescinded Eduardo's ban for simulation. Nothing will come of this... Apparently, Domenech picks his starting eleven based on their star signs for the day in question. I can only imagine what Henry's horoscope said for yesterday:

"You will be placed into a situation where you could lose everything, but a hands-on approach will see you come out on top"

Enjoyed your column, which provided an insight of Henry that I hadn't picked up on. I wrote my own piece on 'the hand of frog' thread before discovering your article. I suppose that this shines a rather different light on how I assumed Henry would live with the guilt of his epitaph as a cheat.........................evidently, without too much of a problem!

anyone know how the french have reacted to this, knowing they only got through due to being cheats?

Apparently 82% of french fans polled said that there should be a replay.

Although, like Henry, query whether they are saying that safe in the knowledge that it will never actually happen.

< Nudged in the chest by Carlos Puyol in France's World Cup second round clash with Spain, Henry collapsed to the ground clutching his face as if his nose was about to fall off. He rolled, he wailed, he slumped motionless as if the pain had grown too severe and he had been taken from this earthly plain. It was genuinely moving. France scored from the resulting free-kick and Spain were eliminated.<

Agreed.But to be fair Puyol is no angel and with age is increasingly guilty of bringing players down unecessarily-cf his richly deserved booking against Inter in the week.

Last edited:
<France won't win the World Cup, not unless the woefully inept Raymond Domenech is shown the door anyway.<

Clearly.
But now the Sabadell born RD has (unjustly)qualified he won't be shown the door until France implode, probably after qualifying from the group stages,(just like England)and get knocked out by the first decent team they play.Quarter finals at most for both.
Pity for France as with Ribbery and Benzema they have some genuinely gifted players.We only have the faded superstar that is Rooney(plus Gerrard if he's fit).

Back