• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
Good luck to you OBD. There will be little point coming on this thread as the same people will now bully anyone with a different view.

Not sure if they really don't understand the no forwards statement or like CP and PB before that are deliberately acting dumb in order to sneer at everything and anything he says or does......Anyway who really cares.

If you do upset the mob on the way to the ducking stall be prepared to receive abusive personal messages on Saturday night if we lose etc. I collected them like badges of honour but some including one of my favourite posters is no more.

Best not to vote in the Inevitable poll we will soon have......You will be called out for any support.

Whilst people have a right to an opinion I think its time for the mods to learn from the past and look at repetitive two line posts or threads by the same people who clearly have an agenda.
I don't see how anyone can have an agenda, end of the day a few blokes spouting off and letting off steam on a forum isn't going to affect Ron's judgement.

As for getting abusive personal messages that's totally unacceptable.

Good luck to you OBD. There will be little point coming on this thread as the same people will now bully anyone with a different view.

Not sure if they really don't understand the no forwards statement or like CP and PB before that are deliberately acting dumb in order to sneer at everything and anything he says or does......Anyway who really cares.

If you do upset the mob on the way to the ducking stall be prepared to receive abusive personal messages on Saturday night if we lose etc. I collected them like badges of honour but some including one of my favourite posters is no more.

Best not to vote in the Inevitable poll we will soon have......You will be called out for any support.

Whilst people have a right to an opinion I think its time for the mods to learn from the past and look at repetitive two line posts or threads by the same people who clearly have an agenda.

If you had abusive PM's from others, you should have reported them to the Mods, we can't actually act on something we do not know about.

Opinions are exactly the reason these forums exist. It would be a dull place if everybody agreed with everyone else...This isn't Robot city.. Just because somebody does not agree with your personel point of view is fine. There is no right or wrong here, it it just that, peoples views and opinions.. We welcome them all and @Onion_Bag_Dave has added a great point of view (His) to the discussions.

Last edited:
If you had abusive PM's from others, you should have reported them to the Mods, we can't actually act on something we do not know about.

Opinions are exactly the reason these forums exist. It would be a dull place if everybody agreed with everyone else...This isn't Robot city.. Just because somebody does not agree with your personel point of view is fine. There is no right or wrong here, it it just that, peoples views and opinions.. We welcome them all and OBD has added a great point of view (His) to the discussions.

Most of them i answered myself but I did report one person who sent several and wouldn't stop... Ricey dealt with it swiftly and they have never contacted me since.

I was actually following on from your recent thread, not saying who is right or wrong.

Things will get a lot worse on here before they get better and I for one don't want to see the same points of 3 different threads. I was going to post on the post match thread but it was soon hi-jacked.

As from today I may also have a conflict of interest, so i will take a back seat for a while.

Surely an arranged fight outside the Hope Hotel at 8pm tomorrow evening would be a better way to sort this out?

I'll be there from midday.

Look I’m not going to defend bond or the team unless they deserve it. I don’t think we did get swept aside last night.

Not knowing our strongest team. That’s so common. I’m pretty sure unless you’ve got the same 11 from the season before and the same manager. The opening games are always of a similar shape. Try various bits and pieces.

I have to say, I love the style, but I do think we should pick our moments with it. I’d prefer to consolidate in the first 10 and then go from there.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with playing the same way even after we concede.

As Gareth Southgate said at the start “trust the process.” I was thinking about it and comparing with England’s set up. We’re doing similar stuff to that style. It wasnt great to start with. The players began to trust it out of sheer stubbornness and it worked. I’m not doing a like for like comparison I’m just saying it’s sort of a similar feel.

The thing that does my head in is we play a certain way and the fans love it because it’s working (yesterday at half time). We concede and some fans start questioning it and booing a side ways pass.

If they lumped it in the box they’d also boo.

It can’t be only applauded when it works. Stick by a philosophy and grow it.

The call will be made if it needs to be made.

I get that manager's may not know their strongest XI, that there may be a few question marks but the spine of the team should be there to build around. So other than Milligan what's Bond's spine that he's building around? What's the shape or partnerships he's building around?

We have a mid-table League 2 side at best. To be fair to Bond, it can’t be easy to build anything from it.

Time for him to go.

My faith that wasn't strong to begin with has now been well and truly lost :

Will never understand his decision to put a clearly not match fit Ridgewell in against Blackpool and then have to sub him at half time at 0-3 - genius!

Will never understand playing a Centre Forward in Goodship on the wing when we have a winger on the bench.

Will never understand playing a Right Back in Bwonomo on the wing when we have a winger on the bench.

Will never understand a formation with two wingers/wide men when we only had one fit winger/wide man in the squad.

Will never understand any of his post or pre match interviews.

Will never forgive 'Arry for recommending him to Ron.

I have concluded that my level of understanding of football is sadly lacking.

We have a mid-table League 2 side at best. To be fair to Bond, it can’t be easy to build anything from it.

Time for him to go.

That's not true. We have some very capable players in this team. They are just being mismanaged

Back