• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is Laurent much cop?

Je voudrais?

• Total voters
Usual over reaction to a player losing some form. Clearly a very good player based on early season form. However, since he has been injured, suspended etc has not looked the same player. Still shows glimses of what he can do and after a full pre-season and gets fit will def. be an assest. Just remember it took macca about three months to produce his old form.

I stated in my ratings on Saturday that I'm starting to think we jumped the gun by giving him the extended contract so soon on in his career with us. I did say though around that time that he's an enigma and he's never going to be consistent. Hopefully we'll get more Leeds like performances than his recent ones.

Hopefully he'll come good but he does appear to be struggling at the moment.

After the Leeds game back in October I couldn't stop raving about him. That night he was brilliant. Big, awkward, skilfull, decent turn of pace, good touch etc etc did everything that night bar score.

Since his ankle break his gone off the boil a little bit but he will come good. One thing I said to my mate on Saturday is he seems the type of playing that can score from 30 yards, or on the byline, or round 4 players and slot home but at the same time would probably miss from 6 yards or mis-control in front of goal. Very similiar to Kanu.

A work in progress for me. Could be very very good, however equally could fade out of the picture.

Next season will be the test, as he is still young and will improve the more full time football he plays in England.

Yup. My thoughts exactly. I voted for Best out of top flight as I felt the options were loaded into giving him a poor rating. Had there been an option of Already good at this level and improving, I'd have gone for that.
Second option of ok at best was a little too negative for me.

I suppose, in time honoured official management speak, he offers something different..

If all of our forwards were fit......he's one for the bench as a surprise package. Seen nothing to suggest he's anything more than a very occasional flair player.........a luxury in our team, but a must have in a successful one.

If all of our forwards were fit......he's one for the bench as a surprise package. Seen nothing to suggest he's anything more than a very occasional flair player.........a luxury in our team, but a must have in a successful one.

Who would you have as our starters then?

Back