• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OlvisIII

Coach
Just a few thoughts about the game after watching Forest on Monday. They play a 3-5-2 formation at the moment with three big centre backs. I personaly think Wayne Gray and Mark Bentley are key to us competing and winning this game. With the wing back system there is often space on the flanks in the attacking area. High balls in the middle will be gobbled up by their defenders so use of these channels is imperative and I believe Wayne Gray to be the best option for this. He often finds space in these areas. I would like to see JCR using this space on the left flank.

Key to JCR finding space is Mark Bentley playing. If he starts right midfield, he will always tuck in naturally giving us a three v three scenario in the middle of the park. Hopefully this will effectively make JCR a free man on the opposite flank, a position which he would revel in.

We will have to cope with Tyson better than TRundle as well!!

ANy thoughts about key issues to winning the game Sat?

I agree entirely. It's made for Wayne Gray to use his pace and for balls to be pinged into wide areas for him to run onto. Wer're away and it will be a war of attrition and hurting them on the break ....hopefully.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 17 2005,10:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 17 2005,10:39)]The key issue is that we score more goals than them.
You been watching Mike Bassett again?
Bugger it you caught me out, just as i was getting my sponsorship sorted from Wirral Rubbish.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Nov. 17 2005,10:24)]Just a few thoughts about the game after watching Forest on Monday.  They play a 3-5-2 formation at the moment with three big centre backs.  I personaly think Wayne Gray and Mark Bentley are key to us competing and winning this game.  With the wing back system there is often space on the flanks in the attacking area.  High balls in the middle will be gobbled up by their defenders so use of these channels is imperative and I believe Wayne Gray to be the best option for this.  He often finds space in these areas.  I would like to see JCR using this space on the left flank.

Key to JCR finding space is Mark Bentley playing.  If he starts right midfield, he will always tuck in naturally giving us a three v three scenario in the middle of the park.  Hopefully this will effectively make  JCR a free man on the opposite flank, a position which he would revel in.

We will have to cope with Tyson better than TRundle as well!!

ANy thoughts about key issues to winning the game Sat?
Excellent points, well made.

Gray will be a big player on saturday, alot of the result could be on how they cope with his pace. In the home fixture they struggled with Goater and Gray (Maybe something Tilson may wish to think about) whilst Eastwood came on towards the end up against tired legs and did the buisness.

Forest, and every other Club for that matter, know about Eastwood and his affect on the team, so therefore Clubs come up with plans to stop him. Obviously some are more effective (Swansea) than others (Bristol City). So in some cases, not all, maybe it would be best to use the Goater/Gray partnership. The main attention of the defence will be on Goater allowing Gray to, hopefully, have a field day.

Agree totally.

Reckon it should be the same team that played them at the Hall. We should of won that game 3 or 4 nil and if we play the same reckon we will do this time. Stick Beano on the right with JCR on the left. Maher and Gutts in the centre with the G-Force upfront.

Go 352 and Commons will have a field day......

Clump both wingers very early (Copyright Chris Tate)
Get tight on Tyson and let him know how different this division is

try and supply the forwards a bit more than saturday

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 17 2005,14:17)]Go 352 and Commons will have a field day......

Clump both wingers very early (Copyright Chris Tate)
Get tight on Tyson and let him know how different this division is

try and supply the forwards a bit more than saturday
Wan't suggesting we played 3-5-2. That is the current Forest formation. We will start with a 4-4-2 but Bentley will tuck in and give JCR more freedom to press forward creating a three man attack when going forward.

I was under the impression Commons misses the game, sometime last week it was announced he was out for 2 months... I agree with Wayne and Bentley, perhaps Bentley on the right win with Ryce on the left...

I think scoring more goals will do the trick

tounge.gif

Why put JCR on the left? He's right footed. Surely Cole or Gower (who has played on the left for many a game) would be a better bet....

Let's hope we've learned our lesson from the Swansea game and we mark Tyson out of the game

Beno def, he is a strong player, even tho gutts the best player this season by far, should start on the bench, i think maher and beno in the centre have a more physical presence

Drop Gutts?

Are you mad? You said yourself he's been one of our best players this season! Maybe Bents should play a part, but not at Gutts expense.

Back