• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I Hate them....

that reminds me, i was kicked out of bakers last friday... only just remembered! i was hammered

ok maybe I can shed alittle bit of light on the industry for you fellas

I'm 30 years old now and started working as a doorman in the west end when I was 20 at a couple of clubs called the Velvet Underground and Milk Bar. Came back to southend and ran a cushdey number at Monteys bar for 3 years bringing upto modern day times have worked at Chameleon (when it was still farieley desent) and the last 3 years I have worked At mayhem in the week and Bellinies at the weekend. Some doorman make me sick, power hungry, feking idiots however this a level probably 50/50 who actually are proffesional no noncence blokes that know what they are doing and don't have to talk to people like a pratt to get there point across, Most doors have a mix of talkers and beef you often fiend your front of house doorman are the elite the stand up men, not affraid to stand there ground and are proffeesional enough to talk and deal with people, then you get the orrible aggresive ****ers who spend there nights proped up in a corner of a club looking for the slightest off, and then there are unfortunately the divs, that never seem to get a job in the club but are always stuck outside more as marshells, they arent really wanted working in the club or on the front of house becasue the have no communication skills, can't be relied apon when there is grief (queue him refering to get you arrested when you confronted him) they tend to be the bullies that make up the numbers and it sounds like thats what you met. Once a doorman has made his mind up it would be unthinkable of the other doorman to then go against his co worker so it doesnt matter if your the nicest guy in the world once one has made the disiccion then the disiccion is made (**** you can tell Im a doorman my spelling is awful) But all I will say is these guys spend there life looking out for drunks and the tell tell signs ( so you admit to being bladdered but holding it togther well) I see back 40-60 people every weekend who think they are a standing pilla of society but are really bladdered. You say someone has fallen off the pier and died, well why would the doorman want another death on there backs, I reckon yyou were bladdered a group of you making plenty of noise been out on the **** playing football down the high street, I bet he looked at you in the eyes and though 'not tonight ' But unfortunately his neanderthal brain didnt ingage his tongue and he thought he would show you what a man he is by being rude and agressive to you.

He might have been right...wouldn't you have rung/texted the bird had you not been too bad?

I wasn't allowed into Bakers last week as I didn't have any ID, a compliment of sorts as I turn 30 next July. I don't have a photo driving license so in the meantime I've had to blow the dust of my Portman ID card complete with black and white photo of me aged 17 looking very much like Sid Little.

yeah fare enough. but they are by far the worst. nearly everytime i've been there its been kicking off. none because of me funnily enough ;) . but they are ********s.
That is complete cr*p. Obviously coming from someone who's just got a chip on his shoulder!!

I actually believe bouncers in Southend are the best I've ever come across. And Cockles point actually states exactly the two different types of bouncers. If you have a laugh with (most of) them and don't treat them like the office cleaner then they are more than likely to be good to you and have a laugh back. I've been going out in Southend for many years and I've only ever had two problems from I'd guess over 200+ nights out in the town. The first was because I was a complete mess, and for those that know me off the board on here, probably can even remember that night after an SZFC end of season bash a couple of years ago!! I was totally gone, and rightly so refused entry to a well known club in Southend. I was a complete prat, however I went to the same club practically every week and on my return (and with mates helping me fill in the gaps) I actually had the balls to apologise to the guys on the door. They knew me from going there every week so knew it was a one-off. By apologising though IMO, you show respect to them, and they show respect to you. How's that different from how life works in any other cycle? If you show no respect to someone, then I hope you receive zero respect back. Obviously they can read you like a book.

(The second was in Bakers bar. Won't go into it, however this bouncer clearly had an attitude problem or maybe the benefit of the doubt had just had a bad night. So in all that time, I think personally you only hit trouble with bouncers if you go looking for it.)

People moan about bouncers in England. You should try them in The Netherlands, they are unbelievable here. There is only one type of bouncer, and it's the type Cockles mentions above about being neanderthals, but that's probably because this country is stuck 10 years behind the times! :flamer:

I've never actually had a problem in Southend at all, I've only had a problem here in Eastbourne and a minor problem in Brighton down West Street.

I've never actually had a problem in Southend at all, I've only had a problem here in Eastbourne and a minor problem in Brighton down West Street.

West Street in Brighton is tougher to get into Fort Knox mate so its not you.

Not that I would want to get in most of the bars.

:guns:

That is complete cr*p. Obviously coming from someone who's just got a chip on his shoulder!!

I actually believe bouncers in Southend are the best I've ever come across. And Cockles point actually states exactly the two different types of bouncers. If you have a laugh with (most of) them and don't treat them like the office cleaner then they are more than likely to be good to you and have a laugh back. I've been going out in Southend for many years and I've only ever had two problems from I'd guess over 200+ nights out in the town. The first was because I was a complete mess, and for those that know me off the board on here, probably can even remember that night after an SZFC end of season bash a couple of years ago!! I was totally gone, and rightly so refused entry to a well known club in Southend. I was a complete prat, however I went to the same club practically every week and on my return (and with mates helping me fill in the gaps) I actually had the balls to apologise to the guys on the door. They knew me from going there every week so knew it was a one-off. By apologising though IMO, you show respect to them, and they show respect to you. How's that different from how life works in any other cycle? If you show no respect to someone, then I hope you receive zero respect back. Obviously they can read you like a book.

(The second was in Bakers bar. Won't go into it, however this bouncer clearly had an attitude problem or maybe the benefit of the doubt had just had a bad night. So in all that time, I think personally you only hit trouble with bouncers if you go looking for it.)

People moan about bouncers in England. You should try them in The Netherlands, they are unbelievable here. There is only one type of bouncer, and it's the type Cockles mentions above about being neanderthals, but that's probably because this country is stuck 10 years behind the times! :flamer:

Why the hell have i got a chip of my shoulder? wtf is this about?

sorrry I posted this twice

but I cant deny i speak some amazing sence

Yeah, imagine the effect if you knew where the shift and full stop keys on your keyboard were? And if you could spell the words correctly - it'd be as if Oscar Wilde himself had been reborn.....:rolleyes:

23105561.jpg

Guess What?

I had yet another problem tonight although, this one is quite possibly the funniest.

Because of exams and the amount of work i've had on, I haven't been out clubbing on a wednesday since i've been back in Eastbourne. Tonight was my flatmates birthday and whilst he was a bit leathered, i've been stone cold sober because of meds' im on. Tonight, i was refused entry for trouble i caused last week.

How? I ask, I was not out last week because of exams.
"I meant last week, now get off the pier" Asks Vladimir, who's lucky to be in this f*cking country.
Considering i wasn't in the county before last week and up in York, it's a tall ask.
"F*ck off the pier now, before you're banned for 3 months"
Err, hold on a minute Vlad, i'm stood here stone cold sober asking you a question.

This bouncer proceeded to grab hold of me while his English counterpart stood there looking at him in disgust. Whilst i was there, it's worth pointing out he also grabbed hold of a young girl and pushed her to the ground.

Needless to say I wasn't getting in, and having dealth with the owner of the club before whose a thoroughly decent bloke, I'm heading back there tomorrow morning to deal with the situation.

I wouldn't have been peeved if i had caused trouble when he said I had, but the fact I was nowhere near the county brings question marks. Another negative point against the club and I can begin to realise why it's so void of local customers and going down the tube.

Back