• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown now leave?

• Yes

Votes: 233 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 14.9%
  • 3 more games

Votes: 69 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at this idiot, back on 10th September, with his extreme views! :winking: :-

I would never call for a Managers departure and will stick by Brown and the team. It is a fair point about injuries, Ferdinand , Ranger, Timlin, Wordsworth, Innis( in particular if we could get him back) are pretty good players..We may struggle for a while but with my rose tints I believe we will pick up..I will still be there in January .. supporting the team and wishing Brown good fortune

Last edited:
The old ponderous build up and general poor play we were served up earlier in the season was tough to take. This new attacking and enjoyable style is harder to take. This is Southend United and we are not supposed to play well in front of a decent crowd What a difference having players fit has made as well as giving cox someone who is n the same wavelength. Fortune was awesome in the first half yesterday and the movement upfront is a joy to see. With Ranger we have the same. We also defend from the front which helps the team. We even scored from a long throw ! All in all we look a good team and Ferdinand has been immense at the back. He doesn't look like he does much but his organisation and coolness have transformed the defence.

Spot on, that.

I had one of those 'this is all going to go wrong' feelings before the game yesterday. I've been there too often when things are on the up, only for a reality check, but not a bit of it yesterday.

We have the foot firmly on the throttle and don't look like taking it off, anytime soon.

Last edited:
The old ponderous build up and general poor play we were served up earlier in the season was tough to take. This new attacking and enjoyable style is harder to take. This is Southend United and we are not supposed to play well in front of a decent crowd What a difference having players fit has made as well as giving cox someone who is n the same wavelength. Fortune was awesome in the first half yesterday and the movement upfront is a joy to see. With Ranger we have the same. We also defend from the front which helps the team. We even scored from a long throw ! All in all we look a good team and Ferdinand has been immense at the back. He doesn't look like he does much but his organisation and coolness have transformed the defence.

Our second goal came from their throw right in our corner; this team breaks as quick as any Southend team I've seen and something I haven't seen us do in years

Suddenly I look rather stupid considering my comment after losing to Fleetwood & Northampton. Has we played this team, I can see us picking up 8 pts from Gillingham, Fleetwood, Vales & Northampton easily & a unlucky loss at Scunthorpe & Rochdale, we would be much closer to top 2!

I hold my hand up, and I voted in this poll for the manager to leave. I still didn't like the way he 'whored' himself about for the Bolton job, and a possible England position (ha ha)

But, he has been given time by RM (something a lot of chairman wouldn't have done) and, with the players being fit and playing to a more attacking 442 we are seeing Ron's faith bear fruit.

Just shows what I know, but long may it continue, and if PB gets voted manager of the season then I for one won't be complaining.

UTB

Brown will not be removed until he has a team which includes Anton, Ranger and Cox playing games and still getting beaten. Until then, which I hope happens - the 3 guys playing, not the getting beaten, - then Phil will be here to stay.
Until Christmas has past anyway before any firm decision by Ron unless we ship 3/4 for next few games:blush: it is all so messy it is hard to know or guess what will happen BUT Ron has shown backing and we ought to acknowledge that.

Wise man this

Enough is enough!!!!

Performances are getting worse.
Problems from last season have not been addressed and I don't buy the theory that last season does not count, of course it does and the games this season have highlighted the mess we are in.
Failed in the transfer market.
Judge me when transfer market is closed. We have, total Rubbish.
Now judge me when I have all my squad back. What next judge me after Christmas??? Total rubbish.
Players look totally unhappy.
Always blaming everyone else.
Total shambles with our one transfer day signing.
Sounds like we were lucky not to lose by 6 today.
Granted the result against Bolton was a good one, we had luck on our side that day that masked the problems. On another day it could have been a cricket score.
RM in the week with his echo piece is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans by claiming we will climb up table when players back from injury (the same players which struggled since January)

I could go on and on.....

If the club do not make changes now, we will be so far adrift of every other team by Xmas that Relegation to League 2 will be unavoidable!!

Change the manager and management team now, clean sweep and get someone in who can motivate the players to perform and breathe new life into the club which we desperately need now.

Rant over!

Just to show balance....

Spot on, that.

I had one of those 'this is all going to go wrong' feelings before the game yesterday. I've been there too often when things are on the up, only for a reality check, but not a bit of it yesterday.

We have the foot firmly on the throttle and don't look like taking it off, anytime soon.

Same here, thankfully short lived...

I was running late yesterday, didn't leave Leigh until 12:38pm, tuned into BBC Essex and heard that Oxley was out, at which time alarm bells started... No Ranger, no Coker, and now the Ox! How's young Ted going to cope with with their up and at em style and 6ft plus frontline. Had visions of Ted getting bullied and dropping a clanger, and also about missing the 1st 20mins or so, but my mood quickly lightened.

Amazingly traffic was light, traffic lights in my favour and blagged a tight parking space near to SHSB. Got into the West stand moments after KO, Coxy did the biz early on and the only real test for Ted was that dealing with that insane back pass in the 1st half. Worries quickly alleviated. Have we really turned the corner,? I reckon so, but next 5-6 games will be the deciding factor as to whether we are at the races.

Ye of little faith eh, Green lights all the way?

Phil Brown's Southend - if he takes up up then yeah I can live with that :-)

Back