• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you had asked me a month ago i would have said 1. Leonard 2. White 3. Coker

If you asked me about just the last month i would have said 1. Hurst 2. Prosser 3. Bentley

But you didnt .

So instead i'll predict that next month will be 1. Corr 2. Timlin 3. Laird

+ lets face it the performances of Straker,Atkinson+Kiernan have at times been awesome , so basically what we have is a fantastic TEAM . This is way more important than individual stars as the opposition actually needs to worry about all 11 players its facing when facing the Blues !

UTB !!!! WE'RE GOING UP !!!!! :happy:

Bentley, worth at least a goal a game.
Lenny, now he is (nearly) fit he has shown he can be a key player for this year and many seasons.
BBBC & FRED, as long as we have one fit at anytime we have a real goal threat in the side.

If you look back at this thread, Prosser reads fairly constantly. With this considered, why are fans attitudes towards him fairly indifferent. If he has a bad game, people let him know. If Bentley has a bad game, people take it on the chin.

My point is that as a servant to our club, Prosser has been as good as anyone. More than anyone he's earned his place in this team, reportedly on fairly indifferent wages.

If you look back at this thread, Prosser reads fairly constantly. With this considered, why are fans attitudes towards him fairly indifferent. If he has a bad game, people let him know. If Bentley has a bad game, people take it on the chin.

My point is that as a servant to our club, Prosser has been as good as anyone. More than anyone he's earned his place in this team, reportedly on fairly indifferent wages.

Some of us have been banging this drum for a long time....

I think Prossers performances seem to depend on who is alongside him.
Playing with Tiernan the lad has been rather good. With Phillips he seems to lose composure.

I think Prossers performances seem to depend on who is alongside him.
Playing with Tiernan the lad has been rather good. With Phillips he seems to lose composure.

Prosser has played with 4 different central defensive partners this year and has kept clean sheets with all 4.

In the league this year he's

conceded five goals alongside Phillips in seven starts (with three and a half* clean sheets).
conceded five goals in three starts (and a sub appearance) alongside Thompson (one clean sheet)
conceded six goals in six starts alongside Kiernan (two clean sheets)
yet to concede when played alongside John White (1 game only)

In the league last year he

didn't concede when played alongside Mohsni (mainly because Mohsni only lasted 23 minutes before getting sent off!)
conceded two goals when played alongside Spillane (1 game)
conceded 23 goals alongside Cresswell in 17 starts
conceded four goals in four games alongside Phillips (with 2 clean sheets)

Prosser/Phillips is IMO our best central defensive partnership, but Phillips is never good the first game back.

*Phillips went off injured v Bristol Rovers in the second half with it still goalless

Bentley, worth at least a goal a game.
Lenny, now he is (nearly) fit he has shown he can be a key player for this year and many seasons.
BBBC & FRED, as long as we have one fit at anytime we have a real goal threat in the side.

The thread is 'if the season ended now' Why on earth would Freddy be in your top 3?

For me having only seen 2 games so far I would go with:

1. Hurst
2. Prosser
3. Bentley

The thread is 'if the season ended now' Why on earth would Freddy be in your top 3?
It is a difficult choice for sure and opinions differ: Luke Prosser has certainly done very well, my reason for the gk I have explained. My reason for Ryan is mainly as he has done so well when played and I like to see young players show development and skills. I am only able to explain my inclusion of attackers as they are generally goals, danger and entertainment. Barry adds grit and menace but Fred adds the unexpected and skills of a level much higher than our league; it is a "shout" for passion and flair that has been missing from our team for too long.:omg:
And Fred is my 4th name on the list so I have been greedy and taken a bonus call!

Well for me PB is a player, maybe not on the field of play but certainly plays his part.So for me it would be:
1, PHIL BROWN
2.LEONARD ( what a great job PB has done in transforming him)
3.BENTLEY. But HURST and Straker and Coker came into it also.
They all been really good for SUFC, Hurst now added goalscoring to his reportiore, Straker another been transformed by PB ,and Coker plucked from obscurity and given another chance by PB has thrived.Mark my words this time next season we have anothe two we will all be talking about in Payne and Connor.

Back