• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 19 2006,12:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,12:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Sep. 19 2006,12:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,12:35)]i think you must have missed the reasons why they haven't paid it..
what good reasons are there for not paying your rent?!?

I can understand that some people have issues with huge rises in Council Taxes, as they seem unfair...

I still think it is not bad value.... after all, it is your contribution to the many services the council provides such as schools, roads, libraries, meals in the home, and rubbish collection, as well as the police, fire service and many other local services.

rock.gif
and name one of those service that isn't a shambles.
Meals on wheels, my mother in her 80's has them, the service is first class and the food excellent. However to take Pickledseal up there, they are not provided free of charge.
i have seen first hand experience, of an elderly lady who was completey ignored etc.. the service was crap for her..

very good idea, but ffs employ the right people..

Jamie Oliver.. for me as well .. I hope he crashes his V.W. camper van into the back of a juggernaut carrying 40 tons of Sainsburys curly frys with added salt and extra E numbers from 1 through to 55..

Tony Blair.. Before he retires and in typical mug English fashion everyone suddenly starts to like him again.

Gordon Brown.. Money grabbing sweaty who has ****ed more of the countrys wealth up the wall than anyone ever

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,12:35)]i think you must have missed the reasons why they haven't paid it..

I can understand that some people have issues with huge rises in Council Taxes, as they seem unfair...

I still think it is not bad value.... after all, it is your contribution to the many services the council provides such as schools, roads, libraries, meals in the home, and rubbish collection, as well as the police, fire service and many other local services.

rock.gif
Meals on wheels, my mother in her 80's has them, the service is first class and the food excellent. However to take Pickledseal up there, they are not provided free of charge.
I didn't mean that they were free, I think they are subsidised - I know for a fact they are in Cambridgeshire as my old housemates did a project on it.

The services may not be a shambles but imagine if we had to pay for our childrens school - £10,000 a year maybe?
Every road was a toll one (even to pop to the shops)
Libraries stopped exisiting - our literacy rate would fall
You had to pay for rubbsih collection - prb a tenner a week
and you had to get your credit card out every time you called the emergancy services before they even arrived!

Its far from perfect, but I'd rather have our system than that of a lot of other countries!

at least if we had to pay for stuff.. it stop's people who are here that shouldn't be, getting free health care etc..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Sep. 19 2006,13:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
I didn't mean that they were free, I think they are subsidised - I know for a fact they are in Cambridgeshire as my old housemates did a project on it.

The services may not be a shambles but imagine if we had to pay for our childrens school - £10,000  a year maybe?
Every road was a toll one (even to pop to the shops)
Libraries stopped exisiting - our literacy rate would fall
You had to pay for rubbsih collection - prb a tenner a week
and you had to get your credit card out every time you called the emergancy services before they even arrived!

Its far from perfect, but I'd rather have our system than that of a lot of other countries!
Sorry - I may not have got your meaning there. Yes they are subsidised and bloody good value. If the couple of little dollies I've seen delivering them are anything to go by, then roll on my dotage.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,13:11)]at least if we had to pay for stuff.. it stop's people who are here that shouldn't be, getting free health care etc..
I'm a teacher and I couldn't afford to pay for all those things.
I can afford my council tax though and that sees me okay.

A family friend got made unemployed and has struggled to get a job (he is 55) that will support his wife and 3 kids. If we lived in other countries he would be able to get no medical care, his kids would have to stop going to school, his rubbish wouldn't be collected and would have been f%&ked.
Luckily we live in Britain where he is cared for.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Sep. 19 2006,13:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,13:11)]at least if we had to pay for stuff.. it stop's people who are here that shouldn't be, getting free health care etc..

A family friend got made unemployed and has struggled to get a job (he is 55) that will support his wife and 3 kids. If we lived in other countries he would be able to get no medical care, his kids would have to stop going to school, his rubbish wouldn't be collected and would have been f%&ked.
smile.gif
yes... but unfortunately, he isn't priority case... because people who aren't entitled to it, get it first!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,13:37)]
[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif
yes... but unfortunately, he isn't priority case... because people who aren't entitled to it, get it first!!!!!!!!!!
Stop Fishing.......

If you aren't entitled to it you don't get it.

you seem to be confusing "non entitled" with "I don't think they should be entitled"........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 19 2006,14:04)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif
Stop Fishing.......

you seem to be confusing "non entitled" with "I don't think they should be entitled"........
i'm not fishing..

jeez, my opinions must be so off the scale all the time, if people think i am fishing constantly.. i might as well take it up as a living..
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 19 2006,10:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 19 2006,10:23)]1. Bin Laden
2. Bush
3. Ahmedinajad

Whilst I don't condone killing, or believe in the death penalty, or admire assassinations, you have to admit that the world would be a fair bit safer and nicer without those three kicking around.

rock.gif
Making martyrs of them is probably just about the worse thing that we could do.
Oh, I'm not suggesting anything glamorous such as martyrdom. I'm suggesting a cyanide-coated digestive with their tea... being "accidentally" knocked down by the number 43 bus... leaving the gas-ring on and accidentally having all the windows shut.

Whither the martydom then, smarty-pants?!

tounge.gif

CSJ for hi-jacking almost every thread.

Pickledseal for stirring it up.

And lets say, ohh, FM13 as he rarely posts anymore and probably wont see this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,14:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 19 2006,14:04)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

smile.gif
Stop Fishing.......

i'm not fishing..

jeez, my opinions must be so off the scale all the time, if people think i am fishing constantly.. i might as well take it up as a living..  
suspect.gif
An hour or so at the jobcentre again today was a real eye-opener. Whether CS J was fishing or not there is much truth to his statements.

What I witnessed today was nothing short of systematic and organised fraud that my old dead Granny could have spotted a mile off (I believe it masquerades as an emergency assistance claim) but this group of reprobates virtually admitted as soon as they'd been given a massive handout that they would be straight down the boozer to **** the whole lot up the wall.

Meanwhile, just over 2 months after redundancy, they still can't confirm to me a) whether I'm entitled to contributions based Jobseekers allowance b) whether they are prepared to ensure my stamp is kept up to date. I'm not overly fussed about a) but I'll be extremely hacked off if (when) they completely f%&k b) up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 19 2006,20:29)]CSJ for hi-jacking almost every thread.

i t'ink you have posted that in the wrong thread..

try "things that annoy you"

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 21 2006,07:51)]1. George W Bush - the biggest threat to world peace.

And that's it ...
I understand that you are trying to make a point (same with D62SUBOY) by chosing just one person, and don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of dubya, but surely you could include a whole host of terrorist leaders since even if you don't believe they are the biggest threat to world peace, surely they aren't good for peace.

George W Bush and his Christian extremist policies have inflamed the Middle East almost to the point of no return. The man is an idiot and he is advised by a whole cabal of idiots. Any sane person would have realised that the problems of the Middle East needed a long period of dialogue. Instead, Bush has gone in with all guns blazing and has turned the region into one of death and destruction. He's turning the United States into an insular society that doesn't give a damn about the rest of the world so long as they are alright, jack. In fact, you're right. I should include Bush in a list of terrorist leaders. Because that's what he is ... a terrorist ...

Spoken as if you were Michael Moore himself. Who also has blinkered vision. Im suprised at an ex squaddie who served in Bosnia and saw first hand what despots and power mad mullars are capable of but choices to rip apart his own side.

1) Cristiano Ronaldo - (shame, he is in my dream team, but worth it)

2) Waterloo Station (have you ever been there during rush hour!? Muppetts everywhere!)

3) Arjen Robben (diving poof)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Sep. 19 2006,20:29)]CSJ for hi-jacking almost every thread.

smile.gif
Stirring it up? I just disagree with some people on here, and voice that.
Thats what the pub is for surely!?

Back