• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Jack Bridge to Return

I almost get the chairman negotiating new deals for players out of contract. Almost. It’s still a bit redundant if the new manager doesn’t fancy said player

The chairman negotiating actual new signings is ludicrous

which tells me the manager has given it the ok

I'd love to believe you were correct, but I fear that this is Ron's call alone.
Furthermore, I don't even see Bridge's signing as an area where we are in dire need of reinforcements. We already have the likes of Egbri and Kinali and this signing would merely stunt their progress.

Yeah, the chairman will be working with whoever will be manager.

To be honest, it's nice to have a rumour, someone we're interested in and I'm fine that player is Jack Bridge.

I see him as a replacement for Macca, he's a
confidence player, that needs to be loved.
He can take players on and can cross but needs minutes.

there’s some logic to that, but it doesn’t really hold true: until a manager has signed, any potential deal for him to join can fall through (eg Larsson), so it would be remiss to start signing players because a favoured managerial candidate says so.

Jack Bridge isn’t a winger.

IIRC, he liked to get stuck in though, so DM could be an ideal position for him.

Jack Bridge isn’t a winger.

IIRC, he liked to get stuck in though, so DM could be an ideal position for him.
He did have his best loan spell from us out on the wing. TBH I'm not hugely convinced by bringing him back, has some technical ability for sure but blows very hot and cold and I remember there were some questions over his mentality when here before.

I almost get the chairman negotiating new deals for players out of contract. Almost. It’s still a bit redundant if the new manager doesn’t fancy said player

This indicates that maybe the new manager isn't actually going to have a lot of influence...

Who might have been making some moves in the betting market recently and would have already seen him on trial at a certain larger club? :Think:

28 appearances for Carlisle last season in League 2, we need squad players as much as first team starters so he doesn't seem like a terrible signing to me.

Maybe Ron's seen a way to make some money by buying him as we get some of the future sale income from us selling him in the first place.... He's a local lad, he needs to train, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the end of the story

[/QUOTEwish the chairman had done it instead of Bond when he was here lol.

Very strange. Didn't pull up trees last time here, and seemed disinterested at training. For a midfielder, he doesn't make or score many goals. Oh well, maybe he's developed or changed his game. Lets wish him all the best and hope it's a master stroke from the Chairman.

No thanks to either Jack. Payne to expensive and the hype was all from Southend not everyone else.

Bridge, released from Carlisle and rejected after a good trial period at at Bristol R .We have players in our under 16's who could achieve that.

No need to sign mid 20's failures.....Our own youth and a couple of decent lower league McCormack/Grant type players is whats needed next season

No need to sign mid 20's failures.....Our own youth and a couple of decent lower league McCormack/Grant type players is whats needed next season
Yeah, have said the same. Granty's just signed an extension at Swindown I think, Jack Payne might benefit from playing in a team with him.

As to Jack Bridge, he was a player I liked the look of and didn't feel he was given much of a chance so I'm not unhappy with this news.

Back