• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
Recently had my car written off on Saturday night.
Some genius in a massive Toyota pickup truck decided to smash into me at 30 mph ish whilst I was going round a corner, blatantly was drunk and he drove off (scum) BRILLIANT!

But basically, I'm in need of a car as it is how I get to Uni everyday in Colshitster.

I'm after a VW Golf 1.4L - 1.6L about 2002 or newer.

But to be honest I will look at anything really.

Any help would be quality, I've endlessly been looking at Auto trader etc, so just wondered if any of you know anyone who are privately selling their car.

Thanks a lot.

Dave

If you can afford a car, you can afford tuition fees. Students these days, i **** em.

Recently had my car written off on Saturday night.Some genius in a massive Toyota pickup truck decided to smash into me at 30 mph ish whilst I was going round a corner, blatantly was drunk and he drove off (scum) BRILLIANT!

But basically, I'm in need of a car as it is how I get to Uni everyday in Colshitster.

I'm after a VW Golf 1.4L - 1.6L about 2002 or newer.

But to be honest I will look at anything really.

Any help would be quality, I've endlessly been looking at Auto trader etc, so just wondered if any of you know anyone who are privately selling their car.

Thanks a lot.

Dave

I take it you aren't studying English Language?

Dave,
Are you not covered by your insurance? as I know some insurance companies will meet the cost of an uninsured driver without it affecting your no claims (only because this happened to us a while back)

Dave,
Are you not covered by your insurance? as I know some insurance companies will meet the cost of an uninsured driver without it affecting your no claims (only because this happened to us a while back)

I am only insured Third Party Fire and Theft, and not going to claim on my insurance as have been advised not to.
It is being dealt with and I will hopefully get some kind of money from the Motor Insurance Bureau.
Cheers for a reply though.

Car is worth about 1,300 and the cost for repair would be more than 1,500 quid.
Massive dent pushed onto my rear wheel, passenger door shunted together and not able to be opened, drivers seat twisted. The whole car is completely twisted.
Not a great position to be in.

Ohwell, at least my I'm not dead which would probably be worse than not having a car for the moment!

Toyota pickup truck decided to smash into me at 30 mph ish

Massive dent pushed onto my rear wheel, passenger door shunted together and not able to be opened, drivers seat twisted. The whole car is completely twisted.

Is you car made of tin foil? lol

Seriously, it'd definitly be a write off. If the B post has caved in, then you might find the floor will have warped, meaning the only correct way to fix it, would be using a jig. Instantly a lot of money. Might also need some jig work on the boot floor, depending on how far the quarter has been pushed in (must admit i'm not too sure of a Polo's frame).

Might aswell scrap it tbh, I think the going rate is £100 per tonne, last time I heard, could have gone down by now though.

Is you car made of tin foil? lol

Seriously, it'd definitly be a write off. If the B post has caved in, then you might find the floor will have warped, meaning the only correct way to fix it, would be using a jig. Instantly a lot of money. Might also need some jig work on the boot floor, depending on how far the quarter has been pushed in (must admit i'm not too sure of a Polo's frame).

Might aswell scrap it tbh, I think the going rate is £100 per tonne, last time I heard, could have gone down by now though.

It isn't made from Tin Foil however the Toyota pickup truck was massive, and I was turning into a corner he could have been going faster I'm not completely sure.

It was this type of thing;

670_Pick_up_truck_007.jpg

The whole car is completely twisted and warped.
You can get a guaranteed 250 quid ish now for scrapping.

It's only done 50,000 miles. Heart broken. GRIM!

Cheers for the advice!

Back