• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long before we are back in the Football League?

How many seasons will it take to be promoted?

• Total voters
People in one of the worst stadium in the EFL shouldn't be lecturing other about how to run a club. Your the small club model on how not to do a move.

I'll take NL at RH over L2 in the soulless care in the community stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Steady on, Colchesters ground is much better than our run down Roots Hall.

We have the best defensive record in the final 18 games, haven’t lost too many games too, plus we have strengthens our defensive side of the team further, we just need to find two strikers and two wingers plus a keepers too.

And we got relegated. I don't think your arguement holds much credit to be honest.

Bonne was a simple case of moving him into the middle. His all-round game was already there, but the sheep had been limiting his goal scoring opportunities by playing him out wide.

Koroma needed seasoning. That first year down there - getting kicked ****less - did him the world of good. Not sure how open to playing your youngsters Brown is going to be; if, as I suspect, you’re in a spot of bother at some point next season, he’ll invariably go for experience over youth.

I always find a Koroma needs seasoning, a bit bland for me. A Tikka Bhuna or Pathia on the other hand is perfectly flavoursome

Roots hall does have the advantage of being closer to the pitch and is in decent location.

You are right interms of facilities, colchester stadium is lot better than Roots hall. Unfortunately colchester fans, in my opinion their new stadium was built in the wrong place..... which I'm sure colchester fans would agree with me their.

I've had enough of Col Ewe supporters and Col Ewe apologists clogging up an SUFC board with their pointless prattle. Colchester could have a venue that looks like the incredible Vegas Golden Knights arena and it would still be **** because it would have their name on it.

And we got relegated. I don't think your arguement holds much credit to be honest.

Almost as if we got relegated over a 46 game period rather than the last 18 games.

Since the end of January, we had the 3rd best defence in the league. Even across the entire season there were 7 clubs with worse defence records than us.

We all know our problem, creating good chances and having someone who was clinical to put them away consistently.

We had the 3rd best defensive records in League 2 in the last 18 games, just the goals is an issue, that is why we gone down. We have strengthen our defensive side further this month, just need a goalkeeper and 4 attacking players to improve us.

I am surprised (but pleased) at the lack of vitriol towards Ron on this thread.

Clearly the financial picture will have a big effect on what quality of players we are able to assemble. As said above, the parachute payments (I didn't know there was such a thing for Division 4 to Conference) are also going to help whilst they last.

I do remember a good midfielder (Easton?) deciding to sign for non-league Crawley rather than us a few years ago. At the time it seemed strange but now it is perhaps a sign that players will come to non-league Southend to play if they feel that there are opportunities for success.

Clearly the financial picture will have a big effect on what quality of players we are able to assemble. As said above, the parachute payments (I didn't know there was such a thing for Division 4 to Conference) are also going to help whilst they last.

I do remember a good midfielder (Easton?) deciding to sign for non-league Crawley rather than us a few years ago. At the time it seemed strange but now it is perhaps a sign that players will come to non-league Southend to play if they feel that there are opportunities for success.

Think the player you are thinking of is Josh Simpson

Carl Beeston?

Don't think it was Crawley but he turned down staying (was here non-contract) to go play non-league.

Back