• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am so angry with Tilson on three counts of very poor judgement!

got to say lads that although i think wiggy is clueless in much of what she says some of the points are valid on TONITES performance. Yes we have a number of new players who need to blend and gel together, but mulgrew was poor tonite. revell does not look any better than harrold, but his record suggests he will score goals at this level, therefore should be given a decent run in the side. flavs should step a side he was poor for both goals again. these are not isolated comments. people on the train agreed with much of this.

but tonite, with the exception of mayb clarke and bailey the team as a whole were poor. not just mulgrew, revell etc. the whole team.

lastly, tilson. what is he paid for? once again two set peices have cost us. what did he say at half time? we were worse in the second half than the first. where was the motivation?

please understand. this is not a slag off thread. i am frustrated at once again arriving home after another dreadful performance and three points thrown down the pan. that was a game we should have gone into with confidence against a team who hadnt won at home since boxing day, forth from bottom and low in confidence. we threw it away and that hurts.

Thanks to a manger you want rid off!

Mmmn, Southend lose and she's over SZ like a rash and with opinions of game she did not attend.

Because it is blatantly obvious that he has lost it. All this time to address the weak areas and what does he do, farms out Hooper and brings in a bloke that is patently worse, brings in a worse left back, gets rid of a strong central defender, outs Maher for Macca who couldn't pass water, how many examples of incompetance do you want?

To be fair Wiggy, Hooper hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. He had a barnstormer at Bournemouth but has consistently failed to set the Roots Hall faithful alight - and I'm one of his biggest advocates. I recognise his potential and feel it will benefit both him and us to go out and score some goals to get his confidence back. No complaints on this front other than the timing...it should have waited a few days.

wiggy do not slag off macca. he is 100%. yes hid passing has been poor of late. but he never gives up and without his goals along with bailey etc we would be in the brown stuff. would maher score 8 goals of the quality macca has done? i think not. maher has had his time. on their day bailey and macca are class. plus, maher is not playing because of an incident with the moussssssssssaaaaaa on the training pitch. so considering he is meant to be club captain he has let himself down and the club. clearly you have not supported the blues for long. bailey and macca are easily the best partnership we have had since martin and butler.

Because it is blatantly obvious that he has lost it. All this time to address the weak areas and what does he do, farms out Hooper and brings in a bloke that is patently worse, brings in a worse left back, gets rid of a strong central defender, outs Maher for Macca who couldn't pass water, how many examples of incompetance do you want?

Get rid of Tilson and replace him with..................? Start all over again. Patience in football is rare (as are sensible comments by you) you just have to look at the two most successful teams in the country to see that sticking by your manager when things don't go right is prudent. In today's society everythjing has to be instant but it does not work like that. Of course he will make mistakes, he is still relatively new to management, but we are in a much stronger postion both on and off the field than when he took over. We proved in the late 1990s and early 2000s that changing manager every year achieves nothing. As you pointed out we are in a good position for the play offs so let's see if the manager who stopped us from going out of the football league, won two promotions, took us to Cardiff three times and beat Manchester United can do it again before you consign him to the scrap heap.

Get rid of Tilson and replace him with..................? Start all over again. Patience in football is rare (as are sensible comments by you) you just have to look at the two most successful teams in the country to see that sticking by your manager when things don't go right is prudent. In today's society everythjing has to be instant but it does not work like that. Of course he will make mistakes, he is still relatively new to management, but we are in a much stronger postion both on and off the field than when he took over. We proved in the late 1990s and early 2000s that changing manager every year achieves nothing. As you pointed out we are in a good position for the play offs so let's see if the manager who stopped us from going out of the football league, won two promotions, took us to Cardiff three times and beat Manchester United can do it again before you consign him to the scrap heap.

But he hasn't got an inspired Flahavan and goalscoring machine Eastwood anymore to achieve the above plaudits. What we have bought in quite honestly looks like going the other way!

Do you like his new signings?
I'm prepared to give them time, rather than slag them off after 3 games. (All of which I've watched BTW, rather than ranting on a keyboard). To be honest I don't think Tilly will be that fussed if we don't go up. I happen to think he is building a very good squad, admittedly we desperately need a Central Defender, that will be good enough to compete in the Championship in 2 years time. If we make the play-offs this season, and then go up, obviously we'll take it. But if we don't, I think we'll be in a far stronger position this time next year.

Letting goal machine Hooper out, unforgivable!
Replacing Hammel with a bloke that can't defend, Mulgrew, unforgivable!
Bringing in a target man that can't jump, not mobile and a poor first touch, Revell, unforgivable!

3 Blatant managerial mistakes that will spoil our season in a crap league when nicely poised for the play offs, sorting out the gaps in the defence would help as well but that's another story!

Nothing like being graceful in defeat is there. We lose a game and you immediately jump on the new boys and its their fault.

As I said elsewhere you slated Bailey when he joined so lets give Mulgrew and Revell a chance before writing them off.

Wiggy you're being really harsh on Mulgrew. He did honestly do some good last night, he wasn't helped by Gower flitting around or going AWOL. The guy is young and still learning, give him a chance.

I'm prepared to give them time, rather than slag them off after 3 games. (All of which I've watched BTW, rather than ranting on a keyboard). To be honest I don't think Tilly will be that fussed if we don't go up. I happen to think he is building a very good squad, admittedly we desperately need a Central Defender, that will be good enough to compete in the Championship in 2 years time. If we make the play-offs this season, and then go up, obviously we'll take it. But if we don't, I think we'll be in a far stronger position this time next year.

Don't make me laugh, good squad, it is worse than 2 months ago. Argubally new keeper, new central defender, new left back, new wingers, new strikers that should just about do it, more like new team!

Nothing like being graceful in defeat is there. We lose a game and you immediately jump on the new boys and its their fault.

As I said elsewhere you slated Bailey when he joined so lets give Mulgrew and Revell a chance before writing them off.

Lets be honest, Orient destroyed us 2nd half, poor display against Hartlepool and last night, it's not a reaction after a loss!

Wiggy you're being really harsh on Mulgrew. He did honestly do some good last night, he wasn't helped by Gower flitting around or going AWOL. The guy is young and still learning, give him a chance.
Wiggy wasn't even there last night so how wiggy would know how Mulgrew played is beyond me.

Actually thought wiggy was beginning to talk some sense recently, however the sh*t I've read over the past 12 hours has clearly proved I was wrong.

Seriously, go and do some ironing or something because quite clearly you are only on here to rile everyone up with your nonsense.

Lets be honest, Orient destroyed us 2nd half, poor display against Hartlepool and last night, it's not a reaction after a loss!

Orient destroyed us ?! What on earth are you on ?

We slaughtered them first half and in the second they got a dodgy penalty and only really threatened when they put 4 up front.

Hartlepool wasnt a great performance but we still ground out the result.

Funnily you forget to mention the Leeds game at all.

Drama Queen alert....

Orient destroyed us ?! What on earth are you on ?

We slaughtered them first half and in the second they got a dodgy penalty and only really threatened when they put 4 up front.

Hartlepool wasnt a great performance but we still ground out the result.

Funnily you forget to mention the Leeds game at all.

Drama Queen alert....

Fair points Jam Man, but why let reality get in the way of a good old-fashioned, post-defeat Tilson bash?

Revell - Played three games in a blues shirt.

Hooper - Played 43 and scored a total of 11 I think.

You amaze me Wiggy. You have this inate ability to constantly talk out of your backside. Please explain how you can make such a sweeping statement without first having the comparisons. When Revell has played as many and scored less then by all means come on here and post those type of comments but until then I suggest you keep schtum because you really are making yourself look a complete ****, as usual.

Wiggy wasn't even there last night so how wiggy would know how Mulgrew played is beyond me.

Actually thought wiggy was beginning to talk some sense recently, however the sh*t I've read over the past 12 hours has clearly proved I was wrong.

Seriously, go and do some ironing or something because quite clearly you are only on here to rile everyone up with your nonsense.

I always talk as i see it, Flavs poor lately see. Not here to wind anyone up and respect the comments from those that went last night. Therefore i am entitled to say that with Mulgrew and Revell in the team it is worse than previously, end of!

Back