• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I Had A Chat With Freddy Eastwood On The Phone

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I Phoned Freddys Dad Up,ironically Younger Fred Had His Dads Phone On Him. I Thought This Would Be A Chance To Put The Books Straight Hear. So I Asked Him A Few Questions,i Mention Wolves Are You Going There He Said Nothing Is Sorted,he Said That They Were A Big Club Though,he Didnt Also Know That They Uped The Bid Which I Thought Was Strange.i Mentioned Charlton He Said He Has Not Heard Anything About Them.i Asked Him If He Wanted To Leave He Said That He Wanted Play At The Top Naturely,i Said To Him If You Leave Will Miss You At Southend,i Said Good Luck Whot Ever The Out Come,its Not The First Time Ive Spoke To Younger Fred,he Knows Me Through His Dadwho Attended My Sons Funeral Last Year. Top Man Is He. I Think Freddy Is Going With Whot Ron Martin Has Said,its A Shame,he Contributed Massive To Where Southend Have Been Over The Last 3 Years,i Think We All Should Be Pround Whot He Has Done For Us. If I Hear Any More Ill Let You Know,who Put The Goal In The Man U Net. Freddy

Thanks for the info Chemico, very much appreciated !! :) If Freddy does go, best of luck to him, he will always be a hero and has been a superb player for the club :)

Cheers Chemico, I think it's evident that Fred's off, and good luck to him, can't blame the lad for wanting to play at a higher level.

I just hope we get a good deal for him so we can get some decent replacements in.

Says to me he is talking to Wolves and he wants to go there, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Oh well it had to happen some time, I just wish we cashed in on him in Jan when we could of got double what he will eventually go for shortly.

But, hindsight is a wonderful thing and the chairman quite rightly so thought Freddy may have been able to keep us up last season.

Cheers for that Chemico.

Not knocking you but to type with a capital letter on each word must take you twice as long to type :)

Thanks for the info, Chemico. I think this tells us that Freddy is off and, unless other clubs in with better offers and a bidding war takes place, it could all be done and dusted quite soon.

He's been a great servant to SUFC in his time here and naturally, we have to wish him all the best for the future. He'll be going for a club record transfer fee and has provided us with so many great memories, not least "that" goal against Man U! All the best, Freddy.

Think Stanley Collymore might dispute that....

Really? I genuinely thought that it would be a club record fee :o

I think I may be getting confused because this £1.25m figure is considerably smaller than those which have been banded around here by some eternal optimists!

Cheers for that Chemico.

Not knocking you but to type with a capital letter on each word must take you twice as long to type :)
Col types in capitals but the site defaults words in capitals to mixed case.

Col types in capitals but the site defaults words in capitals to mixed case.

Ah I see, that makes sense now!

Really? I genuinely thought that it would be a club record fee :o

I think I may be getting confused because this £1.25m figure is considerably smaller than those which have been banded around here by some eternal optimists!

Collymore went for 3.6 million wasnt it ? Memory fails me...

Ah I see, that makes sense now!

Collymore went for 3.6 million wasnt it ? Memory fails me...

From what I remember he went originally for just less than 3 million and it went up to near 4 million after add ons and 10% sell on when he went to LIverpool.

I think Stan went for £2.2m originally. We then got £250k when he played for England and took 10% of £8.5m that Forest sold him to Liverpool for (minus a couple of hundred grand that we had to give to Palace as part of the deal that saw him join us originally).

We were also supposed to get £250k if he scored 20 league goals for Forest the year after he left us but they dropped him with a couple of games left after they'd got promotion and he was on 19 goals. Vic threatened to sue but the two clubs agreed that Forest could buy that clause out for £100k which they then did.

I Phoned Freddys Dad Up,ironically Younger Fred Had His Dads Phone On Him. I Thought This Would Be A Chance To Put The Books Straight Hear. So I Asked Him A Few Questions,i Mention Wolves Are You Going There He Said Nothing Is Sorted,he Said That They Were A Big Club Though,he Didnt Also Know That They Uped The Bid Which I Thought Was Strange.i Mentioned Charlton He Said He Has Not Heard Anything About Them.i Asked Him If He Wanted To Leave He Said That He Wanted Play At The Top Naturely,i Said To Him If You Leave Will Miss You At Southend,i Said Good Luck Whot Ever The Out Come,its Not The First Time Ive Spoke To Younger Fred,he Knows Me Through His Dadwho Attended My Sons Funeral Last Year. Top Man Is He. I Think Freddy Is Going With Whot Ron Martin Has Said,its A Shame,he Contributed Massive To Where Southend Have Been Over The Last 3 Years,i Think We All Should Be Pround Whot He Has Done For Us. If I Hear Any More Ill Let You Know,who Put The Goal In The Man U Net. Freddy

Cheers colin

I feel like I was the only one hopping he sign a new contract with us....

Bit worrying now... where will our goals come from next season :-(

Mid table anyone........

ok going for a pint ..... bye bye Freddy

Thanks for everything

Thought Collymore was sold for around £1.5 sure it wasn't in the £2million mark....

From what I remember he went originally for just less than 3 million and it went up to near 4 million after add ons and 10% sell on when he went to LIverpool.

Stan was sold for an initial £2m which rose to £4.2m after all the add-ons including the goal/promotion bonus, first England cap and sell-on percentage.

I think Stan went for £2.2m originally. We then got £250k when he played for England and took 10% of £8.5m that Forest sold him to Liverpool for (minus a couple of hundred grand that we had to give to Palace as part of the deal that saw him join us originally).

We were also supposed to get £250k if he scored 20 league goals for Forest the year after he left us but they dropped him with a couple of games left after they'd got promotion and he was on 19 goals. Vic threatened to sue but the two clubs agreed that Forest could buy that clause out for £100k which they then did.

According to Stan in his book he went to se Frank Clark and told him he wasn't happy and wanted to play, eventually Clark backed down and picked Stan for the last 2 games - he scored the goal which triggered the £250k payment and said "I wanted Southend to have that money."

Back