• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

High Court hearing v Charterhouse 14/07/2010

I love how everyone is so relaxed about the court appearance today. A mere formality eh?....

Whether we pay up or not, I am fed up with my football club being dragged through the mud, week after week.

Settle the ****ing bills and get the embargo lifted NOW.

(And yes I did get out of bed on the wrong side)

Amen to that!

Also, is Ron back from his holiday yet ?

I can't see this not being paid, but you never know, can this be adjourned? Or is it sorted out today for definite?

I am fed up with my football club being dragged through the mud, week after week.
QUOTE]

for me, this is the one thing that annoys me most - right now the club is being used as some kind of bait in a game of cat and mouse - if the club has the promise of funds for any kind of outstanding debts that need to be paid, pay them off now and stop ****ing off the companies who are owed these outstanding payments - right now the club is a laughing stock and as a supporter for many years, i am somewhat embarrassed to be associated with a club whose regime finds it necessary to treat it as a kind of pawn and in doing so insult its' supporters the way it has !

Also, is Ron back from his holiday yet ?

I can't see this not being paid, but you never know, can this be adjourned? Or is it sorted out today for definite?

Yes, it can be adjourned if they say the right things...

To be honest, part of me wants the judge to bring the hammer down on us and send us into admin. Is that wrong?

part of me wants the judge to bring the hammer down on us and send us into admin. Is that wrong?

again, i am with you on that one smiffy . . . so much dead wood has gone already . . . administration would get rid of the single most rotten lump of dead wood still remaining

I love how everyone is so relaxed about the court appearance today. A mere formality eh?....

Whether we pay up or not, I am fed up with my football club being dragged through the mud, week after week.

Settle the ****ing bills and get the embargo lifted NOW.

(And yes I did get out of bed on the wrong side)

I'm already having a cigar to celebrate!

To be honest, part of me wants the judge to bring the hammer down on us and send us into admin. Is that wrong?

I reckon it will be adjourned, every single other one has.

Your last point no it isn't that is how bad it has got now. I just hope that Sturrock would stay if we did enter administration.
To be honest though I do not think we will enter admin, because then that is, good night Mr Ron and his lovely life style.

It's only wrong because it's not an administration petition - it's a winding up order. Administration isn't on the agenda for today. Either we walk out of Court as a Club and a business or we do not.

again, i am with you on that one smiffy . . . so much dead wood has gone already . . . administration would get rid of the single most rotten lump of dead wood still remaining

Doubtful. The Administrators would run the Club in the interests of it's creditors (Ron Martin) and Ron would have the power to block any sale to anyone other than himself.

Ron will do everything he can to stop administration as that would effectively ruin him. It would also mean that the consortium could come in a take the club from under his nose. Cant see ron allowing that to happen.

The conspiracy theory in my head relates to RM's holiday and his appearance at the press conference to unveil the new management team.

Firstly the latter, he introduces tehm then does a moonlight flit - it has been said because he really wanted the press conference to be about the management, and not questiosn related to finance.

Then a couple of days later he jets off on his holidays, just before two appearenaces in teh 'Winders' Court, one an administration hearing, the next (today) a winding-up petition. We (the supporters) are fobbed off with "we have the money to meet these debts".

Now! Do we have the money? Has RM done a runner because he knows that either last week or today the poo hits the fan, and we are a dead duck, and he is out of the country and doesn't face the fury?

anyone know what time we're 'on stage' today?

"Not before 11am" according to the Courts' website. I wouldn't have thought we'll hear anything for a good hour or so (if we're very lucky!) after that.

We've been in this place so many times that I'm immune to the worry now. It's only a winding up petition after all ;)

Interesting conspiracy theory. I have a better one.

The consortium are desperate to take this deal off RM and make the profit for themselves. To that end they are trying every possible tactic to drive SUFC into administration, including enlisting the support of HMRC (when have they ever intervened in a football club to ask if they are a viable business before?).

Going into administration at this stage would almost guarantee relegation this season, and quite possibly the complete demise of SUFC. Do the consortium care? Do they bollocks. I wouldn't in be in the least suprised to see some more strange events at the court today, with a company which will be paid of in full but still attempting to get us put into administration at the behest of third parties. To wish for us to go into admin to get rid of RM now, when he has finally got the financial backing we need to claw our way out odf thisa mess, is madness.

Interesting conspiracy theory. I have a better one.

The consortium are desperate to take this deal off RM and make the profit for themselves. To that end they are trying every possible tactic to drive SUFC into administration, including enlisting the support of HMRC (when have they ever intervened in a football club to ask if they are a viable business before?).

Going into administration at this stage would almost guarantee relegation this season, and quite possibly the complete demise of SUFC. Do the consortium care? Do they bollocks. I wouldn't in be in the least suprised to see some more strange events at the court today, with a company which will be paid of in full but still attempting to get us put into administration at the behest of third parties. To wish for us to go into admin to get rid of RM now, when he has finally got the financial backing we need to claw our way out of this mess, is madness.

Allegedly of course...

As Tom Cruise once said....

Show%20me%20the%20Money-thumb-500x270-72909.jpg

Last edited:
The last couple of times, BBC Essex has had a reporter in the court. So as soon as he comes out they say 'And now we're going live to the court house.'

I don't know why BBC Essex don't get a season ticket up there.

The conspiracy theory in my head relates to RM's holiday and his appearance at the press conference to unveil the new management team.

Firstly the latter, he introduces tehm then does a moonlight flit - it has been said because he really wanted the press conference to be about the management, and not questiosn related to finance.

Then a couple of days later he jets off on his holidays, just before two appearenaces in teh 'Winders' Court, one an administration hearing, the next (today) a winding-up petition. We (the supporters) are fobbed off with "we have the money to meet these debts".

Now! Do we have the money? Has RM done a runner because he knows that either last week or today the poo hits the fan, and we are a dead duck, and he is out of the country and doesn't face the fury?

Interesting theory... though he probably had his holiday booked for weeks/months in advance before knowing the court dates and didnt someone say it was a celebratory holiday for his sons graduation?

I guess the best thing he could have done is canceled the holiday, but if he was confident all was going to be ok and he was sending representatives, I dont see the need. Not as if he is in outer-mongolia with no contact possible. Sure he has been kept in the loop and has people doing his bidding this end.

Back