• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I Hate them....

I bet, by any money that wants to be included, that i have the worst local security by far....

On a real note, you have Mon/Wed/Fri on a real note... Just so happens that this week that they should've checked me this week and they would've caught a good 2/3 of me instead of the 0 they caught of me this week. I turn up outisde the club and they try to conviscate my ID outisde of it.... It aint gonna happen....

Despite me not touching anything outside of the club, this bloke is not letting me in on 3/4 occasions... What i was wondering was if me personally had any feasibility against him on my own (something im seriously considering) because its getting ridiculoud (any help would be most thank you'd)

Guess What?

I had yet another problem tonight although, this one is quite possibly the funniest.

Because of exams and the amount of work i've had on, I haven't been out clubbing on a wednesday since i've been back in Eastbourne. Tonight was my flatmates birthday and whilst he was a bit leathered, i've been stone cold sober because of meds' im on. Tonight, i was refused entry for trouble i caused last week.

How? I ask, I was not out last week because of exams.
"I meant last week, now get off the pier" Asks Vladimir, who's lucky to be in this f*cking country.
Considering i wasn't in the county before last week and up in York, it's a tall ask.
"F*ck off the pier now, before you're banned for 3 months"
Err, hold on a minute Vlad, i'm stood here stone cold sober asking you a question.

This bouncer proceeded to grab hold of me while his English counterpart stood there looking at him in disgust. Whilst i was there, it's worth pointing out he also grabbed hold of a young girl and pushed her to the ground.

Needless to say I wasn't getting in, and having dealth with the owner of the club before whose a thoroughly decent bloke, I'm heading back there tomorrow morning to deal with the situation.

I wouldn't have been peeved if i had caused trouble when he said I had, but the fact I was nowhere near the county brings question marks. Another negative point against the club and I can begin to realise why it's so void of local customers and going down the tube.

Nope sorry, not as funny as your original post back in November last year. Have another go after a few drinks:D

Nope sorry, not as funny as your original post back in November last year. Have another go after a few drinks:D

:p Was wondering actually if i can get some advice here, as by the sounds of it this one bouncer has it in for me big time.

The girl who was being refused entry at the same time asked for the bouncers name and license number as, according to her, it was law that he has to provide to her if she asked. When asked, he refused. Is this right?

When I protested a little further, the English bouncer proceeded to say that he reserves the right to refuse entry without any reason whatsoever... While i understand this is true, there has to be some jurisdiction against this?

any help would be useful... I feel this isn't the last i've seen of this jobsworth :(

It sounds like this fella needs throwing off the pier and let the **** float back out to wherever he came from.

:smile:

Great bump Napster. These were the halcyon days of SZ.

I like Shrimpin's little entrance too - Naps were you searching their posts?!

:smile:

Great bump Napster. These were the halcyon days of SZ.

I like Shrimpin's little entrance too - Naps were you searching their posts?!

Halycon days? did the Zone stop at that time? I think not, in fact we are busier than ever. Times and people change that is all.

We, as in the Owners and Mods have been fully aware about "Shrimpin" since day one..we just allowed you lot to be sucked in.

Quality not quantity John. We might be busier than ever but the pub was great back then!

Quality not quantity John. We might be busier than ever but the pub was great back then!

I agree Jon it was , but it is up to the members to make the pub, we have for sure lost some characters though, lets hope a few of the new members step in.

I think the demographics of SZ have changed (cf DtS's Friday poll), there are quite a few of us who are now a bit older and a lot more boring. There doesn't seem to be as many younger posters knocking about, and the second they get drunk OBL tells them off!

I think a large number of members are just interested in the football at present --- going back a few years we had some people who treated the Zone as their personal Twitter/Faceache account.

The Zone is always evolving so people and their ideas are changing continually.

I think a large number of members are just interested in the football at present --- going back a few years we had some people who treated the Zone as their personal Twitter/Faceache account.

The Zone is always evolving so people and their ideas are changing continually.

very very true

A very valid point Ken...Twitter and FB were not prominent in those days...Now there are so many social outlets perhaps we have lost that.

I can make an example of just The Owners here though and how times change...MTS has had 2 children since those days as has James..Ken changed his life totally and got married, SBH changed his job and moved...I went through all sorts of different problems over the last few years.....if this is a guide line then of course the backbone of the old days has changed dramatically. If we add to that the likes of DTS,Naps,MK and yourself Pubes,etc etc then we are different and times evolve.

A very valid point Ken...Twitter and FB were not prominent in those days...Now there are so many social outlets perhaps we have lost that.

I can make an example of just The Owners here though and how times change...MTS has had 2 children since those days as has James..Ken changed his life totally and got married, SBH changed his job and moved...I went through all sorts of different problems over the last few years.....if this is a guide line then of course the backbone of the old days has changed dramatically. If we add to that the likes of DTS,Naps,MK and yourself Pubes,etc etc then we are different and times evolve.

The one thing that hasn't changed is our love for the mighty SUFC.

I think the demographics of SZ have changed (cf DtS's Friday poll), there are quite a few of us who are now a bit older and a lot more boring. There doesn't seem to be as many younger posters knocking about, and the second they get drunk OBL tells them off!

Totally agree. A few years ago was the pubs golden age when a lot of the lads on here were single lads about town etc. I feel the new generation needs to step up and give us a bit more entertainment.

The zone changes all the time as do the posters but it will always be what it is and that is a football forum for football fans of sufc but being asked to stop winding up grandad:winking: doesnt help in wanting to add to the chemistry of the zone.
You guys do a great job with your toy but if a :winking: moans moans moans then kick them off or if a plum like me steps out of line in your opinion then kick me off,keep the zone fresh dont sanitise it because its a good site.

Do I? :unsure:
That's news to me!

Back