• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I do apologies if thats correct! I took it as 'do your job that your supposed to do, then you should get paid' that kind of thing!! I hope I havent offended anybody!

I think that was the point of his reply to MM.

I might be speaking out of turn but Brettie is my brother so I feel I have the right. I'll leave you two to squabble it out! :P

Obviously Herd should be paid all he's owed, regardless of what anyone thinks of his footballing ability.

As others have said, it was all going so well. Then we have to go and renew acquittances with HMRC and now this, they say these things come in 3's...what next? *sighs*

@h3rdy_11: Arrrrgh just effing pay me! I cannot wait till I'm completely unassociated with that club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me this is a prime example of one of the problems with professional footballers using Twitter.

The statement has caused ill feeling and unrest amongst the supporters. As said earlier all the good that Tara Brady and colleagues has done in recent months can be easily undo by statements like this.

But he does not say what the problem is (late payment, wrong bank details, cheque lost in the post) or how much (£20 travel expenses, £2000 for wages) or if it is in dispute (Bonuses, wrongly claimed expenses). He does not even say it is related to Southend United (although it probably is).

If the Club responds they would be accused of not telling the truth. If they do not respond they are assumed to be guilty.

Now Johnny is looking for a new job. As a future employer what would you think about taking on someone who makes comments like that in the public domain?

My advice to Johhny would be stop tweeting, go the Club that is causing you a problem and sort it out! In private.

My point is, if Herd worked harder, he would improve himself as a player, make himself bit stronger and improve his footballing skills, he would have list of club willing to give him a chance to have a football career - stop sitting at home and use the stupid twitters and start grabbing the bull by the horn and get yourself a pro football career! .... if not, his next stop is at Canvey Island!

You get someone post something positive on here, you get 8 or so replies.
You get someone post something negative on here, you get hundreds of replies.

People just love to moan.

To me this is a prime example of one of the problems with professional footballers using Twitter.

The statement has caused ill feeling and unrest amongst the supporters. As said earlier all the good that Tara Brady and colleagues has done in recent months can be easily undo by statements like this.

But he does not say what the problem is (late payment, wrong bank details, cheque lost in the post) or how much (£20 travel expenses, £2000 for wages) or if it is in dispute (Bonuses, wrongly claimed expenses). He does not even say it is related to Southend United (although it probably is).

If the Club responds they would be accused of not telling the truth. If they do not respond they are assumed to be guilty.

Now Johnny is looking for a new job. As a future employer what would you think about taking on someone who makes comments like that in the public domain?

My advice to Johhny would be stop tweeting, go the Club that is causing you a problem and sort it out! In private.

How do you know he hasn't tried to sort it out directly with the club on several occasions ? Looks more like a very frustrated person who needs his wages and is at the end of his tether to me.

Don't forget it's not the first time, remember Tilson had to loan him money for his rent last year when he didn't get paid ?

My point is, if Herd worked harder, he would improve himself as a player, make himself bit stronger and improve his footballing skills, he would have list of club willing to give him a chance to have a football career - stop sitting at home and use the stupid twitters and start grabbing the bull by the horn and get yourself a pro football career! .... if not, his next stop is at Canvey Island!

At what point has his twitter message staited that he should be playing league football? or anything to do with his standard? I read it as can you pay me now please???

Also Pressumebly your at work? so do you fall into the should concentrate harder on work than messing about on message boards??? Your boss now has a right not to pay you??

At what point has his twitter message staited that he should be playing league football? or anything to do with his standard? I read it as can you pay me now please???

Also Pressumebly your at work? so do you fall into the should concentrate harder on work than messing about on message boards??? Your boss now has a right not to pay you??

LOL well said !

LOL well said !

This is getting funny, it could go on forever! Lol :omg:

Nothing should be presumed... mighty mouse might not have a boss, he might own the company, or he might not be at work at all, or he might even be big although his user name implies he is small, or he may be a she, or is thewhelk also at work and should be concentrating harder on his work rather than messing about on message boards???............... or does thewhelk have a boss, or does he own the company? or is the whelk actually a she? or is thewhelk really a prawn even though his or her's user name contains the word whelk?

Like I say.... Nothing should be presumed lol :tease:

This affair is typical of action by a business that is in dire straits, skint and technically bust. You have very little cash available and therefore you only pay who you feel are priority creditors, former players and staff are usually way down the list.
Our club is almost certainly in very serious financial difficulty.
What happens on the pitch could end up being completely overshadowed by financial issues this season.

Only different, that Herd old company is well known to thousand of people and the rest of the clubs outside the 92 elite, he need to come and talk to Ron Martin & TB rather than twitting like a half brained gits, we don't seem to have problem with keeping player like Grant who is working hard and improving himself as a player, he is an championship standard player right now, after his display Vs Ipswich - he wouldn't look out of place for a top 10 Championship side. I do wish Herd good luck in his next move, its a make or break of his future career.

I wouldn't never put up a status on my facebook about my own Job even I get wages delayed or not! its do me no favor at all!

Back