• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we don't become involved now then when do we?

So a terrorist murders someone and we send in the troops

We tried that with Afghan a decade ago and are only just pulling out.

What do you think that would achieve exactly?

My fear is that the ISIS get so big they steam throughout the middle east and over run Israel,boom WW3.

I don't think that will happen. Mainly because, unlike the west, US, UK, EU who will drag their feet and hand wring until it's cost thousands of lives, Israel will put these animals back into the stone age the second they threaten their borders. Which frankly, works for me.

We get our house in order, we deal with terrorist Immans and anyone else peddling hate and un British fairness and way of life. We have Rockall out in the Atlantic as a place to put returning "fighters"!......
Do not forget the Woolich murder of Drummer Rigby is very recent and equally shaming for the reputation of the UK.

these people are from our shores - doing nothing doesn't seem to be working does it?

Sending the army in isnt going to achieve anything, its not world war II, they wont line up and meet us in battle. You send in the army they will disappear and blow our soliders to bits with IED's for the next 10 years.

Do people not learn anything?

You dont win against these people with big organised armies.

Wouldn't ISIS want us to call in airstrikes? Nothing makes it easier for terrorists to radicalise people than to have 'the enemy' start dropping bombs on your country, even if we didn't kill any innocents it wouldn't be hard for ISIS to claim that we had just to get people angry at the West and make them join ISIS to fight back. Doing anything in their countries will only escalate things. We need to focus on identifying terrorists in England and arrest them before they can kill anyone.

Why does it take the murder of an American to prompt everyone to action if you've got a strong enough stomach to watch Liveleak rather than the news you will realisse that

1) shocking atrocities are going in a number of conflicts all over the world
2) these are being performed by both sides in many conflicts
3) somewhere along the line the West is backing one side either overtly or covertly

My opinion FWIW. Cut the censorship and allow people to see the harsh reality of this barbarism. Sway global opinion into opening their eyes and demanding that this cannot go on in a 21st century society.

Just a warning LIVELEAK IS GRAPHIC. Avoid showing to minors who, fortunately, still retain some degree of innocence about the harsh realities of life.

Why does it take the murder of an American to prompt everyone to action if you've got a strong enough stomach to watch Liveleak rather than the news you will realisse that

1) shocking atrocities are going in a number of conflicts all over the world
2) these are being performed by both sides in many conflicts
3) somewhere along the line the West is backing one side either overtly or covertly

My opinion FWIW. Cut the censorship and allow people to see the harsh reality of this barbarism. Sway global opinion into opening their eyes and demanding that this cannot go on in a 21st century society.

Just a warning LIVELEAK IS GRAPHIC. Avoid showing to minors who, fortunately, still retain some degree of innocence about the harsh realities of life.

I am not sure which is more sadder people who behave in this barbaric way or those that have to watch it on a feed like Liveleak and post dont show to minors, what a sad world we live in today

UTS

Do they? Kids in China make decent clothes.

Yes they do. It's the people buying them that are worse than the people employing them. Anyway after my first comment I see Liveleak has succumbed and capitulated. Free media my arse. No-one gave a **** about the dozens of beheading videos available on there. One American (yes I know the history on others) and they've obviously been threatened. Throws my idea up the Swanee

Yep, anyone who doesn't want to integrate, accept, adapt to, and adopt the British way of life, values and laws has no place in our society and needs to find the first & quickest one way exit.

More facile and contemptible bollocks. You really don't think we would have a more peaceful existence without this kind of 'diversity' in our midst?

Sending the army in isnt going to achieve anything, its not world war II, they wont line up and meet us in battle. You send in the army they will disappear and blow our soliders to bits with IED's for the next 10 years.

Do people not learn anything?

You dont win against these people with big organised armies.

I'm talking about ground troops to train and if need be fight alongside locals. Despite what the politicians say, I don't think this is far off. But do tell me, how do you defeat people massacring innocent men,women,children and yes American journalists? My point is there are at least 500 perhaps up to a 1000 British citizens taking part in this and as a country, we need to be seen to act against it. What the hell are Turkey border control up to exactly ?

Back