• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching the game at the moment, first pen should have been given but the ref was the wrong side which is the only reason he can't of given it.

Britt challenges. Neither were pens.

The first one was a tussle for the ball. Look at Britts arm around the Crewe players leg. Half a dozen of one, half a dozen of the other.

The second one is almost laughable. Britt is behind him. Its good, strong defending.

Forget what the "experts" say on SKY Sports. They're wrong.

However, foul on Mohsni - yes. Foul on Clohessy - yes

I must admit that after watching it the next day, I was of the same opinion and felt really guilty about not staying around and clapping the guys getting their medals because although the better team won, we certainly gave it our all. Having said that my excuse for a speedy exit was being parked on the forth floor of a multi story car park that must have been a nightmare to get out of all at once. If we had won and all been exiting together I would probably still be there.

The first one was a tussle for the ball. Look at Britts arm around the Crewe players leg. Half a dozen of one, half a dozen of the other.

The second one is almost laughable. Britt is behind him. Its good, strong defending.

Kerry, I know you are a ref, and I agree that the 2nd one was not a pen, but the first one, come on? He had a tug at him outside the box, which is the only reason that he managed to get anywhere near level with Britt, then he grabbed his arm. Then there was a tangle of legs as he tried to get his body in front (only able due to the shirt pull), and he hauled him down by the shoulder. Anywhere else on the pitch that would of been a free kick. Certainly more contact than the Cresswell one just outside the box.

Kerry, I know you are a ref, and I agree that the 2nd one was not a pen, but the first one, come on? He had a tug at him outside the box, which is the only reason that he managed to get anywhere near level with Britt, then he grabbed his arm. Then there was a tangle of legs as he tried to get his body in front (only able due to the shirt pull), and he hauled him down by the shoulder. Anywhere else on the pitch that would of been a free kick. Certainly more contact than the Cresswell one just outside the box.
This.

britt was always in front of their man on the first one. Their man never touched the ball, or got near it. Why would an attacker slow down just to tussle with a defender instead of bearing down on the near post to cut back to a team mate with an excellent chance of scoring?

It simply couldn't have been a 'coming together' (God, I hate that phrase), because there was no inevitability about the contact other than the defender's determination to impede Britt, which he did, and got away with.

However, from the ref's angle, it would have been difficult to see. The ref wasn't on the 'wrong' side - his positioning for where play was at that time was spot on, he just simply couldn't see it to be sure enough to give it. Mind you, you see plenty of them given - if it had been Welbeck at Old Trafford, you'd be very surprised to see it not given.

Yep agreed, I know refs stick together but that 1st one was a stonewall one for me, absolutely nailed on. Britt had him beaten all the way and the guy only managed to get anywhere near by fouling him twice, once outside the box, once inside. The second one I'll give you, but it was almost a carbon copy of the first except Britt hadn't got round him.

I watched the highlights and we were robbed of two penalties and their second shouldn't have stood.

Just because you ref us old boys on a Sunday doesnt mean youre the final word on refereeing decisions, I think you are talking out of your rear end, specially about the first penalty claim. Ive experienced your reffing and know you sometimes dont make the correct decisions! :winking:

Back