• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Back in the day Ginger Lee was doing this, always stepping in to stop away fans slapping us in the South Bank if we started singing
Yeah remember the Bolton home game in August 1988 Ginger and his 'mates' on the pitch after the game holding back a good 50+ Bolton lads. The Bolton tried to get to the North Bank from the South Bank, they didn't manage it. Not many Police there that day either.

Yeah remember the Bolton home game in August 1988 Ginger and his 'mates' on the pitch after the game holding back a good 50+ Bolton lads. The Bolton tried to get to the North Bank from the South Bank, they didn't manage it. Not many Police there that day either.

This would need checking but I think they may have been PB's debut for Bolton

must be edited then because there was at least 5 mins between, sick of people who were miles away taking tosh

Yes there was at least 5 minutes inbetween. The second lad who ran on was at the game Monday, so looks like anyone else who got on the pitch has got lucky. So far anyway.

There's a second person, it would appear, on the pitch and over towards the Colchester section, immediately after Mark Coshever turns to walk back from there.

I think that is who some are referring to.

must be edited then because there was at least 5 mins between, sick of people who were miles away taking tosh

Well edited then as they appear together in the same clip. Roughly 10 seconds between guy no.1's first punch and guy no.2's. Puffa jacket arrives from NW corner.

I'm sick of people who were miles away talking tosh.

Yes there was at least 5 minutes inbetween. The second lad who ran on was at the game Monday, so looks like anyone else who got on the pitch has got lucky. So far anyway.

I trust there was plenty of outrage directed to his face rather than from behind the safety of a keyboard. No?

Exactly this.

Said person is actually a decent enough chap from the few times I have met him. Clearly a hard guy but so what. He has stopped Southend fans getting ironed out on a number of occasions. Luton last season being one of the main ones but I recall Stockport in 2009 ish when the stewards were throwing a few kids around and he stepped in and saved these kids again. Orient away he also stood up to a few gobby Orient fans picking on kids younger than them.

The amount of people that dont even go to games to see what happened or sit miles from the incident commenting on this is laughable.

Exactly this.

Said person is actually a decent enough chap from the few times I have met him. Clearly a hard guy but so what. He has stopped Southend fans getting ironed out on a number of occasions. Luton last season being one of the main ones but I recall Stockport in 2009 ish when the stewards were throwing a few kids around and he stepped in and saved these kids again. Orient away he also stood up to a few gobby Orient fans picking on kids younger than them.

The amount of people that dont even go to games to see what happened or sit miles from the incident commenting on this is laughable.

Unfortunately he is being judged on one particular event not on all the good deeds he has done.

Unfortunately he is being judged on one particular event not on all the good deeds he has done.

I see him most home games and all the aways I have done (I only do local ones these days to be fair) so for me its a loss for the club as the guy is a real fan.

0:20 in, the fella entering from the left is who some are referring to :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYkrjsyiNes

Actually, watching that again, you see how innocently minding their own business those Colchester fans were in that corner!
The other thing that video shows is that there were a lot tempted to follow his lead and the more that do the more trouble the club get into, the less comfortable parents are about taking their kids to matches, the less likely terraces become - these things escalate, no Col U fans were out of their pen, he wasn't helping anyone, just not able to control his anger.

Same goes for the Col U muppets.

The other thing that video shows is that there were a lot tempted to follow his lead and the more that do the more trouble the club get into, the less comfortable parents are about taking their kids to matches, the less likely terraces become - these things escalate, no Col U fans were out of their pen, he wasn't helping anyone, just not able to control his anger.

Question for you ***. Do you think there should have been more police in the ground.

So with regards to three of your posts in this thread

1) he didn't whack a steward. The worst he did was brush past one.
2) he didn't injure a female steward
3) two colu fans did get out their pen as soon as we scored the first and before all this trouble. One bottled it almost instantly and the second one saw the police between him and us and froze and his mate dragged him back and put his hands up to the police to acknowledge his name being an idiot.

I have this on film as I was actually there in the back row of the block he came out from.

Given that you clearly didn't see the incidents at all having made three incorrect statements already maybe best to stop dragging this chaps name through the mud more than it already has been on this thread.

So with regards to three of your posts in this thread

1) he didn't whack a steward. The worst he did was brush past one.
2) he didn't injure a female steward
3) two colu fans did get out their pen as soon as we scored the first and before all this trouble. One bottled it almost instantly and the second one saw the police between him and us and froze and his mate dragged him back and put his hands up to the police to acknowledge his name being an idiot.

I have this on film as I was actually there in the back row of the block he came out from.

Given that you clearly didn't see the incidents at all having made three incorrect statements already maybe best to stop dragging this chaps name through the mud more than it already has been on this thread.

Dont worry DTS,the old lefty *** is wrong on everything he writes,this is just another example !

Back