• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is something I feel really strongly about, and some will probably think 'what is all the fuss about?' but to me it matters, and it matters alot!!!!
why ohh why do the clubs board, not show any respect to our clubs nick name 'The Shrimpers'. We are 'The Shrimpers' after all!!
Like Everton Are the Toffees
Man U are the Red Devils
Newcastle are the Mapies
Arsenal the Gunners
they are not
the blues
the reds
the black and whites
the reds

It really f%&ks me off, Why are the board so pesistant of us loosing our identity, and please dont tell me its because of Copy right or anything like that!!! Its our clubs nickname for f%&k sake!!

I have just been on the online shop, and its the blues this and the blues that, they are even selling cards with t'he seasiders' on them, but still no shrimpers!!! the programme is ' the blues' we even got a fucling eel with Hair before we got our beloved shrimp back. Yes shrimps are declining badly in the Thames, but that doesnt mean they should be down at the hall....................

deep breaths

A genuine question - how would you feel if the p.a called for us before the match, to cheer on 'the mighty shrimpers!' wouldnt you think it was a bit...well...lame?

I am a shrimper of that there is no doubt, Im happy we got our mascot back and most of the press refers to us as the shrimpers.

Totaly aggree here. I hate us bieng known as 'the blues'.

mad.gif

saying that I saw a car sticker proudly claiming ' I follow the blues' and felt dead chuffed until I realised it was a Chelsea one

The nickname the blues is such a derogatory, basic and uncharacteristic nickname that is used by many clubs who wear blue. 'The Shrimpers' is original and gives a sense of individuality to the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Oct. 19 2005,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Oct. 19 2005,13:28)]'SHRIMPERS' Trust
wink.gif
ere I'm on't committee too

tounge.gif

I'll start quoting Gonger Frost shortly.  
biggrin.gif
So am I
biggrin.gif

Quoting Who !!!!!!!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 19 2005,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Oct. 19 2005,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Oct. 19 2005,13:28)]'SHRIMPERS' Trust
wink.gif
ere I'm on't committee too

tounge.gif

I'll start quoting Gonger Frost shortly.
biggrin.gif
So am I
biggrin.gif

Quoting Who !!!!!!!
wow.gif
Paul I can't believe you've not seen my previous posts on this subject. Gonger Frost was one of the players who moved from Southend Collegians to Blues (sorry all) when it was founded in 1906. He played for us till 1920. In 1946 he stood for the council quoting his impeccable credentials as a proud member of a fishing family and a player for SUFC when the club was founded. He mentioned the club several times and he called the club by a nickname. You'd think he'd know what the locals and fans knew the club by.
It was of course.....

wait for it.....................

sorry all.......the Blues

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Oct. 19 2005,14:13)]Paul I can't believe you've not seen my previous posts on this subject. Gonger Frost was one of the players who moved from Southend Collegians to Blues (sorry all) when it was founded in 1906. He played for us till 1920. In 1946 he stood for the council quoting his impeccable credentials as a proud member of a fishing family and a player for SUFC when the club was founded. He mentioned the club several times and he called the club by a nickname. You'd think he'd know what the locals and fans knew the club by.
It was of course.....

wait for it.....................

sorry all.......the Blues

biggrin.gif
Ahh clear as Mud now
biggrin.gif

This should be another FAQ pinned at the top.

This Shrimpers/Blues thing crops up about every 6 months.

Personally i think we are the shrimpers but at a game i wouldn't shout "come on you shrimpers"

Back