• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What really ****es me off is people (the game last night) with arsenal and spammer hats on!!!:finger:
Please do not come to RH !!!

t$$$ers yes - but we'll take their money for now

John Stone,Micky Lukins,Johnny Simmonds,Micky Gorridge are all names associated with Thorpe Athletic in late 60s/early 70s.All very competitive guys as I remember!!
Are they still around ?

Saracens !! Because i would give up on football, and support Rugby instead , a sport that logically is so much friendlier and more exciting to watch and play. But while we still exist I will be a Southend fan and season ticket holder. Such is the madness of football.

Originally Posted by Murkey_Mouse
For me, it's be Legia Warsaw, I would watch Chelmsford City if Southend United wasn't there.
So which one is it

Legia Warsaw, if I stayed in Poland, Chelmsford City as I live in England for a long time :D

Does Thorpe Athletic still exist , back in the 60s they were a very successful local club,i played way back then for Southend Transport,as i worked on the buses.

As did I in 70/71 but for Eastern National.
IIRC(and I do)we got to the final that year of the Eastern National Transport Cup at Maldon(against Chelmsford)but lost.
(The only time I've ever had my name printed in a football programme).:'(

Last edited:
Non league would be the way; but Chelms, Canvey, Concord, B'don have all not got any magic attracting me to them and some seem just like either drinking clubs or rich (ish) persons toys..............so Great Wakering Rovers and a push for 1st round FA Cup qualifying as a dream.

Back