• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It does seem strange to me that managers are expected to give press conferences to explain their decisions and to give their opinion on games, whereas referees can slope off without having to speak to anyone about their decisions which can often be highly controversial. Managers, players and refs are all there in the name of entertainment. I think its only fair the ref's should also get a mic shoved under their noses after a game to explain their decisions, the fans who've paid to watch deserve at least that much.

No I dont believe for a second he favoured Crewe, jsut one of those things. Shame mistakes were made in a final though.

I have now managed to watch the game again on Sky plus and two things in particular struck me. Firstly, we were not as bad as I thought at the time, it was in fact a very even game except for the first 15 mins or so. Mohsni was very unlucky not to score, Mkandawire should have scored, Britt had one disallowed (it was just offside) and Corr had one cleared off the line too. We appeared to have no luck whatsoever.
This brings me to my second point, the Ref gave us nothing, not a sausage, *ugger all!!!
Two good penalty shouts turned down, both on Britt, the first one being a 'stonewall' penalty. In the second half Clohessy was brought down right on the edge of the area, again no free kick given. Their second goal, even though Zoners are slagging off Bilel, he was definitely fouled in the build up, again no free kick.
Unbelievably, we were only given Two (yes Two!!!!) free kicks in the entire match. So on another day, things could have been so different.
So if you attended the game and you get a chance, watch it again, it was a lot closer than you might have thought, even Peter Beagrie was questioning the decisions and the commentators were generally saying we at least deserved a goal and praised our efforts.
It was still a great day though. It was good seeing so many familiar faces at the Green Man and what a sight in the stadium, 32,000 Blues fans (and guests!!) really brought a lump to my throat (ooh er!!)

And oh yes, Straker really did find a red shirt more often than a blue!!

Spot on....a very fair assessment in which I would agree with practically all of that.

I too was surprised how unlucky we actually was. Also, on the first goal you can moan about the defending but that was a fantastic goal worthy of winning any Cup Final.

It does seem strange to me that managers are expected to give press conferences to explain their decisions and to give their opinion on games, whereas referees can slope off without having to speak to anyone about their decisions which can often be highly controversial. Managers, players and refs are all there in the name of entertainment. I think its only fair the ref's should also get a mic shoved under their noses after a game to explain their decisions, the fans who've paid to watch deserve at least that much.

Well managers can't explain an opinion on the game "for fear of bringing the game into disrepute" they can only pay lip service to the press. You are also correct re: the fans, I don't think the refs realise that the fans pay their wages. If they miss something or can't see it fair enough, but as you say they should explain their poor decisions.
UTB

we lost end of story .We just seemed to fall down at the final stage .3 Times now same out come 2-0 .Still we have the been to the final 3 times .Which is three times more than another Essex club .And yes the ref got it wrong both times .Two cut pens that wasn't given .

we lost end of story .We just seemed to fall down at the final stage .3 Times now same out come 2-0 .Still we have the been to the final 3 times .Which is three times more than another Essex club .And yes the ref got it wrong both times .Two cut pens that wasn't given .

That's twice more than a certain Essex club who lost on pens to Carlisle at the old Wembley.

Ref was bad all round, Cresswell was lucky not to get sent off when he clearly brought down the Crewe player when the last man near the end, its just that Crewe got the benefit of most of the poor decisions. I can't believe we only got 2 free kicks, and one of them was given away by Mohsni.

The ref was toss. If we were that bad in our respective jobs we would be sacked.

I have now managed to watch the game again on Sky plus and two things in particular struck me. Firstly, we were not as bad as I thought at the time, it was in fact a very even game except for the first 15 mins or so. Mohsni was very unlucky not to score, Mkandawire should have scored, Britt had one disallowed (it was just offside) and Corr had one cleared off the line too. We appeared to have no luck whatsoever.
This brings me to my second point, the Ref gave us nothing, not a sausage, *ugger all!!!
Two good penalty shouts turned down, both on Britt, the first one being a 'stonewall' penalty. In the second half Clohessy was brought down right on the edge of the area, again no free kick given. Their second goal, even though Zoners are slagging off Bilel, he was definitely fouled in the build up, again no free kick.
Unbelievably, we were only given Two (yes Two!!!!) free kicks in the entire match. So on another day, things could have been so different.
So if you attended the game and you get a chance, watch it again, it was a lot closer than you might have thought, even Peter Beagrie was questioning the decisions and the commentators were generally saying we at least deserved a goal and praised our efforts.
It was still a great day though. It was good seeing so many familiar faces at the Green Man and what a sight in the stadium, 32,000 Blues fans (and guests!!) really brought a lump to my throat (ooh er!!)

And oh yes, Straker really did find a red shirt more often than a blue!!
Spot on..... Seen the full match myself on Sky Plus and the BBC Highlights. We were better than it looked live, Straker apart. Two totally contrasting ways of playing the beautiful game. We put them under a lot of pressure in 2nd half and they nearly cracked. What was the corner count ? Ours seemed huge. Awful referreeing gave us f**k all except missing the Cressie foul on Clayton. Should have been given to a current top performing Championship Ref and not as a reward of effort to a has been retiree.

Ref was bad all round, Cresswell was lucky not to get sent off when he clearly brought down the Crewe player when the last man near the end, its just that Crewe got the benefit of most of the poor decisions. I can't believe we only got 2 free kicks, and one of them was given away by Mohsni.

I obviously am totally biased but I thought he got a touch on the ball, Steve Claridge also thought he touched it on the BBC highlights show and he is never wrong!!!?? :dim:
How about when Cresswell touched their fella on the shoulder near the end and he threw himself to the floor, the ref couldnt give the kick quick enough. Just watch the game again!

I obviously am totally biased but I thought he got a touch on the ball, Steve Claridge also thought he touched it on the BBC highlights show and he is never wrong!!!?? :dim:
How about when Cresswell touched their fella on the shoulder near the end and he threw himself to the floor, the ref couldnt give the kick quick enough. Just watch the game again!

I did last night, and I thought the ref was poor on the day, and even more so after watching it back. I remember that Cresswell foul and one other (Tam in the middle of the park) that we got the benefit of the awful ref. Crewe got it on 2 penalty decisions, the foul leading up to the 2nd goal, and the 2nd Cresswell one on the edge of the box, and there were probably a couple of others as well.

Come on guys , we were beaten by the better team.
We weren't awful , but Crewe were better than us.
No terrible ref , no conspiracy theory , we just lost the game to a team in a higher League.
Stop all this sour grapes rubbish.

Oh Danny Boy - WATCH THE TV & SEE FOR YOURSELF. FROM THE STANDS WE COULD NOT SEE HOW BADLY WE WERE TREATED - BUT WE WERE !! However, I do agree that Crewe played the better football - but "WE WUZ ROBBED",

I agree with you and your brother, I too watched the game back and the highlights and agree the Ref was totally biased - I think he must have been northern :sad:

Back