• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ignore the table for a minute

DTS

The Business
would you most like to get relegated and for what reason in our league ?

BAR ORIENT OF COURSE AS WE ALL WANT THAT.!!!!!

Personally would love to see the following 2 go down.

DARLINGTON -

Personally one of my most hated teams. Most teams in the summer go to a FA run training camp - Darlo go to a Bin-Laden run camp.

If there is a dirty trick in the book they will no it. Play a cross between Rugby and Street Fighting- Grim fans and place and far to far North.

SWANSEA -

Scummy fans and again most horrible place bar Hull i have ever had to go too. Hate everything about them - Ground is the pits - No words can really descirbe my deteste for this mob.

NOTTS COUNTY - Never forgiven them for the Anglo-Italian Cup semi-final.

RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS - Plastic, made up, pretend club with no support now Mr Doc Martens has pulled out his money and stopped bussing fans in for nothing.

Rusdhen & Diamonds : without the money behind them, they're suddenly nothing and it looks as if they'll be heading back into the realm of non-league obscurity very soon anyway. I can't abide these teams who charge through the system on the back of wad of cash.

I can't really nominate anyone else in this division, not even Leyton Orient. Let's face it, we'd miss the rivalry.

As for others, the almost religious mantra that sweeps through the pub each week calling for another defeat of MK Franchise Scum Dons is getting louder and louder. Hopefully divine intervention will ensure that this team is relegated to the basement and, with any luck, disappears straight through into the non-league pyramid, passed at some point by the good ship AFC Wimbledon, with their merry fans waving gleefully from the railings, as they sail up through the system.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 16 2005,10:15)]RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS - Plastic, made up, pretend club with no support now Mr Doc Martens has pulled out his money and stopped bussing fans in for nothing.
Whaddayaknow?!

Great minds, etc ...

WS

wink.gif

Swansea - Just look at the area

Boston - Bloody sandy pitch! Cheats Shouldnt even be in the football league!

mad.gif
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,10:11)]BAR ORIENT OF COURSE AS WE ALL WANT THAT.!!!!!

I don't want Orient to go down, sure it would be funny, but if we are still in this division next season we'll have no 'local' team. The same goes for the scum, if we go up this season i certainly don't want the scum to be relegated as we wouldn't be able to beat them again.

As for this division i'd like to see Rushden go, as has been stated now the money has dried up so have they.

Also Boston a club that cheated their way up. Who said cheats never prosper cos Boston are doing perfectly well on the back of it.

What would be nicer though would be if Milton Keynes suddenly had some real fraud problems and the FA relegated them 2 divisions, what a shame that would be, I even wanted the scum to beat them yesterday as at least Col Ewe haven't destroyed the fabric of a football club.

Boston - proven to be cheating in their narrow promotion but both the club and the manager given a paltry punishment by the FA. The only way justice can prevail is if they go down but that's not going to be much good for D & R now.

Oxford - no small part of this can be given to the world famous ******** oxoman but my dislike is even greater than that caused by him. Reasons include rubbish ground, fans that think they belong in 'the Championship' and the whole Atkins saga.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Jan. 16 2005,11:05)]Boston - Bloody sandy pitch! Cheats Shouldnt even be in the football league!
To borrow a phrase from ORM : bad year for grapes?

I thought we all knew by now that the reason Boston put sand on the pitch was to ensure that it didn't freeze and that the game could go ahead. From what I've been heard, it was only for that game, it's not been sandy all season.

In any case, Boston didn't seem to have a problem, did they?!

WS

So the real blame for our defeat at Boston is the sand? Despite the fact that Boston managed to play AND score two goals on the same sandy pitch?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,14:52)]So the real blame for our defeat at Boston is the sand? Despite the fact that Boston managed to play AND score two goals on the same sandy pitch?!

WS
If a team plays and trains week in week out on a particular type of pitch (sandy, long grass, plastic spring to mind) then they will have an advantage over teams that don't. Lincoln continue to prosper on their long grass. Plastic pitches were banned partly because of the unfair advantage gained.

In fact, especially as you say that Boston only had sand on for that one fixture, I don't blame that for our defeat. It was clearly The Eagle's fault for missing an open goal, and he should be publicly flogged. But "prepared" pitches have a long and dis-honourable history in football and do give home teams an edge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 16 2005,15:31)]... "prepared" pitches have a long and dis-honourable history in football and do give home teams an edge.
... which one would expect. So why on earth Boston United are being labelled as cheats is beyond logical reason.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,20:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 16 2005,15:31)]... "prepared" pitches have a long and dis-honourable history in football and do give home teams an edge.
... which one would expect. So why on earth Boston United are being labelled as cheats is beyond logical reason.

WS
Because it is cheating, in the same way that diving in the box, or pretending that you've been smacked in the face with a 2 by 4 when someone puts their face close to yours is cheating. It's still wrong, but there is no point in whining about it. Just get on with it, and learn for next time. (Unless you are Wayne Rooney, who seems incapable of learning anything from his past experiences).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 16 2005,20:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,20:22)]
[b said:

WS
Because it is cheating, in the same way that diving in the box, or pretending that you've been smacked in the face with a 2 by 4 when someone puts their face close to yours is cheating. It's still wrong, but there is no point in whining about it. Just get on with it, and learn for next time.
I'm still not convinced that they can be accused of cheating though ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,21:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 16 2005,20:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,20:22)]
[b said:

WS
Because it is cheating, in the same way that diving in the box, or pretending that you've been smacked in the face with a 2 by 4 when someone puts their face close to yours is cheating. It's still wrong, but there is no point in whining about it. Just get on with it, and learn for next time.
I'm still not convinced that they can be accused of cheating though ...

WS
"Pushing the envelope?"

wow.gif

The sand doesn't make them cheats. In fact, I thought they played pretty good football in getting up.

It was more to do with the financial side of the club though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,20:22)]
[b said:

WS
Mike they cheated their way into the league from the conference, with irregular payments to enduce players to join them. By the time the league woke upto this Boston were up and on the following seasons fixture list. So Evans their manager was banned and has been allowed back only recently, so they would get my vote along with Swansea because their Welsh and shouldn't be in the English league in the first place along with Wrexham and Cardiff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 17 2005,08:20)]so how do you known they have not had sand on the pitch all season?
We were told on the radio. They had put sand down the day before in an attempt to stop the pitch freezing and making it unplayable.

WS

Back