• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would you like our trust to proceed?

Should the Shrimpers Trust pull out from SUFC Support?

• Total voters
Would cutting ties not make them completely impotent anyway?
We had no ties with our club at all in the last few years of the Oystons. When they sue the Chair of your Trust it is difficult to keep talking.

It didn't stop us from campaigning though. If anything, it made some aspects of the task easier.

Edited to add : just a couple of points on what you expect of your elected representatives :

1) they are all unpaid volunteers, trying to operate in what is quite a complex environment. I don't think you can expect levels of commitment from them that you wouldn't show yourself.

2) to be effective, your Trust needs a clear mandate from its Members in particular and from the fan base in general. Isn't the lack of such a mandate a large part of the problem?

Last edited:
We had no ties with our club at all in the last few years of the Oystons. When they sue the Chair of your Trust is is difficult to keep talking.

It didn't stop us from campaigning though. If anything, it made some aspects of the task easier.

Edited to add : just a couple of points on what you expect of your elected representatives :

1) they are all unpaid volunteers, trying to operate in what is quite a complex environment. I don't think you can expect levels of commitment from them that you wouldn't show yourself.

2) to be effective, your Trust needs a clear mandate from its Members in particular and from the fan base in general. Isn't the lack of such a mandate a large part of the problem?
2 - yes, as a fanbase we aren’t all aligned. Rumours fly around like wildfire and some can’t see past “Martin out”. Others see a bigger picture. Some support protests, others see them as pointless.

A suggested release of funds related to the FF/RH developments was meant to be the big difference. Wasn’t October cited as key or am I wrong on that? If things are no further forward by November then I’d really start to worry. To me, the fact we’re having these issues now is no surprise and I’m sure we’ll wriggle out of the embargo as we always do. The real tragedy here is the non payment of staff.

Staff were told in July that from 1st August club would have funds to ensure that wages would be paid on time every month, thanked for there loyalty and told they would receive a bonus for said loyalty...since then their wages have been paid later each month and their morale crumbles by the day.

2 - yes, as a fanbase we aren’t all aligned. Rumours fly around like wildfire and some can’t see past “Martin out”. Others see a bigger picture. Some support protests, others see them as pointless.

A suggested release of funds related to the FF/RH developments was meant to be the big difference. Wasn’t October cited as key or am I wrong on that? If things are no further forward by November then I’d really start to worry. To me, the fact we’re having these issues now is no surprise and I’m sure we’ll wriggle out of the embargo as we always do. The real tragedy here is the non payment of staff.
I’m suspecting that the stage that releases some funds relates to either training ground completion or spades in ground for the next (Stadium phase). Meanwhile Ron is apparently seeking a bridging loans/loans in the interim- who from is as much a question as is how funds are released by the development- sums involved/timing/effect on clubs budget for reminder of year and for next. Two absolutely fundamental questions to ask IMHO. Unfortunately no doubt will got lost amongst all the other stuff real and imagined.
Sometimes this is how Ron “escaped scrutiny”. Rather than relentlessly focussing on 2-3 key questions it’s all over the place.

Staff were told in July that from 1st August club would have funds to ensure that wages would be paid on time every month, thanked for there loyalty and told they would receive a bonus for said loyalty...since then their wages have been paid later each month and their morale crumbles by the day.
Yikes

Back