• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hunt racially abused on Sat

Story on the official site. I personally haven't heard too much racism on the terraces around the country but there does seem to have been a recent bout of it occuring. Is it a coincidence that this coincides with the publicity that certain racists have been getting (i.e. Spain coach) and the number of various racial awareness schemes & wristbands around. Are the racists who were quiet, suddenly finding it funny and coming out in the open again knowing full well it will make headlines? Thoughts?

Well, the Chester fans we spoke to, said the bloke who instigated the chants (whether it was donkey or monkey was unknown by them) was known as a troublemaker/hooligan. However, at full time apparently he accused Hunt of lying.

I think abusing a player for anything other than footballing reasons is totally unforgiveable. I cant believe in this day and age we still have morons abusing players in instances such as this.

Whilst I am on the subject I also fail to see the connection between Southend Utd, IRA, Celtic and Rangers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 07 2005,12:41)]I think abusing a player for anything other than footballing reasons is totally unforgiveable.
Absolutely, if there was one valid thing to say to Hunt, it's "play to the whistle" after he gave their forward a 5 yard start, whilst appealing for something or other, for the second goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 07 2005,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 07 2005,12:41)]I think abusing a player for anything other than footballing reasons is totally unforgiveable.
Absolutely, if there was one valid thing to say to Hunt, it's "play to the whistle" after he gave their forward a 5 yard start, whilst appealing for something or other, for the second goal.
Valid point. It would have, however, been nice of Spinner to try and slide at the ball as the cross came in for the 2nd goal rather than watch it go by. The same thing can also be said for the first goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Mar. 07 2005,11:52)]Story on the official site. I personally haven't heard too much racism on the terraces around the country but there does seem to have been a recent bout of it occuring. Is it a coincidence that this coincides with the publicity that certain racists have been getting (i.e. Spain coach) and the number of various racial awareness schemes & wristbands around. Are the racists who were quiet, suddenly finding it funny and coming out in the open again knowing full well it will make headlines? Thoughts?
I hope Hunt and the club pursue this further.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 07 2005,13:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 07 2005,12:49)]
[b said:
Valid point. It would have, however, been nice of Spinner to try and slide at the ball as the cross came in for the 2nd goal rather than watch it go by. The same thing can also be said for the first goal.
I noticed that - what was that all about? Why did Prior just watch it go in rather than attempting to stab the first goal effort away???

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 07 2005,12:41)]I think abusing a player for anything other than footballing reasons is totally unforgiveable. I cant believe in this day and age we still have morons abusing players in instances such as this.
Disagree. Anyone who sports a bleached mullet deserves all the abuse they receive.

I find it strange that eveyone is finding it so bad when one of our players gets abused when Agogo underwent 90 minutes of abuse from our own fans. Or was that just fun !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 07 2005,17:00)]I find it strange that eveyone is finding it so bad when one of our players gets abused when Agogo underwent 90 minutes of abuse from our own fans. Or was that just fun !!!
well those who racially abused agogo are not likely to be posting with regards to Hunt are they?

Most on hear will feel that racial abuse is unacceptable and regard it as intolerable. That is why people are saying this case should be taken further, and rightly so...

If I recall correctly just as many posters on here were equally disgusted by that, as well the behaviour towards a barmaid before the game, and aired that viewpoint on here too. I find nothing strange in people speaking out against racist behaviour whoever it is committed by.

Yes was awful behaviour from the fan. Think he said something like 'black donkey'. At the end when he was going mad in the stnads, all the Southend fans started legging it to the stand, with loads of Chester Chavs getting involved.

Comment of the day: 'He is absolute sh*t!' 'Oi, he isn't that good!'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 07 2005,17:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well those who racially abused agogo are not likely to be posting with regards to Hunt are they?
Who?
I will make it clear.... just for you...

Benfleet Blue said he found it strange that we are unhappy on this board about the racial abuse of Hunt when Southend fans racially abused Agogo of Bristol Rovers.

I said it isn't really that strange because it is only the minority who get involved with the racial abuse and it is safe to say that those who are disgusted with the behaviour towards Hunt were also disgusted with the Southend fans who were using abuse against Agogo.

You are not likely to see someone posting on this board saying that they are disgusted with the way Hunt has been treated if they have been the culprits of using racial abuse in the past.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 07 2005,17:52)]yes but who says agogo was racialy abused?
Something to do with the fact that there were a lot of posts about it on this board and that those who went can confirm what they heard.

also stuff about him being a rapist, unfound claims, it's prejudice... and some would say the geezer upfront for bury too...

so but to name a few cases of prejudice...

Thing that annoyed me was the steward heard it and knew who it was and that fat to**er was still allowed to stay in the ground.

I don't recall Agogo being racially abused at The Mem, I must say. He's he got abused a lot about the recent trial in which he was acquitted... but that, alas, is to a certain extent par for the course at football grounds.

But that wasn't racial abuse, not that I heard at any rate. You can harangue a player for what he has or has not done. But you can't - and I don't think we did - abuse someone for what he is. Big difference, IMHO.

rock.gif

Matt

Back