• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

This was just e-mailed to me.......sound plausible i guess if you read it

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 106.9 p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain

day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil

companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't

continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of >an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take
an aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place
not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we
consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the
price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not
purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting
ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's
really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send i t to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at
least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached
over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and
pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and
not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us
sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the
next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes
sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your
petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.
boycott BP and Esso

Or, alternatively, go here

http://www.petrolprices.com/

SS1 2XR for example,

Your search for SS1 2XR found 31 petrol stations within 10 miles.
Including your 2 closest stations: Park Standard Filling Station (Total), and Southchurch Express (Esso).
Unleaded Diesel LRP Super LPG see the cheapest stations
The Highest price in this area: 109.9p 114.9p n/a 113.9p 56.9p
The Average price in this area: 103.4p 108.1p n/a 108.9p 53.4p
The Lowest price in this area: 100.9p 105.9p n/a 104.9p 49.9p

Or, alternatively, go here

http://www.petrolprices.com/

SS1 2XR for example,

Your search for SS1 2XR found 31 petrol stations within 10 miles.
Including your 2 closest stations: Park Standard Filling Station (Total), and Southchurch Express (Esso).
Unleaded Diesel LRP Super LPG see the cheapest stations
The Highest price in this area: 109.9p 114.9p n/a 113.9p 56.9p
The Average price in this area: 103.4p 108.1p n/a 108.9p 53.4p
The Lowest price in this area: 100.9p 105.9p n/a 104.9p 49.9p

That petrol price website is a godsend. People living in the Basildon / Southend area are lucky (well, sort of) as petrol prices there are about 4-5p a litre less than places nearer London (my local garage sells it as 105.9ppl)

Not sure why that is such a great scheme when a large part of it is actually taxes applied by the Government. You need to hurt the Government, not the oil companies.

That petrol price website is a godsend. People living in the Basildon / Southend area are lucky (well, sort of) as petrol prices there are about 4-5p a litre less than places nearer London (my local garage sells it as 105.9ppl)

My local is £109.8......Must be because Aberdeen is so far from the North Sea O&G platforms!!!!!

98.4 for unleaded up here in sheffield... everyone should drive up here to fill up!

Not sure why that is such a great scheme when a large part of it is actually taxes applied by the Government. You need to hurt the Government, not the oil companies.

Although if you hurt the oil companies they will cry to the government to lower duty. The government (especially a Labour one) will listen far more to big business (particularly a former nationalised industry e.g. BP) than they do it's electorate (we're back to the safe-standing at football argument again!)

Agree Glen, a very good point. Most of the petrol price we pay is swallowed up in Government taxes and the petrol companies don't make nearly as much per lItre!!

Agree Glen, a very good point. Most of the petrol price we pay is swallowed up in Government taxes and the petrol companies don't make nearly as much per lItre!!

I might be wrong but when we broke the £1 a litre mark I think I heard 83p of that goes in some way to the Government (e.g. duty, VAT, element of company profits as Corporation Tax etc)

Quite true, although looking at the silly profits they make I presume that they're quite happy about the amount of profit they get on a litre of petrol....

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
Dreaming. Absolutely dreaming.

Boycotts like this seldom work, because you can't get people to act collectively for long enough. If BP reduced their price to 97p a litre, people would flock back to them.

Still, just to all p*ss you off... I pay 70p a litre now anyways.

:finger:

you mean your chauffeur does!:D

tumbleweeds01.jpg

It's a laugh-a-minute chez Josh...

Quite true, although looking at the silly profits they make I presume that they're quite happy about the amount of profit they get on a litre of petrol....
I think you'll find that they are squeezing the market as much as possible in the current climate.

Although some of the top Oil Companies are making billions a year, many are investing practically every cent they can to get access to various oil fields/or and buy rivals, which has led to many of them suffering badly in the credit crunch and also due to weak dollar...

Oil companies make a couple of pence - if that- a litre. The retailer gets about 5p a litre. Our friend tax does indeed cost about 80p a litre.
Oil companies make big profits a) because of the turnover and b) they usually have chemical divisions - not just fuels - and there's big money there.

My local is £109.8......Must be because Aberdeen is so far from the North Sea O&G platforms!!!!!

More pertinently, how far are you from the refineries?

If you want the price of petrol to go down, stop driving. If demand falls, there's too much supply and the price will go down.

Back