• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm in a quandary - what would you lot do?

In a way i think you have answered your own questions. I guess it would be different if you had family around but sometimes you just have to take the chance and see where life takes you, besides you have the house to come back to if it does't work out.

i like it i like cannot polish a **** very good, and no i wont keep it zipped its far to important to stop this country of ours going down the ****per, in years to come lets hope some of us can say they did their bit

VIRUS ALERT! 27th February 2007

bnppro worm attacks messageboards rendering other posters defenceless.
Another sympton to look out for is the hijacking of all threads with irrelevant and pointless drivel.

REMOVAL OF VIRUS :

The best way to remove bnppro worm is actually quite simple, rather than engaging it, just simply ignore and in time the bile will disappear.

And back to topic.

i like it i like cannot polish a **** very good, and no i wont keep it zipped its far to important to stop this country of ours going down the ****per, in years to come lets hope some of us can say they did their bit
So far you are doing a stirling job for the anti bnp camp.
Keep up the good work TMWLT.
Ps..Hows the Panto work going?

You started the thread by mentioning less pressure - but you are maybe considering working in the building trade . Sounds pretty tough to me .

On the positive side you won't have to sit near that winker with the drum

You started the thread by mentioning less pressure - but you are maybe considering working in the building trade . Sounds pretty tough to me .

On the positive side you won't have to sit near that winker with the drum

I wouldn't really call hard graft and manual labour as particularly pressure orientated.

When I mentioned pressure in my original post perhaps I should have expanded upon that and included the general pace of life, the fact that so much of our lives here in the UK seem to be so orientated around money and material things.
After spending the better part of 27 years working to get to where I am now it's the general pace of life in Spain that really appeals to me. I'm under no illusions that whatever trade I take up over there, should I go, that it's going to be a challenge with plenty of hard work involved.

Not being a literary genius it's difficult to put into words exactly what I mean but I hope some of you get the gist ;)

Not necessarily ...

Glad to see you have given a detailed and backed up claim to that Mike :p

The UK is ridiculously expensive. Of course, generally wages are higher, however that still does not leave things level IMO. The biggest thing is obviously houses prices. Across Europe they may have risen, but they are still way way behind the UK average. Keep your prime asset (house!) and then the rent ticking over and you will see yourself ok financially.

Glad to see you have given a detailed and backed up claim to that Mike :p

The UK is ridiculously expensive. Of course, generally wages are higher, however that still does not leave things level IMO. The biggest thing is obviously houses prices. Across Europe they may have risen, but they are still way way behind the UK average. Keep your prime asset (house!) and then the rent ticking over and you will see yourself ok financially.

Nothing lasts forever and I am in the property business...I can forsee a huge crash later this year....People can no longer afford these ridiculous Uk prices.

:)

OK, well, we get a lot of Brits coming out here on the belief that you can buy a beer for 2 cents and a whole week's shopping for less than a euro. It's cheap, but not that cheap. Most of these people shop in BRITISH supermarkets and wonder why their weekly shopping bill is MORE than it was in the UK. They then wander off to drink in the local BRITISH pub and wonder why their pint of BRITISH beer is almost as much as (if not more than) a pint in the UK. Every morning they buy their BRITISH newspapers (definitely more than the UK) and complain about the lack of integration in the UK!

Nothing lasts forever and I am in the property business...I can forsee a huge crash later this year....People can no longer afford these ridiculous Uk prices.

As I've seen "experts" on TV forecasting this for the last god knows how many years, I think I'll have to reserve judgement on that.

House prices may slow down IMO, but while you have a whole generation of first time buyers still in a very very long queue, the market will not crash IMO.

Back