• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No one, as imho your Team picks you (ie I was born and bred there) rather than you picking a Team.

I'm rather relieved that I wasn't born in Colchester!!

Well people who like football will generally support whoever is closest, or a premiership team.

I think most of us would support someone else if SUFC werent here, personally I doubt if there wasnt a local club Id bother actually going to games but my family come from Islington and Arsenal is the family team and have always been my "other" team. Not exactly passionate about them anymore and wouldnt support them in the same way I do SUFC.

God knows...I picked a team that none of my family supported (Arsenal, Spurs, Orient) on Kevin Smith's Football Manager circa 1982. Shudder to think that it may have been West Ham as they'd be the closest geographically :stunned:

No one, its only nostalgia and the social outlet that keeps me coming back year after year. I hate what football has become and if Southend were no more I'd take up photography with more seriousness than time allows at the moment.

Man United- my dad, who hates footy, brought me up watching them, so I did actually support them when I was younger
Charlton- used to live there and watched them for a few years, good team back then
Millwall or Coventry- both my grandads teams

Chelsea for me - Its the first divsion team I supported as a kid (you had to pick one didnt you)- in fact the first Southend match I saw was them play Chelsea at the Hall in the early 70's (anyone know when that game was?) - But I went in as a Chelsea fan and came out as a Southend fan (to this very day...)
My 11 year old son supports both Southend and Liverpool - but he has an excuse - We adopted him when he was a toddler - he was born in Liverpool and spend his first 18 months three streets away from Anfield. When we adopted him his Liverpool mad foster family had arranged for the club to sign a shirt for him - so that also came home with us and now framed, still takes pride of place on one side of his bedroom (one wall painted Liverpool red and one wall Southend blue). He must be the only Southend fan I know that was really happy when we didnt get that match last year ("I dont want to choose Dad")..

Either Fulham or West Ham... family have long connections with both and I grew up watching all three

No Southend United? Then i would have no interest in Football + probably follow Bangladesh playing Kabaddi instead

Without Southend United there is nothing.

My feelings as well. I cant imagine supporting any other team than Southend. As another poster said its not just about the football its all the memories and fellow supporters that make it for me. A winning team is just the icing on the cake.

Bournemouth for me
Played a lot of football there as long haired student and enjoyed the town and the football team
Quite a few parallels between our 2 clubs as well

well my grandmother used to live as a child in Balaam Street Plaistow about a mile from Upton Park.....

Errr I feel quite dirty even thinking about it.

Fulham in my heart and Arsenal for the glory.

Fact is we do and if we went bust all I can say is I'd never support anyone else, if SUFC die then so does football for me..... :loyalsupporter:

Fact is we do and if we went bust all I can say is I'd never support anyone else, if SUFC die then so does football for me..... :loyalsupporter:

Not the question though. If SUFC never existed in an alternative universe, AD in that universe would support.....?

Not the question though. If SUFC never existed in an alternative universe, AD in that universe would support.....?

Depends who my grandad would have supported back in the late 30's, SUFC has been in my family for generations. For that reason it's a question I can't possibly answer.

Back