• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we don't become involved now then when do we?

The West want a nice quiet middle east with easy oil.

The place is too messed up to solve and whatever we do will have consequences.

As I understand it the Kurds wanted weapons from the West ,If true why not give them the arms required ?

Look at history especially when we become embroiled in the Middle East we and America solve nothing but make matters worse IMO .How long before one of the pilots are captured then paraded on TV or worse,Ground invasion becomes inevitable .

I think you're actually agreeing with me. We cannot turn our back on these people. I don't think they have an air force or can fly the planes. The idea is we halt the advance from the air and the Kurds go forward and mop them up. As you can tell I'm not a military man but that's my understanding. I just wiki'ed Kurdish air force (there isn't one) and Iraqi air force and it seems although there is one it's a complete shambles.

I think you're actually agreeing with me. We cannot turn our back on these people. I don't think they have an air force or can fly the planes. The idea is we halt the advance from the air and the Kurds go forward and mop them up. As you can tell I'm not a military man but that's my understanding. I just wiki'ed Kurdish air force (there isn't one) and Iraqi air force and it seems although there is one it's a complete shambles.

No I don't agree with respect !

Our brave personnel should IMO be nowhere near that region as far too many paid the ultimate for what exactly?,Let the ruling classes go into battle theirselves.

Our brave personnel should IMO be nowhere near that region as far too many paid the ultimate for what exactly?,Let the ruling classes go into battle theirselves.

So we should let an organisation like IS just take control of the whole region and with it all of the oil.

How do you think IS being in charge of the Middle East would pan out for us ?

There lies the issue, put the army in and like in Afghan/Iraq spend 10 years and thousands of lives to achieve very little, or do nothing and watch a dangerous organisatin gain power and become an even bigger risk.

Really cant win over there whatever we do.

So we should let an organisation like IS just take control of the whole region and with it all of the oil.

There lies the issue, put the army in and like in Afghan/Iraq spend 10 years and thousands of lives to achieve very little, or do nothing and watch a dangerous organisatin gain power and become an even bigger risk.

Alll that nation building over the last thirteen years hasn't worked that well,has it?

None of us know the real story apart from government propaganda !

iS to gain power would need to overwhelm fairly powerful ME countries .

Well they seem to be doing ok taking control of Syria and Iraq, they dont have to control every country to be a massive problem.

Alll that nation building over the last thirteen years hasn't worked that well,has it?

If we had continued to build nations, rather than abdicating our responsibilities as a sop to Islamist apologists, IS would never have had a power vacuum to fill. The rise of Islamic State is directly attributable to the perceived weakness of the US under Obama, as is Putin's sabre rattling. You think these guys would have tried to pull this **** with Reagan in the White House?

I don't either. George Galloway is a ******!

This morning John Nickol said "in the 80s the RAF trained Iraqi pilots to bomb targets who then killed thousands of civilians yet in the 90s we were shooting down those very same pilots"

Political awareness required.

The West also assisted Osama Bin Laden to begin with.

Times change over decades.

The West also assisted Osama Bin Laden to begin with.

Times change over decades.

The West has assisted many of the so called tyrants then wish to kill them!

Recently read one of the best quotes IMO of all time with regards to Bin Laden.."we are led to believe a man living in a cave masterminded how to beat the world most protected country the USA" in reference to 9/11 attack.

ISIS (I think using their more recent choice of name shows them too much respect) are pure evil and I am shocked that they have become as powerful as they have. Due to the nature of their set up and the terain they operate from wiping them out is probably not possible but limiting them is something that should be done by any means necessary. Arab States and the West both recognise the need - methods are not clear cut though.

Back