• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I have been around a fair few years and never have I seen this country in such a sad state..I doubt any of you have even a 2% sway to which party you will vote for. OK..

The differences within is minute , so let us start with current government....

An unelected prime minister from Scotland that is 90% independent costs the rest of the UK some 20 odd billion a year to prop them up and ask for home rule although somehow they are still allowed to vote in the UK elections ..**** em let them drown in their own self importance.

This government has overseen the biggest downfall in the UK in all my life..This is not a comment just thrown out to the air, this is a fact. There are far to many stories to cover their failures...from the 97% of new jobs given to immigrants, from the big brother state of affairs we have now from no choices, you are told how you will live your life.The price of petrol went up every day whilst oil went down....Pubs are closing apparently 6 a week..because of government greed....Huge companies are going out on strike because their staff can no longer accept small wages and huge hours for sod all increase in working conditions or wages while the bosses slap themselves on the back.....

I am sorry but I cannot still get my head around the fact that the banks have been bailed out by the taxpayer and they still own a few and on taxpayers behalf have been paid bonuses while in Government we mere mortals are being told to tighten our belts....

This election so far has seen 90 candidates leave with their 65k pair off..( ta for that)..some 900 (so far)..are not going to reply for re-election as the benefits are not up to much these days.

To sum up the rest of the parties see above ...there is no difference between them only spin.

You all live in dream land if you think this country is on the way up..we have been heading in this direction for years....since each past government sold our souls.

We are hanging on to the city for any bright spark to occur....isn't it them that put the spark out in the first place.

It all makes me long for the 1930s. Those were the days when you could get the tram into town, get diptheria, rickets and polio and still have change out of half a crown.

Cricko you are right... however you can always change it . Independents crawling out the wood work , possibility of hung parliament . People deciding not to take up 3D television because they realised its stupid ;).

Not sure if you saw Doctor Who last Saturday , but what better way to give people a differnet view then through a "children's" story .

The other good thing about 1930's is you could still cause a power vacuum by random assassination as well :D

Haven't we all had Ricketts? :unsure:

No!

What really gives me the ump is that when they broadcast all they harper on about is what the other parties want to do. All I want to hear is what they are going to do and lets be honest here is there really an honest politician amoungst us? even the flipping expenses row they have got legal aid. How an earth did they swing that one

No!

What really gives me the ump is that when they broadcast all they harper on about is what the other parties want to do. All I want to hear is what they are going to do and lets be honest here is there really an honest politician amoungst us? even the flipping expenses row they have got legal aid. How an earth did they swing that one

Only those you never hear of and arnt faces to appear on the media .

Only those you never hear of and arnt faces to appear on the media .

It is all media..and how they look,none of them have any idea as to how the majority of the electorate feel....most feel we have been sold down the river,the youth or 20/30 ish guys know no different..this is a first for them....they are about to get a huge reality check.

It is all media..and how they look,none of them have any idea as to how the majority of the electorate feel....most feel we have been sold down the river,the youth or 20/30 ish guys know no different..this is a first for them....they are about to get a huge reality check.

Its the story of human civilisation. Just those 20/30's and us will hear about it 10-60 minutes after it happened not just 2 to 3 weeks or some times never

No!

Of course there are honest and decent politicians around, the problem is these days they are as rare as hens teeth.

No but i saw Paxmans interview with Nick Clegg. Wasn't too bad, though Clegg escaped a little at the end due to a Paxman sore throat . Its call me Dave next , then Brown Hmm

Back