• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is The Zone Getting Boring With Bannings.

You mean she has tried to get you banned as well,damn i thought i was special.

You're all special.........I have a big

heart.png

You want to behave like naughty schoolboys, then accept that you'll be treated as such. ;) Incidentally I'm not too sure I've tried to get anyone banned exactly - expressed a great deal of concern, yes; protested, again, yes. Any banning has been entirely at the behest of the powers that be, and whatever some of you may think, that's not me.

Before we go too far down this path, I'll echo John's point above that people only get banned for persistent breaking of the site rules or for going out of their way to make life difficult for the people who give up their time and money to run this website. The rules are in the FAQ and easy enough to access through the Quick Links link on the toolbar.

Bottom line is we do the best we can to keep everyone happy and I think most people will recognise that that's impossible.

And for the record, I write this as one of the Mods who most definitely DOES have his head up his arse!

Before we go too far down this path, I'll echo John's point above that people only get banned for persistent breaking of the site rules or for going out of their way to make life difficult for the people who give up their time and money to run this website. The rules are in the FAQ and easy enough to access through the Quick Links link on the toolbar.

Bottom line is we do the best we can to keep everyone happy and I think most people will recognise that that's impossible.

And for the record, I write this as one of the Mods who most definitely DOES have his head up his arse!

As an original member of this site I did not agree to these set of rules when I joined as they have changed and have not signed a new terms and conditions of use thus my actions can't be called into question.

So all my bans have been unfounded!

As an original member of this site I did not agree to these set of rules when I joined as they have changed and have not signed a new terms and conditions of use thus my actions can't be called into question.

So all my bans have been unfounded!

God knows what your lawyer would say about it, I think you would walk away with a six figure cash sum plus an apolgy in a well renowned paper.

This website is absolutley gash, not as gucci as it used to be. Fully of wet pants and timmy's... and some of the people on here are abou as funny as a fish with tits. That is all. Cheerios

You want to behave like naughty schoolboys, then accept that you'll be treated as such.

Thats just it though isn't it.

Shrimperzone was always a bit a haven where we could be naughty schoolboys without being told off. Nowadays its a wash with mundane tosh and the exciting stuff is less frequent.

I find myself spending a lot more time on other sites (F365 in particular) and just drop in here to see whats going on.

This isn't a slant on the running of the site or the mods, its the way I see things.

Personally, I enjoyed the political debate on Friday. I thought Shrimp & Two Veg and True Blue argued their points well. It was stimulating without being heated, interesting without being boorish. An ideal debate, in other words.

This Freedom of Speech thing swings both ways though. You can't use it as a weapon when someone pops up with an opinion that differs from yours. You have your right to your views, everyone else has their right to call your view bobbins. To my knowledge, no-one has been banned from this website for having a political opinion, unless it has crossed the lines marked out quite clearly in the FAQ.

Anyway, you'd have to say there are as many lefties as there are...erm...righties. In fact, given that the voting on that thread showed a 25% share, the largest single share, for the BNP, you could argue that Shrimperzone is a predominately nationalistic website.

With regards to DtS's point about the content changing, I fear that it is we who have changed. When you throw kids, engagements, weddings and house-buying into the equation, the hilarious stories about accidents in the bedroom or freakishly proportioned women tend to dry up a bit. More's the pity, believe me.

Where's the new generation of SZ'ers with their stories?

With regards to DtS's point about the content changing, I fear that it is we who have changed. When you throw kids, engagements, weddings and house-buying into the equation, the hilarious stories about accidents in the bedroom or freakishly proportioned women tend to dry up a bit. More's the pity, believe me.

I've got to agree with this. There are plenty of the crude/funny threads still started, but they seem to quickly disappear down the listings in favour of some fantastically mundane ramblings. Maybe if more of the 'lads' spent as much time contributing to the worthwhile threads as they do trying to break the forum rules or winding up the the MOR posters, then they wouldn't need to whinge about how boring this site has become...

Their time must surely be coming soon. We've picked up a lot of younger posters in recent years - indicative of a wider trend amongst SUFC's support as a whole - and it's only a matter of time before all sorts of tales start emerging from these young whippersnappers as they sow their wild oats around the Southend area.

Too many interesting posters are banned/quit/rarely post.

Personally I liked Irate Ians postings ,mixture of madness/comedy.

It's about responsible usage of a public forum that is owned by other people. If it was YOUR forum then you would be perfectly entitled to take whatever potentially libellous risks you wanted but as it isn't, you have to comply with the forum rules. It's quite simple, be adult enough to accept the consequences or don't post.

and what are you gonna do if we dont comply? bore us all to death?

I spend a fair bit of time on a Brisbane Roar supporters forum over here which reminds me very much of what SZ was like back in the day (whilst I may not have been on here from the start, certainly from quite early days). On there I know almost everyone personally and it's more just an extension of the pub banter from the weekend, much as SZ used to be. The language is a bit more 'adult' and not censored at all and there is scant regard for political correctness.

I really like that, it appeals to me more than a sanitised forum. However in that regard SZ is a victim of it's own success. Back in the day I'd say there was less input from Mods because the forum was self-policing. That's exactly how the Roar forum works, plenty of people wander dangerously close to the line but as soon as someone steps over it other posters tell them they're out of order and that's how it's dealt with. However with increased numbers of posters on SZ that is less the case and to protect the site and the financial well being of it's owners there has to be a bit more adherence to the rules and policing of them.

Edit - To put that into context SZ has 1,910 members (of which 781 are active) and the most ever online at one time was 514. For the Roar forum they have 246 members in total (of which I'd say well under half are active) and the most ever online is 21.

Last edited:
Back