• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Insulting your boss

If I called my boss a ****head...

• Total voters

Pubey

So last night we were celebrating two colleagues birthdays (one is our head of section) and as usual we all got pretty pished and quite a bit of banter was flying around.

We have a new girl who has started, and she's a few years younger than me. She's a part-time MSc student and a part-time funded researcher. So she tends to come out on our nights out, and generally she's a good craic.

However the last few times she's got more than a little bit drunk, and ends up being quite rowdy. We all ended up in a curry-house and she decided she wanted to share a curry and rice with our Head of Section (they're working together on a project so get on quite well) and whilst we were eating I'm not sure what exactly happened but she ended up calling our boss a d*ckhead!

Half the table went silent, and the other half were ****ing themselves laughing!! I'm not sure if my boss actually heard it, although everyone else did. I reckon he pretended not to hear.

So what do you think would happen if you insulted your boss to his/her face? Or have you actually done so?

Last edited:
So what do you think would happen if you insulted your boss to his/her face? Or have you actually done so?

I usually get a stern warning that if I carry on I'll get charged, or I magically find my self working the weekend.

Me and my old boss didn't get on. He messed my leave around before I went to the Falklands massively, and so whilst I was on leave, I had to go into work and sort some bits out. I was playing the Yes Staff, No Staff, 3 bags full Staff game, to which he said if I carried on saying Yes Staff, he'd knock me out.

My reply? Yes Staff. Let's face it, there was no way he would have hit me, and had he done so, he wouldn't have knocked me out. Annoyed him no end though. When I walked out the office, his words were 'I'd like to say it's been a pleasure, but you're a c*nt.' Brilliant.

Her boss should definitely tell her to sleep with him/her or get the sack...

Not particularly, and not really.

She could be in trouble then...

Anyway, onto the question, I'm currently working freelance so effectively I'm my own boss. The sports editor of the site is a Canadian, so even if I did insult him he probably wouldn't understand.

Last edited:
Not quite, but I did fall foul of a previous MD of a company I worked for. The company was Swedish and had a pretty decent in house computer system, which had a few faults but worked ok. He proposed spending over 50k on a new system with a separate company, I looked at the proposal and said in a a meeting that it was a waste of money, and we would have months of teething problems. My comments were minuted but overlooked.

The system was finally installed about 6 months later, having all manner of problems prior. When it was up and running it had none of the functions the boss was assured it would. We had bllody engineers and technicians in every day for about 2 months, before we got any sort of functionality, and then only for the ****ing accounts department. During this time we had to double up and run the new system alongside the old.

I eventually blew my top in a meeting and referred to the minutes of the original meeting and said I told you so. I may have been best suited resigning on the spot as he made my life very uncomfortable before I finally left the company.

Doesn't it really depend on the context?

If she just called him it because that's what she thought of him then I'd say she would probably get a little telling off, but if she said it in terms of the banter flying around then surely he just has to take it as a joke?

I have never really had a boss where I have ever felt the need to insult them, but then I do have a vast amount of working life left and not every boss I have is going to be as good as the ones I have had.

I guess the worst say to insult your boss is behind there back and they hear about it through other people, most of them would rather it be said to their face to get it out in the open and try and work things out (well that's how I would rather it be if I were a boss!)

Anyone who gets sh*tfaced with the boss present is, frankly, a fool who is asking for trouble.

Call me a cynic, but you can only really let your guard down by getting drunk with those whom you implicitly trust. And it's been a long time since I implicitly trusted my colleagues.

Anyone who gets sh*tfaced with the boss present is, frankly, a fool who is asking for trouble.

Call me a cynic, but you can only really let your guard down by getting drunk with those whom you implicitly trust. And it's been a long time since I implicitly trusted my colleagues.

Matt, you're a cynic. :p But absolutely correct.

yeah I think that's the general feeling this morning, she has a bit of a history on other nights out... so she is asking for trouble.

People in power respect strength and the last man standing is the daddy.

People in power respect strength and the last man standing is the daddy.

I've never met anyone who can sup a pint as slowly as me. So my colleagues think I've been drinking all night - which I have been. It just so happens that I've only had two pints, whilst they're slowing melting into a state of utter inebriety after their sixth.

My boss has a temper. He threw one of the temps out of their chair recently, and threw his phone into the back seat of the car.

Someone at my place left their PC logged in one evening and their boss happend to spot it before the screen save kicked in. The boss sent himself an email from the guys PC basically slagging the Boss off and tendering his resignation in a "stick your job up your arse" stylee , then logged off

The next morning the boss replied ,before the bloke got in , asking him to come and see him. The Bloke has abolutely crapping himself , and the Boss didn't help y then going out of the office for the morning.

Unfortuantely before he returned and the "Joke" was uncovered, IT had had the drains up and 5 people had wasted 4 hours each trying to work out what had gone on.....

Someone at my place left their PC logged in one evening and their boss happend to spot it before the screen save kicked in. The boss sent himself an email from the guys PC basically slagging the Boss off and tendering his resignation in a "stick your job up your arse" stylee , then logged off

If you leave your computer unlocked and unattended at work, then you can expect to have asked out the ugliest girl at the unit, admitted to everyone that you are a bender and love cottaging, and that you secretly love small boys. All within about 60 seconds.

I usually get a stern warning that if I carry on I'll get charged, or I magically find my self working the weekend.

Me and my old boss didn't get on. He messed my leave around before I went to the Falklands massively, and so whilst I was on leave, I had to go into work and sort some bits out. I was playing the Yes Staff, No Staff, 3 bags full Staff game, to which he said if I carried on saying Yes Staff, he'd knock me out.

My reply? Yes Staff. Let's face it, there was no way he would have hit me, and had he done so, he wouldn't have knocked me out. Annoyed him no end though. When I walked out the office, his words were 'I'd like to say it's been a pleasure, but you're a c*nt.' Brilliant.

Isn't your boss the Queen though?

While at college I had a part time job at vision express, and my boss quickly took a dislike to me. Knowing that I wasn't allowed near Acetone due it triggering my asthma, he once made me clean the machines with the stuff just to be vindictive. This resulted in a trip to hospital. I naturally quit shortly afterwards, but made a vowel to myself that when I was older and in a position to do so, I would be back as a customer to make the ***** life hell.

I know he still works there, and now I run my own business and undoubtedly earn more money than him, I'm just waiting for the opticians to prescribe glasses and I'm gonna go and fulfill his destiny.

Moral of the story, never mess with a man who's prepared to hold a 12 year grudge. he he.

Back