• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would you like our trust to proceed?

Should the Shrimpers Trust pull out from SUFC Support?

• Total voters
If we do the club the favour of to not protest tomorrow, there has to be some dialogue with the club to say that, OK we've been told these issues are short-term. If they go on past January, all bets are off. Something has to happen, we can't go on sitting in the dark being fobbed off. If Stan asks us to trust him now, I accept that and I do trust Stan, but we need to be clear there is a time limit on this goodwill from supporters.
I’m not suggesting protest at all mate, just that we need to sit down and work out what we want to achieve and how we achieve it

JP all jokes aside mate why has the trust not done a statement yet?! Even more important with the revelation of our shirt sponsor pulling out!!!
The facebook post from the sponsor was posted at gone 10pm on a Friday night. I am a sad ******* and am doom scrolling through SZ but I am sure plenty of other people including Trust members have lives and might well not even know yet.

I believe they are always looking for volunteers.

Maybe they're trying to establish all the facts? Maybe they're in dialogue with the club? Clearly this is an unacceptable situation, but I would hope the Trust would be in possession of all the details before rushing out a statement.
It’s about image mate they may have nothing to say and be talking to the club but let your members know that! A sense of urgency goes such a long way.

It’s about image mate they may have nothing to say and be talking to the club but let your members know that! A sense of urgency goes such a long way.
Oh of course and I work in PR so I know the importance of a good old-fashioned holding statement but I'm willing to cut volunteers some slack at 10pm on a Friday night.

The facebook post from the sponsor was posted at gone 10pm on a Friday night. I am a sad ******* and am doom scrolling through SZ but I am sure plenty of other people including Trust members have lives and might well not even know yet.
Of course we can but hope that someone posted after too many beers and it’ll be gone in the morning .. I mean it’s called us Southend Football Club ffs .. sigh ..

There is a whole committee and some of them are online at the moment, sounds trivial what I’m saying but it goes such a long way to showing they are on the pulse.

@jphfitz I want to joint the committee please again, feel like I can add real value

Bluewonder2 … come on Dutchess this is your finest hour you made it very clear we didn’t miss out on signings ? I’ve been looking forward to this moment #emporersnewclothes

Shock.

Check when I posted that, it was before Mussa, and before Kelly. At that time, we hadn’t missed out on targets. We have since.

Oh of course and I work in PR so I know the importance of a good old-fashioned holding statement but I'm willing to cut volunteers some slack at 10pm on a Friday night.
Yeah you make my point better than me ‘holding statement’ I’m in politics so I know exactly where you are coming from.

I know it’s late my point was as to earlier on today it was just the late news of the sponsorship that has raised the urgency

Reactions: Jai
'Financial dishonesty' now that is a damning statement for a sponsor to make.

To be honest, I'm not sure I would want to be associated with someone like that, let alone communicate with them. You have to remember deceit is his default position, from the minute he wakes till the minute he goes back to sleep.
Agreed 100% - “financial dishonesty” is a very, very dangerous phrase to stick out there without consulting your lawyers first.

I would imagine it was hastily removed when either Ron’s legal team or PG’s legal team got in touch…

Interestingly, the CP’s Tweet is still there and pinned to his timeline….

Agreed 100% - “financial dishonesty” is a very, very dangerous phrase to stick out there without consulting your lawyers first.

I would imagine it was hastily removed when either Ron’s legal team or PG’s legal team got in touch…

I’m surprised CP put it out there to start with given the timing of the FB post and what was written. Maybe he’s laying in, having been up half the night.

I’m surprised CP put it out there to start with given the timing of the FB post and what was written. Maybe he’s laying in, having been up half the night.
I think PG Site Services have now deleted that post from FB, but you can still still buy the JCB(next post).

Same person:

Tom Lawrence: CEO - Southend United Football Club
Tom Lawrence: Director - PG Site Services Ltd

• Haha
Reactions: JD
Back