• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we don't become involved now then when do we?

Looks like we are days away from British fighter jets being deployed.

A few years back, on one of the very few times I have gone out with people from work I was waiting for a late night train home and bumped into the mother of one I my son's nursery friends. We started talking about being home late and missing our children, and she then mentioned that her parents help out a lot since her husband is away an awful lot. She said he's only home about 2-3 weeks every 6 months.

I asked what he did. It turns out he's a fighter pilot in the RAF, and was then based in Norfolk, but was on secondment down in Southern Italy co-ordinating (i.e. not actually participating in) bombing attacks on Syria. The planes were actually RAF and were taking off from the UK, dropping their bombs, and then landing back in the UK.

I've met the guy once. You simply wouldn't believe that was his job. He's very quiet, obviously intelligent but has an almost awkward demeanour. (I didn't talk to him about flying as he'd probably find my PPL a bit mickey mouse!)

Every time something like this happens I can't help but wonder if/how he's involved, and curse the fact that their kids now go to a different school to mine!

The full list of the usual suspects including the amazingly awful SNP and certifiable Caroline Lucas

Full List
Labour (24)
Diane Abbott
Graham Allen
Anne Begg
Ronnie Campbell
Martin Caton
Katy Clark
Ian Davidson
Paul Flynn
Stephen Hepburn
Kate Hoey
Kelvin Hopkins
Sian James
Mark Lazraowicz
John McDonnell
Iain McKenzie
Austin Mitchell
Grahame Morris
George Mudie
Linda Riordan
Barry Sheerman
Dennis Skinner
Graham Stringer
Mike Wood
Jeremy Corbyn (Teller)
Plus: Rushanara Ali (abstention)
Conservatives (6)
Richard Bacon
John Baron
Gordon Henderson
Adam Holloway
Nigel Mills
Mark Reckless
Lib Dems (1)
Julian Huppert
SDLP (3)
Mark Durkan
Alasdair McDonnell
Margaret Ritchie
Plaid Cymru (2)
Jonathan Edwards
Hywel Williams
Respect (1)
George Galloway
SNP (5 and teller)
Stewart Hosie
Angus Roberton
Mike Weir
Eilidh Whiteford
Angus Brendan McNeill
Mike Wishart (Teller)
Green (1)
Caroline Lucas

I would very much love to be a pilot blowing them ****s up
some of the footage seen so far with the USA hitting there targets is great, taking out targets one by one and so spot on its almost Scarey but has to be done or its us that will suffer in the end:'(

I understand the Bimstone missile cost 500k ?,Expensive way of blowing up a jeep.

...but what those reports of costs fail to mention is that munitions have expiration dates and have to be used anyway. If they weren't being used to blow up a truckload of missiles being carried about for militants, they'd be being launched at dummy targets on a range somewhere as part of a training exercise.

In the meantime, here's a quote from the Algemeiner:

...reports emerged that as many as a dozen civilians, including women and young children, were killed when a Tomahawk missile struck the village of Kafr Daryan in Syria’s Idlib province on the morning of September 23

The silence is deafening.

Nearer 100k. Still expensive...

You are correct on both counts.

Watching the footage and I thought what a complete waste of time blowing up an old truck which appeared to be unmanned!

War is both silly and futile !

Watching the footage and I thought what a complete waste of time blowing up an old truck which appeared to be unmanned!

Tell that to the Kurds. I work occasionally with an Iraqi Kurd from Erbil. I had to look it up on Wikipedia as I'd never heard of it. Surprised to find it was one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world and had over a million residents. Now he loves and I mean loves the US. They are the only ones able to prevent his people being wiped out through genocide. Made me think. Not that I understand the Muslim world but it's clear to me without the west whole tribes and non muslims would be wiped out if we left them to it. It's simply something I don't beleive we can turn our back on.

.... and sadly inevitable. Welcome to the human race.

If we do nothing IS gain power, if we act maybe we stop that and help breed the next generation of terrorists angry at us attacking Muslims.

Can't win and it will go on indefinitely.

Tell that to the Kurds. I work occasionally with an Iraqi Kurd from Erbil. I had to look it up on Wikipedia as I'd never heard of it. Surprised to find it was one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world and had over a million residents. Now he loves and I mean loves the US. They are the only ones able to prevent his people being wiped out through genocide. Made me think. Not that I understand the Muslim world but it's clear to me without the west whole tribes and non muslims would be wiped out if we left them to it. It's simply something I don't beleive we can turn our back on.

As I understand it the Kurds wanted weapons from the West ,If true why not give them the arms required ?

Look at history especially when we become embroiled in the Middle East we and America solve nothing but make matters worse IMO .How long before one of the pilots are captured then paraded on TV or worse,Ground invasion becomes inevitable .

.... and sadly inevitable. Welcome to the human race.

If we do nothing IS gain power, if we act maybe we stop that and help breed the next generation of terrorists angry at us attacking Muslims.

Can't win and it will go on indefinitely.

Perhaps the West really want a never ending problem?

Back