• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
By and large you have to be a Premier$hite player to get a look in the England squad or a non-league player to be selected for their equivalent. Why cant the Champs, Lg 1 and Lg 2 sides start their own Internationals?. A senior squad and U-21's. I am sure it would be well supported and it would be great to see the how our stars equip themselves on the world stage. Lots of countries have a league set up similar to ours and undoubtedly have a number of divisions overlooked for the Internationals. The U-21's in particular may be a good indicator of up and coming talent that may not normally get such an opportunity to showcase itself. Players may be able to force themselves into the national U-21's.
rock.gif

Good idea in theory.......Thing is we'd lose half our team as we are GREAT, would our league fixtures be cancelled? Would we just be creating more club v country arguments?

I'd still like to see a return to the anglo italian cup next season when we are in the Championship! I was too young to travel before but now how cool would the odd trip to Italy be!

Many years ago there used to be "International" matches between The Football League amd other leagues. In those days the opposition were, in the main, international B Teams, but the Football League team comprised of Welsh, Scots etc

The Trouble with making up "International" teams from Lower divisions is that most of Europe have a "B" league, a few have a "C" which by and large is regionalised and as for a National "D" division I can only think of Us and the Jocks....

Could just play a few games like, england tiewr 1, 2 and 3 v Italion eqilivant just for a tourney once to see whos the best at ever level

Sounds interesting, but it'd likely lead to arguments and, for successful teams, fixture pile-up...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Oct. 07 2005,17:32)]Could just play a few games like, england tiewr 1, 2 and 3 v Italion eqilivant just for a tourney once to see whos the best at ever level
There was limited interest in the Anglo-Italian club matches, there would be NO interest to speak of in such an idea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Oct. 07 2005,17:11)]Many years ago there used to be "International" matches between The Football League amd other leagues. In those days the opposition were, in the main, international B Teams, but the Football League team comprised of Welsh, Scots etc

The Trouble with making up "International" teams from Lower divisions is that most of Europe have a "B" league, a few have a "C" which by and large is regionalised and as for a National "D" division I can only think of Us and the Jocks....
which incidentally the Jocks accomplish by only having a handful of teams in each division.

There can be few stronger third or fourth divisions in the world, although Genoa and Napoli are at that level at the moment for various indiscretions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 07 2005,20:02)]which incidentally the Jocks accomplish by only having a handful of teams in each division.

There can be few stronger third or fourth divisions in the world,  although Genoa and Napoli are at that level at the moment for various indiscretions.
There really are far too many sides in Scottish league football.

40 teams for a population of approx 5 million. If England had a similar ratio of teams to people in the country, we'd have over 400 Prem/Football teams.

I beg to differ about there being a lack of interest. Our league is flourishing and the fans are eager for more. You have to think about certain players that are at the top of their game in our divisions. They will never play for the Prem England side and so have nothing more to accomplish. If we had our own Internationals it would give many players something more to aim for and hopefully keep them playing to their best. Some may even prove themselves capable of the transition up It would be a showcase and a deserved reward for their efforts. It would also give the likes of me the opportunity to watch International football and have an affiliation with the players on the park.
rock.gif

English football league v Others would be good. Id watch it. Lee trundle and Shaun Goater up frount anyone?

How about a trial of England (usual first team Prem version) against a Coka Cola England XI?

Am I the only one who thinks that, under the right management (i.e. Tilly), the Coka Cola XI would actually beat the England Prem divas and a team under Sven?

rock.gif

Surely this is something Coka Cola would be keen on sponsoring?

Oh... and what a great way to test Wembley out in front of a big crowd. Teams that represent English players throughout the pro league set-up.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 09 2005,10:28)]Am I the only one who thinks that, under the right management (i.e. Tilly), the Coka Cola XI would actually beat the England Prem divas and a team under Sven?
With the right management even Montserrat could probably beat Sven's England!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 09 2005,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 09 2005,10:28)]Am I the only one who thinks that, under the right management (i.e. Tilly), the Coka Cola XI would actually beat the England Prem divas and a team under Sven?
tounge.gif
Not sure about that. Maybe a 0-0 draw would be on the cards. Have you seen how bad the Montserrat forwards are?They even have one that plays in League 2 somewhere. Right lazy git... and better in goal than in his more familiar position I've heard.

biggrin.gif

Can't remember the guy's name he's so insignificant.

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 09 2005,13:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 09 2005,11:45)]
[b said:
tounge.gif
Not sure about that. Maybe a 0-0 draw would be on the cards. Have you seen how bad the Montserrat forwards are?They even have one that plays in League 2 somewhere. Right lazy git... and better in goal than in his more familiar position I've heard.

biggrin.gif

ghostface.gif
Ah yeah, I remember - isn't he the brother of that equally useless Newcastle defender....

He's really crap!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 09 2005,13:06)]Not sure about that. Maybe a 0-0 draw would be on the cards. Have you seen how bad the Montserrat forwards are?They even have one that plays in League 2 somewhere. Right lazy git... and better in goal than in his more familiar position I've heard.

biggrin.gif

ghostface.gif
"God", wasn't it?

smile.gif

Back