• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would you like our trust to proceed?

Should the Shrimpers Trust pull out from SUFC Support?

• Total voters
We need to get the media interested and involved in the club's plight. A thorough airing of Martin's catalogue of financial problems in the press, radio and television might just be what is needed to get him out one way or another. It certainly is not an option to sit back and hope for the best and imagine that FF will solve everything. This endless cycle of embargos, winding up orders and non payment of creditors, staff and players cannot be allowed to go on.
Quite right. He gets away with it because know one shines a light on his lies and deceit; all he does is tell people it's confidential and not to repeat it and they toddle off and think they are part of the inner sanctum. Enough is a enough.

Perks haha. Would love to know what these “perks” are.
The perks are your positions in the "inner sanctum". Feeling privileged to be fed "confidential" info by RM that he tells you (or Paul) not to share with the wider fanbase. Visibly leading on certain things and having your names attached to them. And the subconcious self-importance and feeling of power/superiority that undoubtedly comes with all of that. I think there are some people on the committee who would struggle to stop doing that stuff temporarily to send a message, even if it were for the medium and long-term benefit of the club and fanbase, because of how doing those things makes them feel. That's why they don't want to rock the boat.

I don't want that to come across as divisive because that's not my intention and I personally like the few people that I know on the Trust Committee. Just how I'm starting to see it, and not sure how else I can word it.

The perks are your positions in the "inner sanctum". Feeling privileged to be fed "confidential" info by RM that he tells you (or Paul) not to share with the wider fanbase. Visibly leading on certain things and having your names attached to them. And the subconcious self-importance and feeling of power/superiority that undoubtedly comes with all of that. I think there are some people on the committee who would struggle to stop doing that stuff temporarily to send a message, even if it were for the medium and long-term benefit of the club and fanbase, because of how doing those things makes them feel. That's why they don't want to rock the boat.

I don't want that to come across as divisive because that's not my intention and I personally like the few people that I know on the Trust Committee. Just how I'm starting to see it, and not sure how else I can word it.
You are of course entitled to your opinion but nothing is further from the truth. Even this poll whilst not an adequate sample size shows over 50 percent do not support stopping funding to the football club.

The board of the trust is acting on behalf of its members and certainly not in their own interest (in fact sometimes to the detriment of their own personal lives). If there was a clear majority against the current stance the position would change.

I agree with Scott in the sense that there should be actions take to unify the fan base in the next steps but the “perks” comment is an absolute joke (not made by you) in my opinion and is set out to divide rather than solve any issues.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but nothing is further from the truth. Even this poll whilst not an adequate sample size shows over 50 percent do not support stopping funding to the football club.

The board of the trust is acting on behalf of its members and certainly not in their own interest (in fact sometimes to the detriment of their own personal lives). If there was a clear majority against the current stance the position would change.

I agree with Scott in the sense that there should be actions take to unify the fan base in the next steps but the “perks” comment is an absolute joke (not made by you) in my opinion and is set out to divide rather than solve any issues.
But that can also be spun that well over 40% are not happy with the direction and if that was mirrored in a trust members ballot then that does show an unacceptable level of discontent.
I think in normal times you would only be seeing 20% or lower.

I hope you guys take the poll in the sprit it was intended and also take on the points people have made

But that can also be spun that well over 40% are not happy with the direction and if that was mirrored in a trust members ballot then that does show an unacceptable level of discontent.
I think in normal times you would only be seeing 20% or lower.

I hope you guys take the poll in the sprit it was intended and also take on the points people have made
I am for sure interested in the constructive stuff here. I think this demonstrates how difficult a scenario it is though. It shows that opinions our split, certainly nothing to show there is a nailed on way to do things or the will of the support either way etc.

I am for sure interested in the constructive stuff here. I think this demonstrates how difficult a scenario it is though. It shows that opinions our split, certainly nothing to show there is a nailed on way to do things or the will of the support either way etc.
We need to get everybody round the table, can you take this forward?

Are you trust member? If so, how comes you let this situation slide for so long? Southend in the past 13 odd years have had history of off field issues ranging from late/non paid staff/players and unpaid taxes. As an outsider as such you guys haven't really condemned this owner and taken some sort of action ie demanding change of ownership. When is enough is enough for you guys to demand change of ownership?

I’ve voted yes, whereas two days before I wouldn’t vote and sat on the fence.
But today was disgraceful (again), had enough.
Ron if you are serious about selling give the potential new owners a Realistic price and stop ducking around.

Are you trust member? If so, how comes you let this situation slide for so long? Southend in the past 13 odd years have had history of off field issues ranging from late/non paid staff/players and unpaid taxes. As an outsider as such you guys haven't really condemned this owner and taken some sort of action ie demanding change of ownership. When is enough is enough for you guys to demand change of ownership?
Im a trust board member. I don’t agree with everything in your post, the ownership has certainly been condemned, please see trust statements on the website. These are statements though and I know a lot of people protests etc which we haven’t led.

There is a lot of “sensitive” Information that can not always be shared to the wider fan base which informs the stance. We have held
the position that communication between the club and the trust is better than cutting this off completely and this dialogue continues. This does not mean we are supportive of the current ownership, far from it. Have we always made the right decision? No, I don’t think so.

Most importantly though, We are all die hard Southend fans (like you) and are making the decision based on what we think best for the future of the football club, there is no hidden agenda. When these things happen we are exhausted and angry too. The board has changed many, many times over the years and we are always looking to evolve and would be keen for more passionate fans to get involved and be part of the decision making.

Im a trust board member. I don’t agree with everything in your post, the ownership has certainly been condemned, please see trust statements on the website. These are statements though and I know a lot of people protests etc which we haven’t led.

There is a lot of “sensitive” Information that can not always be shared to the wider fan base which informs the stance. We have held
the position that communication between the club and the trust is better than cutting this off completely and this dialogue continues. This does not mean we are supportive of the current ownership, far from it. Have we always made the right decision? No, I don’t think so.

Most importantly though, We are all die hard Southend fans (like you) and are making the decision based on what we think best for the future of the football club, there is no hidden agenda. When these things happen we are exhausted and angry too. The board has changed many, many times over the years and we are always looking to evolve and would be keen for more passionate fans to get involved and be part of the decision making.
There is plenty you can’t reveal but the problem is you never update often in any way mate, even with nothing to say you need to be reassuring members/fans that stuff is ongoing, takes minutes to whip something up, I remember when I was on there it was like there would have to be an agreement and meeting before a statement went out, got no time for messing around sometimes mate

JP all jokes aside mate why has the trust not done a statement yet?! Even more important with the revelation of our shirt sponsor pulling out!!!
They are busy flying the balloons ffs .. and as @OldBlueLady told us before they all have jobs to do

I’m going to be very honest I’m still yet to work out what the shrimper trust actually do ?

We need to get everybody round the table, can you take this forward?
If we do the club the favour of to not protest tomorrow, there has to be some dialogue with the club to say that, OK we've been told these issues are short-term. If they go on past January, all bets are off. Something has to happen, we can't go on sitting in the dark being fobbed off. If Stan asks us to trust him now, I accept that and I do trust Stan, but we need to be clear there is a time limit on this goodwill from supporters.

They are busy flying the balloons ffs .. and as @OldBlueLady told us before they all have jobs to do

I’m going to be very honest I’m still yet to work out what the shrimper trust actually do ?
I believe they are always looking for volunteers.

Maybe they're trying to establish all the facts? Maybe they're in dialogue with the club? Clearly this is an unacceptable situation, but I would hope the Trust would be in possession of all the details before rushing out a statement.

Well said. It is exhausting that people don't understand this.

If you volunteer do you have to tow the line and not upset anyone by having your own opinion on Rons ownership or getting him out of the club?
Hey I'm not a Trust board member but I recognise the situation they are in. I know for a fact that most of the Trust members would be among the first to the party if this club was freed from the clutches of Ron Martin.

Back