• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is something going on between Tilly and Ron ?

CC51DAS

President
No, silly , I don't mean are they having an affair, but has some sort of rift developed or is a political game being played out between them ?

Its funny how opinions can change but 2/3 weeks ago when we seemed to be getting mixed messages over the attempted signing of Ben Chorley, I felt that it was simply a change of events that had lead to them issuing contradictory comments.

Now, I am not so sure. Playing Parmenter, for all his good work is only going to fuel the unrest amongst fans already concerned at the lack of depth in the squad.

Maybe a political move by Tilly ?

Perhaps not if it means Ron will turn that added pressure round on him to find someone. Perhaps yes if it is a ploy to get Ron to make more money available and thereby widen the choice of potential signings.

And is Tilly being extra cautious about sticking his neck out after the criticism in the Chairman's blog over, in particular, Foran ? (for example valuing Robinson at a much lower figure than many expected)

There are more questions than answers .And some of the answers are not as stright as they should be .

Perhaps Tilly is waiting to see if he is still the manager if there is an imminent take-over bid.
We have a new director and I know from previous take-over bids for companies the first job is to get one of the new people's men on the board. Co-incidence or conspiracy theory ?

Perhaps Tilly is waiting to see if he is still the manager if there is an imminent take-over bid.
We have a new director and I know from previous take-over bids for companies the first job is to get one of the new people's men on the board. Co-incidence or conspiracy theory ?

Yeah but the new director is not somebody new to the organisation having been the Commercial Manager for the past couple of years...

Yeah but the new director is not somebody new to the organisation having been the Commercial Manager for the past couple of years...

Agree, but would not be the first time that someone from within has been involved in bringing in or acting as a front man for a take over, also don't really see much point in the appointment simply as a 'reward' for a job well done,RM at this time is only going to be looking for people who can bring something to the 'party' and I am not sure what at the moment he brings? but have a feeling that there is more to come from it. No doubting this guy has football and business connections and the development of the club both on & off the pitch would be of an interest to someone or group somewhere, but we have never had the good fortune to have that interest from anyone with the financial ability to take us to that level, but RM has brought the club and all that goes with to it's most marketable point in it's history, a thought if nothing else.

I heard Ron beat Tilly at Golf on Friday... Tilly was down the Duke Pub spitting feathers everyone was too scared to say hello he was that upset... Ray the boss heard him mempling to himself.... wait till I see him down the training ground I going to challenge that so called ''Bob the Builder'' to some table Tennis...

2325920887_b206236832.jpg

Imagine the scenario, A business-man buys an ailing company that requires massive investments but in return there is the potential for the newly developed and much larger business to become a thriving concern but the company boss finds he has landed himself with a massive workload so he sells off the part of the business to a company that has connections with someone who works for the original company.
It could happen.

Imagine the scenario, A business-man buys an ailing company that requires massive investments but in return there is the potential for the newly developed and much larger business to become a thriving concern but the company boss finds he has landed himself with a massive workload so he sells off the part of the business to a company that has connections with someone who works for the original company.
It could happen.

Some interesting thoughts there Ken - not something that would have occured to me otherwise but if there is a sale going on behind the scenes it could certainly explain a lot.

RM has seemed a little agitated in some of his communiqués of late - up till now I had put it down to the current pressures he is under in keeping the club afloat/stadproj etc but of course it's possible he is considering another solution.

There must be a temptation in the current economic climate that if he gets the right kind of offer and can avoid pumping more in for the next few years to cash in now.

As you say, IF that happened, where that would leave Tilly and co who knows ?

I heard Ron was jealous when Tilly went to Spain with Brushy... he think there's something going on, and so is going to re-style his hair in an attempt to win Tilly back

I heard Ron was jealous when Tilly went to Spain with Brushy... he think there's something going on, and so is going to re-style his hair in an attempt to win Tilly back

:) -made me smile - would give you green but it won't let me

Back