• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im done with this shower of.......

can you share this rumour ... maybe in general terms - money ?? women ?? wages ??
I'll try and get it 100% confirmed before I say any more but it does include money. If true then the player involved can go **** himself

Sorry I must be missing something here. I should add I'm not including the youngsters in this and I also do agree with @Leigh_Seasider that these sort of performances does suggest that something else must be up, but I cannot agree that all of these players are giving their all just because previous managers haven't left them in decent physical conditions.

You say all of them were putting their bodies and careers on the line yesterday but then suggest that some of them are not up for it and can leave. Which one is it cause they can't be both?

I'm fully behind Sol. This isn't on him one bit. Yes there may be a few questions after yesterday as it appears he's gone for a style that Bond was criticised for but this isn't his squad. He'll be doing everything he can to get as many points as possible up until January when he can hopefully make an impact on this "team". How many points that'll be is obviously up for massive debate! I still believe we'll go down but with the mass exodus expected, next season will be his and I'm massively confident he'll be a success here.

We look like a team that doesn't know / like each other and after a rumour I was told yesterday, if true, may go a long as to why this squad is so disconnected. The sooner this lot go the better.

As for the shopping comment, you wouldn't keep going back to a restaurant if the food you were being serviced was **** would you? Actually by the sounds of it you probably would.

EnJoY tHe GaMe
I seem to have deleted my post rather than edit is as I meant to .. oh well .. the sentiment was that it’s the more senior pros that haven’t stepped up to the mark this season .. have gone missing for whatever reason (not just because they are s**t .. ) and it isn’t the young lads that have let us down like Hutch, Elvis, Bishop, Kelman etc that are worth hanging on to. I think I also said berating and hurling abuse at said players does little good. It’s hard times for all SUFC fans but I’ll be going .. regardless. Incidentally it made me smile to see this on my afternoon walk.. we ain’t the pride of Essex right now but will be again!!8162B511-BEA4-4271-AAB8-E57354DFBF68.jpeg

Most goals conceded at home record is 63.

We have 30 in 9 games.

Exactly that and for that reason I remain hopeful despite the worst season I’ve ever experienced as a Southend fan. Like I say I hope we don’t get to that point as undoubtedly it’s harder to get out of that division now. You’d definitely need a team of battlers to get out of there. I watched that documentary on Salford .. that was telling.

Sadly it’s easy to get out of the fourth division in the direction we are going.

Just ask previously well established League sides like Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Luton, Bristol Rovers, Leyton Orient, Notts County, Stockport, Halifax, York, Doncaster, Col U, Torquay, Exeter, Wrexham, Newport, Tranmere, Mansfield, Hartlepool, Darlington, Grimsby, Chesterfield and Aldershot just for starters.

If that list isn't enough, try the Johnny come latelys like Yeovil, Scarborough, Dagenham, Barnet, Rushden, Cheltenham, Maidstone, Hereford, Cambridge and Oxford themselves.

I saw a number of National League games last season and, make no mistake, we would be heading for the National League South as proved by our pitiful ‘performance’ against Dover. By that time I guess we would have gone bust and disappeared altogether.

Sadly it’s easy to get out of the fourth division in the direction we are going.

Just ask previously well established League sides like Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Luton, Bristol Rovers, Leyton Orient, Notts County, Stockport, Halifax, York, Doncaster, Col U, Torquay, Exeter, Wrexham, Newport, Tranmere, Mansfield, Hartlepool, Darlington, Grimsby, Chesterfield and Aldershot just for starters.

If that list isn't enough, try the Johnny come latelys like Yeovil, Scarborough, Dagenham, Barnet, Rushden, Cheltenham, Maidstone, Hereford, Cambridge and Oxford themselves.

I saw a number of National League games last season and, make no mistake, we would be heading for the National League South as proved by our pitiful ‘performance’ against Dover. By that time I guess we would have gone bust and disappeared altogether.
With our current team we’d struggle there yes. If the worst happened and we ended up in the NL we’d hopefully have a whole new team. That Humphrys goal against Sunderland was way more important than we ever imagined.

With our current team we’d struggle there yes. If the worst happened and we ended up in the NL we’d hopefully have a whole new team. That Humphrys goal against Sunderland was way more important than we ever imagined.

Wrexham are a well supported club.

They’ve been there ten years!

Luton took about four to escape.

It doesn’t bear thinking about, especially at my age.

I suspect though that if we are relegated we will go bust.

It's November in a League 1 season and we are contemplating relegation from the National League !

It's November in a League 1 season and we are contemplating relegation from the National League !

I think unless things radically change it's a distinct possibility. Total clear out required.

I won't spend 4 hours on the M1,M25 & A127 there and back, probably £10 in petrol and £22 for a ticket to watch 11 men who seem to all hate each other run around for 90mins and get humiliated. Sad times.

Sol has said he cannot wait until January, so I am sure he see's what we do and much more. He is no fool, despite what some say about him.

There are many rumors floating around at the moment, some of them may be true and others more likely the product of peoples frustration.

Will I still go. Yes despite I keep saying I won't.

We as fans need to stand together and prove we are stronger, bigger and more dedicated to this club than most of the current players. If we start boycotting then a place in NL and the potential for the club to become a 'once known team' in Essex will become more of a reality.

I'll still turn up to watch any match that I can. It's my team and has been for over sixty years. This is the worst season of those years but, in a perverse way, it's kind of fascinating to see how bad we are and how little impact the new manager(s) have. It comes to something when Gary Waddock has been more successful than more famous names like Chris Powell, Kevin Bond and Sol Campbell. It's fascinating to see the same dire tactics and formations used week in week out. If Sol Campbell wants to create a high class footballing team he should go to somewhere like Crewe Alexandra where almost all the players have come through the club's academy and been coached to play that way - much more fertile ground for his ideas than our players who seem incapable of playing to his system. Crewe will likely pass by us into League One next season with a largely home grown team that plays for the honour of wearing the shirt of their club. How many of ours do that?

Yes, I will still go. It's my club, and I will be able to say that I was there in the 2019/20 season when we shipped over a hundred goals and attained a record low number of points. Or the season when we went on a 15 game winning run from February and avoided the drop. Fascinating.

I'll still turn up to watch any match that I can. It's my team and has been for over sixty years. This is the worst season of those years but, in a perverse way, it's kind of fascinating to see how bad we are and how little impact the new manager(s) have. It comes to something when Gary Waddock has been more successful than more famous names like Chris Powell, Kevin Bond and Sol Campbell. It's fascinating to see the same dire tactics and formations used week in week out. If Sol Campbell wants to create a high class footballing team he should go to somewhere like Crewe Alexandra where almost all the players have come through the club's academy and been coached to play that way - much more fertile ground for his ideas than our players who seem incapable of playing to his system. Crewe will likely pass by us into League One next season with a largely home grown team that plays for the honour of wearing the shirt of their club. How many of ours do that?

Yes, I will still go. It's my club, and I will be able to say that I was there in the 2019/20 season when we shipped over a hundred goals and attained a record low number of points. Or the season when we went on a 15 game winning run from February and avoided the drop. Fascinating.

What you are describing is self-harm.
The NHS state:
Self-harm is when somebody intentionally damages or injures their body. It's usually a way of coping with or expressing overwhelming emotional distress.

This team damage your soul, to find it fascinating is gross masochisiam!?

The club is the most important thing - by all means have a moan but turn up. End of

Due to work commitments I don’t get to go as often as I’d like, the last game I went to was Fleetwood some months ago. Today I find myself caught in two minds. In a couple of weeks I am available to go to Rotherham at home but for the first time ever, I’m not entirely sure I want to. Normally I’d snap tickets up as soon as I know I’m off for the weekend but given our current state I just don't know if I want to. On one hand I’m thinking “just go, support the team through good and bad.. especially bad right now”.. on the other it’s “**** them, they don’t deserve my support any longer”. I do feel slightly guilty for currently not going even though I’m free. It’s a horrible situation we are in with no real sign of things getting any better.

I asked my 10 year old if he was up for the Rotherham game as we always go to RH together when he’s with me .. he said “no I don’t want to, we’re going to lose”. First time he’s ever said that.

A lot depends, for me, on what we learn from each game.

I think Sol realised 3-5-2 wasn't working and changed it to 4-4-2 which looked a bit better.

We have two away matches now. If he sticks with his original plan A and we get tonked, then I think people will vote with their feet, if not already.

Sol has said he cannot wait until January, so I am sure he see's what we do and much more. He is no fool, despite what some say about him.

There are many rumors floating around at the moment, some of them may be true and others more likely the product of peoples frustration.

Will I still go. Yes despite I keep saying I won't.

We as fans need to stand together and prove we are stronger, bigger and more dedicated to this club than most of the current players. If we start boycotting then a place in NL and the potential for the club to become a 'once known team' in Essex will become more of a reality.

What rumours are those?

Said it before & I’ll say it again, this isn’t just about turning our backs on crap footballers.

We’ve all seen poor squads & even poorer individuals over the years. But we’ve always shown up in remarkable numbers, to support them. It’s just part & parcel of supporting a lower league team.

What people can not & will not tolerate, is a bunch of players who are mugging the fans off. Players who don’t care. Players who have no professional pride. Players who don’t want to be here. Players who have treated this great club of ours, like a ****ing gravy train.

I’d say there’s probably at least half a dozen, who want out right now & couldn't give two ****s what happens to our club. Look at whose contracts are up in the summer, and look at their contribution so far this season. There’s your problem.

Then look at the two who were declared “injured” for yesterday, but still took part in the training session after the game. There’s your problem.

Look at Sol saying there are players who aren’t playing at the moment for various reasons. There’s your problem

It’s all just utter bollocks. These ****s don’t deserve our support.

We, the fans are Southend United. Not these cowardly fannies who currently pull on our shirt. We’ll be here long after they’ve ****ed off to Scotland, non-league or retirement obscurity. We’ll be here to support the new players & the new staff in the inevitable re-build.

But for now, I can’t & won’t support this lot. It’s the principle of the matter.

Back