• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long before we are back in the Football League?

How many seasons will it take to be promoted?

• Total voters
£5m Sainsburys money and we blew it

just to remind you I was 100% right about the Sainsburys money ... RM actually had a little boast about it when it dropped ...

We did have 100 year football league history until we employed MM and most of Shrimperzone supported him until february ... and his squad of helpers ..

also from what I was told I was expecting a former manager to be in court for some #metoo thingy -

and there was the Hutchinson for England gang... far too good little old SUFC .. turned his back as soon as ..

I am not bitter altho some bloke in the office who goes to Boreham Wood is giving me friendly little "you are one of us" smiles ...

BITTER ?

Not at all ... just rancid with disgust

just to remind you I was 100% right about the Sainsburys money ... RM actually had a little boast about it when it dropped ...

We did have 100 year football league history until we employed MM and most of Shrimperzone supported him until february ... and his squad of helpers ..

also from what I was told I was expecting a former manager to be in court for some #metoo thingy -

and there was the Hutchinson for England gang... far too good little old SUFC .. turned his back as soon as ..

I am not bitter altho some bloke in the office who goes to Boreham Wood is giving me friendly little "you are one of us" smiles ...

BITTER ?

Not at all ... just rancid with disgust
Lol

1 game down. Anyone want to change their prediction? :ROFL::Smile:

Roughly a quarter of people are expecting (hoping?) we will go straight back up.

You have to think realistically 4 or 5 years. If the fabled new stadium ever becomes a reality and produces the sort of finances that have been hinted at by Ron over the years, I suppose its possible we could buy our way to promotion, like a micro-Man City or Chelski. But otherwise its going to be a while I think. There's always an outside chance via a play-off spot, and there is often a side no one predicted who gets up like Harrogate & Sutton. Sometimes you get lucky and group of players just click, like they did for Tilly. So its as equally pointless saying we definitely won't go up for at least 6 or 7 years as it is saying we'll be champions this season. We'll have a better idea of things at least for this season in half a dozen games or so.

You have to think realistically 4 or 5 years. If the fabled new stadium ever becomes a reality and produces the sort of finances that have been hinted at by Ron over the years, I suppose its possible we could buy our way to promotion, like a micro-Man City or Chelski. But otherwise its going to be a while I think. There's always an outside chance via a play-off spot, and there is often a side no one predicted who gets up like Harrogate & Sutton. Sometimes you get lucky and group of players just click, like they did for Tilly. So its as equally pointless saying we definitely won't go up for at least 6 or 7 years as it is saying we'll be champions this season. We'll have a better idea of things at least for this season in a dozen games or so.
Amended for accuracy? :Hilarious: :Winking:

I don't know about Wrexham but take a look at Daggers ( v County). that should frighten quite a few and help lower expectations a bit.:Cry:
Just watched the highlights, Daggers played well but Stockport looked awful. Maybe it was just first day nerves but whilst they've got expensive firepower it looks like they'll concede a lot of goals with that back line. I'm more optimistic about Saturday after watching that.

From watching the limited highlights it appears the way to success in this league is being strong and lucky at top and bottom of the pitch; take your chances and also get a gk who knows his stuff.
This is a very direct and fast from back to front league.
Keep Arnold confident and calm, keep Murph and Dalby fit and sharp and we have a chance.

The thing about highlights is that they can be biased. Case in point the KL highlights.

The thing about highlights is that they can be biased. Case in point the KL highlights.

I agree, from the highlights we didn't look the better team. Though from people who went the highlights really didn't give the right picture....

I'm still pretty confident about this season.

Assuming Brown knows his job and we keep people fit, we should be in with a shout. 1 up and playoffs make it a lottery. With the finance backing some teams have it will be interesting to see if money talks.

If our club was run as badly as yours then I'd like to think the protests would still be going on yes.
Colchester could never have anything like a protest .Whatever happened, you’d need to find so many more than the few dimwits who own up to being sheep-fans.

Colchester could never have anything like a protest .Whatever happened, you’d need to find so many more than the few dimwits who own up to being sheep-fans.

You had two months to think of a witty or scathing comeback to my post and this is the best you could do??

Back