• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

High Court hearing v Charterhouse 14/07/2010

Allegedly of course...

As Tom Cruise once said....

Lee, as I keep reiterating Paul FitzGerald, who frankly has no time for Ron, has been in discussions with Sainsbury's and HE is convinced that they are financing us now. How much more evidence do you need????

Interesting conspiracy theory. I have a better one.

The consortium are desperate to take this deal off RM and make the profit for themselves. To that end they are trying every possible tactic to drive SUFC into administration, including enlisting the support of HMRC (when have they ever intervened in a football club to ask if they are a viable business before?).

Going into administration at this stage would almost guarantee relegation this season, and quite possibly the complete demise of SUFC. Do the consortium care? Do they bollocks. I wouldn't in be in the least suprised to see some more strange events at the court today, with a company which will be paid of in full but still attempting to get us put into administration at the behest of third parties. To wish for us to go into admin to get rid of RM now, when he has finally got the financial backing we need to claw our way out odf thisa mess, is madness.

This is why I say ''NO'' to drugs.

Lee, as I keep reiterating Paul FitzGerald, who frankly has no time for Ron, has been in discussions with Sainsbury's and HE is convinced that they are financing us now. How much more evidence do you need????

I understand that.

I like a lot of fans, have now become very sceptical about everything unfortunately. Not because we want to be, but because we have been forced to.

Until I see the debts cleared in court, a proper team on that pitch and a new stadium built, I will not change my stance.

And quite frankly, If Sainbury's are willing to clear the debts, why the **** do we continually have to go to court?

Whoever it is, stop ****ing about, pay the debts we owe and stay on top of them as they fall due. That's all I am asking...

Last edited:
Interesting theory... though he probably had his holiday booked for weeks/months in advance before knowing the court dates and didnt someone say it was a celebratory holiday for his sons graduation?

I went out and got hammered the other day to celebrate my graduation cos i'm skint!!! Shouldn't ron be doing the same, or has he got so many nectar points now that he can afford new cars on holidays.

Then why have Charterhouse not been paid. Why is this still being dragged through the courts if the money is available and why has the debt not been paid.

Then why have Charterhouse not been paid. Why is this still being dragged through the courts if the money is available and why has the debt not been paid.

How do you know they haven't? It wouldn't have stopped the court appearence today. That's why so many cases are heard each day. Most are dismissed as they've been paid.

Exactly! Probably because it's BS.

I would not be at all surprised if the standby light finally fades today.

According to you we were going to get wound up six months ago.

There's nothing we can do about today. Just stop getting your knickers in a twist and let's see what happens.

How do you know they haven't? It wouldn't have stopped the court appearence today. That's why so many cases are heard each day. Most are dismissed as they've been paid.

We should not be in that position in the first place though.

If the money is there, pay the debt before legal action is taken. There are plenty of other debts to be paid, let's see if we manage to stay out of court. That will be the surefire sign that money is in place.

This and the HMRC case (Aug 2nd) are the last appearances we should be making in court. Full stop. If this is not the case, then nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Interesting conspiracy theory. I have a better one.

The consortium are desperate to take this deal off RM and make the profit for themselves. To that end they are trying every possible tactic to drive SUFC into administration, including enlisting the support of HMRC (when have they ever intervened in a football club to ask if they are a viable business before?).

Going into administration at this stage would almost guarantee relegation this season, and quite possibly the complete demise of SUFC. Do the consortium care? Do they bollocks. I wouldn't in be in the least suprised to see some more strange events at the court today, with a company which will be paid of in full but still attempting to get us put into administration at the behest of third parties. To wish for us to go into admin to get rid of RM now, when he has finally got the financial backing we need to claw our way out odf thisa mess, is madness.

Whilst I don't share your conspiracy theory, I find it interesting that a letter from Ron Martin to HMRC has somehow found it's way into the public domain (bottom story at the link below). I don't think it was an open letter and I don't see why Ron Martin would have released it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/14/barcelona-debt-finance-fabregas

We should not be in that position in the first place though.

If the money is there, pay the debt before legal action is taken. There are plenty of other debts to be paid, let's see if we manage to stay out of court....

No one is disagreeing with that. I'm just saying that the fact that the case is still being heard isn't itself proof that the debt hasn't been paid.

Because Ron doesn't negotiate very well with Sainsbury's.
If he tells them he needs to pay a debt that is due, nothing seems to be forth coming.
When he tells them Southend have to appear in court and settle a debt or else. They stump up the cash.

We need someone that can get them to release the cash before it gets anywhere near to the court stage

Because Ron doesn't negotiate very well with Sainsbury's.
If he tells them he needs to pay a debt that is due, nothing seems to be forth coming.
When he tells them Southend have to appear in court and settle a debt or else. They stump up the cash.

We need someone that can get them to release the cash before it gets anywhere near to the court stage

ultimately it is doubtful that any money will be made by the sale of Roots Hall to Sainbury's - it would have all been swallowed up in loans owed back to Sainbury's . . . i don't know why Ron doesn't just hand them the keys and be done with

Nice one Napster.

obviously i will only pass comment on the snipet from the Guardian website, but i cannot believe the arrogance of Ron Martin and as a fan i am totally appalled at his comment 'If the club goes into liquidation HMRC will get nothing, because its only value is as a football club' - so basically he is saying that there is nothing of value left in the club because anything that was there has been stripped and hidden away.

Also i can't see his argument 'I know Chester City did (get wound-up), but they probably didn't have any assets' . . . . . errrrrrr hello . . . where are our assets you ****nut ?

grrrrrrrr my blood is boiling

obviously i will only pass comment on the snipet from the Guardian website, but i cannot believe the arrogance of Ron Martin and as a fan i am totally appalled at his comment 'If the club goes into liquidation HMRC will get nothing, because its only value is as a football club' - so basically he is saying that there is nothing of value left in the club because anything that was there has been stripped and hidden away.

He's right though. Without the ground the football club is assetless.

Back