• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Firstly I am not a racist. Despite the amound of times I get called it.

Now racism- 3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

The way I percieve racism is that it is when a group or an individual attack or abuse another group or individual because they are a different race for no reason.

Thats not to say Hitler was justified because he may have had a reason.

If I was to start a campaign again a different race for no reason then yes that is racism but some of the cases I have deemed a racist are just ridiculous.

For example in politics in college we were talking about the difference between western and eastern cultures. I dont know if any of you are aware of the story concerning a group of Christians being banned from attending a Christian church in an islamic state. I dont know the exact details but what I believe and what I have been told is that a group of Christians attempted to set up or attend a Christian church but were denied to Muslims.

I stated that I thought it was wrong that Muslims etc could freely come over to the UK and freely follow their religion. This I have no problem with. But when it is the other way around and they dont like it I find it a problem.

I arose this and was barracked with abuse for being a racist. Ridiculous in my opinion.

My point of this thread is just to see what peoples views on 'racism' are.

Thoughts welcome.

OK well I was called a racist for this.

This just clarifies how little people know about racism and how wrong their views on it are.

Mate......I have seen people get racism mixed up with Jingoism, religion and Xenophobia.

Just winds me up.

Another example.

Fredhoilm (sp) called me a racist for the following.

On football manager the player Marvin Williams (yeovil) before the patch (8.0.0) he had the picture of Marvin Elliot or Bristol City.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/javaImages/a4/5/0,,10327~3343780,00.jpg

In this patch he was brilliant. Scored loads of goals and as you can see he doesnt have the darkest of skin.

After the patch (8.0.2) Marvin Williams has his correct picture.

http://www.ytfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/9d/19/0,,10673~3348893,00.jpg

It is clearer he has far darker skin than before. Also he wasnt as good on the game.

I said since the patch he was blacker and sh*tter.

I was called racist.

:|

There's only two things I can't stand in this life. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the bloody Dutch.

I stated that I thought it was wrong that Muslims etc could freely come over to the UK and freely follow their religion. This I have no problem with. But when it is the other way around and they dont like it I find it a problem.

I arose this and was barracked with abuse for being a racist. Ridiculous in my opinion.

Thoughts welcome.

Think you mean you dont have a problem with them following their religion in England but they cant if they wont allow Christians to do so there ?

If thats so then thats wrong, two wrongs dont make a right and why should law abiding Muslims here suffer because of what another country does. British Muslims have the right to go to their Mosque whaetever happens abroad...

I was called racist.

No thats not racist, just factual. If you said he was s*** because he had darker skin that would be.

Just winds me up.

Another example.

Fredhoilm (sp) called me a racist for the following.

On football manager the player Marvin Williams (yeovil) before the patch (8.0.0) he had the picture of Marvin Elliot or Bristol City.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/javaImages/a4/5/0,,10327~3343780,00.jpg

In this patch he was brilliant. Scored loads of goals and as you can see he doesnt have the darkest of skin.

After the patch (8.0.2) Marvin Williams has his correct picture.

http://www.ytfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/9d/19/0,,10673~3348893,00.jpg

It is clearer he has far darker skin than before. Also he wasnt as good on the game.

I was called racist.

Thats not realy racist to be fair , if the newer picture makes him appear (i would have used the word darker to be fair) and a worse choice in the game then nope !!.

Re the Muslim /Christian part. The only issue with that is Christians preach and convert (its a tenat of christianity), which is a massive no no in Islam (they resepct other relgions but you cant deliberatly go out to persuade others to join you (leaving Islam and joining another of your own choice is another bag of Halual meat ;) ).

here we go again !! whats the problem being called a racist!! I get it everyday
on my travels in south east london,when I fail to give up my seat on the safari bus that comes into town, for another spear chucker with 9 children in her pram

on my travels in south east london,when I fail to give up my seat on the safari bus that comes into town, for another spear chucker with 9 children in her pram

Evidence for enforced euthanasia ??

“When in roman” the saying does but in England do as you like if your not born there.
we have irish tinkers building on green belt and no one makes a move, try putting up an extension without telling the council,
Hospitals have alcohol hand wash to stop MRSA and Muslims wont use it because it has alcohol in it, lets just infect the rest of the hospital because my religion says no to alcohol. Your not suppose to drink it just was your hands.

I will get of the soap box

I think the fact you refer to them as "spear chuckers" kind of backs up their claims somewhat.

Now this is proper racism. I'm sick of all that half hearted rubbish. If you're gonna believe in something, go the whole hog.

The way I percieve racism is that it is when a group or an individual attack or abuse another group or individual because they are a different race for no reason.

I seriously suggest you check a dictionary definition of racism (and also your spelling of perceive).

Thats not to say Hitler was justified because he may have had a reason.

If I was to start a campaign again a different race for no reason then yes that is racism but some of the cases I have deemed a racist are just ridiculous.

If you were to start a campaign against (and I hope its not again) a different race, I suspect that would almost certainly be racist.

For example in politics in college we were talking about the difference between western and eastern cultures. I dont know if any of you are aware of the story concerning a group of Christians being banned from attending a Christian church in an islamic state. I dont know the exact details but what I believe and what I have been told is that a group of Christians attempted to set up or attend a Christian church but were denied to Muslims.

Why is it wrong to have freedom of religion?

What religion should they be forced to practice?

I seriously suggest you check a dictionary definition of racism (and also your spelling of perceive).

If you were to start a campaign against (and I hope its not again) a different race, I suspect that would almost certainly be racist.

Why is it wrong to have freedom of religion?

What religion should they be forced to practice?

I think it's perfectly fine for Muslims to practise their religion within the UK. That I have no problem with. But say I were to campaign against Mosque's I would be hurled with abuse.

I just think it's unfair that they believe it's unfair for Christians (and im not a christian btw) to try and pray to their god yet they believe it is their right in the UK.

Back