• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Jack Bridge to Return

I read it as local, young and cheap. Compared to many of our crop he is experienced. Also I seriously doubt CF is giving away contracts without the organ grinder sanctioning it.

He’s been here before and knows the set up of the place which helps.

Never understood the phrase “he knows the club” and how it is a benefit to anyone?

saves learning names? Won’t get lost? Knows where the toilet is?

I dont get it

Knows the facilities well, knows some of the staff, knows what Ron can be like.

Nothing like you mention, he knows we are a bit tin pot in a lot of places. Whereas new signings who haven’t seen the club or been to B&L won’t know that.

He is in my eyes. He was out on the wing at Chelmsford under Maher and was absolutely superb. I was going to every Chelmsford game at this time.

Aye, maybe back then. But there’s a big difference in levels from there to here.

He played virtually every game for Carlisle in CM. There’s a reason they didn’t play him on the wing

He was always a ball playing CM, sounding very similar to Phillips and Gard, making me wonder why we are signing him if we plan to play him there

He was always a ball playing CM, sounding very similar to Phillips and Gard, making me wonder why we are signing him if we plan to play him there
Both Phillips and Gard have suffered injuries which is my worry, Phillips especially looks to me a great prospect but whether he can last a full L2 season being kicked about I’m not sure. Bridge knows the league and what to expect and can also play in a few positions. With quality signings unlikely to be flooding RH, I’d definitely give him a shot. This isn’t like Kights at the end of his career, the right manager might still be able to find something in him.

Look, we are a big club with a proud history. He's gone out, played for some lower league trash like Northampton Town and knows the grass isn't greener. Of course he wants to come back.
Northampton have played in the top division-we haven’t—just saying.

Aye, maybe back then. But there’s a big difference in levels from there to here.

He played virtually every game for Carlisle in CM. There’s a reason they didn’t play him on the wing

Definitely a big difference in levels. But I said at the time if he wasn't our player I'd have still been writing on the forum saying "we need to look at this kid". He was obviously several levels above what he was playing. At the time my good friend was the main sponsor at Chelmsford "BIG cars", so we were in the hospitality area and got to mix with players and management etc. Maher & Coughlan were of the opinion he was a natural winger and I'm guessing when persuing him for Bristol, that is what he had in mind.

I get your point about Carlisle (I'm taking your word that they never tried him on the wing as I don't know?). Think this is one where we'll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: GBJ
Seems strange to be signing players when we don't know who our next manager is yet. What if they don't rate him?

Oh well, I like the guy so hope he does well.

I think its a sign of the new way of thinking. We've tried throwing money at big name players & where did that get us. This is the new world. We're in L2, we're skint, we've got a dodgy recent past, and won't be an attractive proposition for many players looking for a contract. We're likely to come second to just about anyone in a two-club beauty contest at the moment. So we try and keep the promising youngsters we've already got, along with a sprinkling of the affordable older heads, and add to it when the opportunity arrises by signing players with experience at this level who won't cost a fortune. And if they happen to be from around here and 'love the club' all the better in Ron's eyes. I doubt there'll be any 'biggest budget in L2' boasts this season. We're cutting our cloth accordingly & much as that might not be very exciting it at least shows a welcome change in thinking. In my opinion anyway. I'd settle for a mid-table finish & no final demands from HMRC. we need to repair our reputation.

I was disappointed when we let Bridge go back in the day, so would happily see him return. Ultimately our success on the pitch will be mostly down to team spirit, work ethic and organisation. We need some quality and experience sprinkled in, but bringing in someone like Bridge who we know well, and knows us well, is an astute move, as long as the new manager is on board with it.

I was disappointed when we let Bridge go back in the day, so would happily see him return. Ultimately our success on the pitch will be mostly down to team spirit, work ethic and organisation. We need some quality and experience sprinkled in, but bringing in someone like Bridge who we know well, and knows us well, is an astute move, as long as the new manager is on board with it.
Who decides to sign players when we dont have a manager .

Back